Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tim Sherwood on Sky Sports 'The Debate' last night: "Christian Eriksen wanted to leave the club because he wants to go to a club where he thinks he can win trophies. I believe that's a difficult task, to find a club better than Tottenham to win trophies."

Oh my.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
SPORT-PREVIEW-TEAM-LINE-UP-FREE-AGENT-XI.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
New interview with Fekir makes it sound like it was his agent’s fault the deal to Liverpool fell through.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mundo Deportivo speculating more than linking Barça with a move for Fabian Ruiz next Summer. Apparently the club has been scouting him for years. They speculate he'd cost 60 million. Personally I'd spend half that and get a different young Spanish player and I'd get the deal done ASAP.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mundo Deportivo speculating more than linking Barça with a move for Fabian Ruiz next Summer. Apparently the club has been scouting him for years. They speculate he'd cost 60 million. Personally I'd spend half that and get a different young Spanish player and I'd get the deal done ASAP.
Or donate the 60 million and focus on what they have? :)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well I'd get rid of Rakitic and Vidal, both of which I anticipate happening between now and next Summer. Besides, the player I'm thinking of can play multiple positions.
Isco? I agree!

Seriously though with Arthur, De Jong, Puig they set for awhile. I wouldn’t be opposed to getting in midfielders (young ones with potential) they jus have to trim the fat first

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Please refrain from @ me to written diarrhea. This "journalism article" is based on fantasy land. For starters its implying that Dybala had a spot in the NT which is false he never had one and its not until recently he's been picked regularly. Plus, the real rumours are him going to Tottenham in the winter or PSG. For my money I think he's going to link up with Poch.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please refrain from @ me to written diarrhea. This "journalism article" is based on fantasy land. For starters its implying that Dybala had a spot in the NT which is false he never had one and its not until recently he's been picked regularly. Plus, the real rumours are him going to Tottenham in the winter or PSG. For my money I think he's going to link up with Poch.
I dunno I thought it was a good storyline.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Isco? I agree!

Seriously though with Arthur, De Jong, Puig they set for awhile. I wouldn’t be opposed to getting in midfielders (young ones with potential) they jus have to trim the fat first

Can't believe you'd actually think buying Isco is a good idea.

Depth and competition for places. Besides, he can play in multiple positions.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kicker said that Dortmund has real interest in signing Havertz. He would by far be our record signing, but after some of our recent sales and the likely sale of Sancho, I think we could afford it.

Predictably, Bayern sources at Sport Bild came out the same day and made sure to say that they heard the only team in Germany he'd move to is Bayern. We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting him to move to Dortmund, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Brandt was supposedly too good to move to Dortmund, and we got him dirt cheap.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kicker said that Dortmund has real interest in signing Havertz. He would by far be our record signing, but after some of our recent sales and the likely sale of Sancho, I think we could afford it.

Predictably, Bayern sources at Sport Bild came out the same day and made sure to say that they heard the only team in Germany he'd move to is Bayern. We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting him to move to Dortmund, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Brandt was supposedly too good to move to Dortmund, and we got him dirt cheap.
This is going to sound ridiculous but if Liverpool can’t get Mbappe or Sancho, they are may big players for Havertz. With the Nike sponsorship they are going to want a big Nike player. Havertz May be the biggest available Nike name if those two aren’t; but I would be curious to see a list of other players sponsored by Nike too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I could see Klopp going hard for Sancho at some point. He is a pretty well known admirer IIRC.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dortmund poaching top young german talent from other BuLi clubs? What else is new...

But for realsies: sell Sancho & Paco, use those profits on Havertz & Werner; move forward with Havertz, Brandt, Werner, & Reus/Hazard in the front 4. Boom. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad