Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
KDB is def better.
I agree.

These are obviously not perfect but I do believe this discussion lends itself to why I feel Silva is underrated still:

https://i.redd.it/7zgo2jvck7j31.png

https://i.redd.it/dph55izek7j31.png

So that's the last 2 seasons and he's obviously started this season out in fine form. Top midfielder with de Bruyne injured most of the season, and 2nd highest only behind de Bruyne (marginally) in de Bruyne's PotY worthy season. The thing is Silva has been getting it done at that level for like a decade. He's an absolutely fantastic midfielder and a lot of what he does doesn't show up in the pure numbers, but he's so important to his teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
He's 1b to de Bruyne's 1a in the PL so I don't see it, but yeah everyone is entitled to value things differently.

If we're talking 10s then maybe, but (given that you explicitly said we're not) he's definitely not 1b. The gap between him and KdB is not insignificant enough for a 1a/1b, and I'd also take Kante over him pretty easily.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If we're talking 10s then maybe, but (given that you explicitly said we're not) he's definitely not 1b. The gap between him and KdB is not insignificant enough for a 1a/1b, and I'd also take Kante over him pretty easily.
It is, it just doesn't seem that way but Silva does a lot of things for City that de Bruyne doesn't; he's absolutely integral to that side and I love Kante but I wouldn't take him over Silva. de Bruyne is better but it's not a significant amount.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I agree.

These are obviously not perfect but I do believe this discussion lends itself to why I feel Silva is underrated still:

https://i.redd.it/7zgo2jvck7j31.png

https://i.redd.it/dph55izek7j31.png

So that's the last 2 seasons and he's obviously started this season out in fine form. Top midfielder with de Bruyne injured most of the season, and 2nd highest only behind de Bruyne (marginally) in de Bruyne's PotY worthy season. The thing is Silva has been getting it done at that level for like a decade. He's an absolutely fantastic midfielder and a lot of what he does doesn't show up in the pure numbers, but he's so important to his teams.
THe gap is larger than you are insinuating.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I guess we will just have to disagree cause there’s definitely 10 midfielders I take over David Silva. He’s number 3 on his team.

Well maybe not ten, but more than a handful. Silva has always been overrated by some on this forum. Amazingly so too. He's been excellent in the Premiership, but that's his story. Has always been pretty underwhelming for Spain and in La Liga he was good but definitely a tier below the best.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What would be realistic for Zagreb to get for Olmo?

I'd guess 30-40 million max based on everything. He was very clear at the start of the season that he wanted to go but clearly his performances are suggesting he's being professional about it on the pitch. He's worth a good 50 million at least in this market though.

It was reported in germany that Dinamo wanted double the BMG offer.

They offered only 15mil. Dinamo asked for 40. In the end clubs will be sorry they didn't make a serious move earlier.

Then 30 million was the asking price and they should have met it. A LOT of clubs should have. I'll say it again, and I'm being hypocritical in doing so because it goes against the policy I think the club should use in cases like Olmo's, but I'd have brought him back to Barça.

Another player a number of clubs should have moved for, Bruno Fernandes.

@Duchene2MacKinnon Olmo is who I was referring to last week or so.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
40 million being the asking price is fine and I'm not contradicting it, but he's now publicly said he wants to go and from what I can tell his current contract expires in 2021. 40 million being paid is still a realistic possibility, but not necessarily as likely anymore.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Do u cheer for the Spanish NT being from Barcelona
giphy.gif

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
2 players that are too talented for their respective league and should have been bought by a big club last summer:
Dani Olmo and Bruno Fernandes

I am very surprised (and happy) no premier league club (other than LFC) got one of them.

Reactions: YNWA14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Another player a number of clubs should have moved for, Bruno Fernandes.

His agent/club kept buffing the transfer price up with false interest from clubs, which resulted in no club willing to pay that price (~80 million €). United was used heavily according to all top English sources, despite not heaving real interest. From what I remember, his passing% stat "scared" a lot of teams away.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
2 players that are too talented for their respective league and should have been bought by a big club last summer:
Dani Olmo and Bruno Fernandes

I am very surprised (and happy) no premier league club (other than LFC) got one of them.

Yeah I think he’s a good goal scoring threat, but he lacks a little incisiveness in his passing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His agent/club kept buffing the transfer price up with false interest from clubs, which resulted in no club willing to pay that price (~80 million €). United was used heavily according to all top English sources, despite not heaving real interest. From what I remember, his passing% stat "scared" a lot of teams away.
Bruno F. BY FAR was the best player I saw this preseason. Where ever he goes he will be a good one. Hope Liverpool are in on him but (weirdly) I think they will be after bigger fish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->