Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sneijder now retires officially as well. One of the greatest mids of his generation and one who should've won the Ballon d'or in 2010, though I am a bit biased being a huge fan of his. Don't think I've ever seen a player who had so much power and accuracy in both his feet. Still showed flashes of brilliance in his final years for Galatasaray and Oranje, but his time with Nice and Qatar confirms it's a wise decision.

I'd rank 'm:

1) Arjen Robben
2) Wesley Sneijder
3) Robin van Persie
4) Rafael van der Vaart

Sneijder is probably my all time favourite player. Fantastic career and a shame that he didn't win the WC in 2010 (I also think he should have won the Ballon D'Or) the way he was playing (I still blame Robben, even though he's redeemed himself somewhat). I think some off field struggles contributed to his decline.

Funny, too, how they turned out as van der Vaart was by far the most hyped of the quartet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajacied

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sneijder now retires officially as well. One of the greatest mids of his generation and one who should've won the Ballon d'or in 2010, though I am a bit biased being a huge fan of his. Don't think I've ever seen a player who had so much power and accuracy in both his feet. Still showed flashes of brilliance in his final years for Galatasaray and Oranje, but his time with Nice and Qatar confirms it's a wise decision.

I'd rank 'm:

1) Arjen Robben
2) Wesley Sneijder
3) Robin van Persie
4) Rafael van der Vaart

I’d agree with that ranking, the end of an incredible generation of Dutch players.

Also sort of off topic and sort of a hot take, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone better at volley’s than RVP.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Sneijder is probably my all time favourite player. Fantastic career and a shame that he didn't win the WC in 2010 (I also think he should have won the Ballon D'Or) the way he was playing (I still blame Robben, even though he's redeemed himself somewhat). I think some off field struggles contributed to his decline.

Funny, too, how they turned out as van der Vaart was by far the most hyped of the quartet.

Van der Vaart was probably the most talented one of the bunch, though. Dude was so gifted technically. I feel he stayed in Hamburg too long. His time with Tottenham only proved how he was tailor made for the Premier League after everyone pegged him as a Barca/La Liga type of player.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

I'd rank 'm:

1) Arjen Robben
2) Wesley Sneijder
3) Robin van Persie
4) Rafael van der Vaart

Johan, Ruud?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sergio Gomez was sent out on loan to Huesca today. I thought we could've gotten the kid a better loan than the second division, but he needs to play and wasn't going to get minutes this season for Dortmund. I'd now like to loan out Balerdi and JBL. Wolf is better than BL and Balerdi isn't going to play much at CB with Weigl an option at the position. Loaning out Raschl is also an option and it may be the wise decision, but I'd like to see the kid get some minutes for our team this season. I don't know how that's going to happen with Delaney and Dahoud also as back up options in CM.

We still have a few players to get rid of. Our squad is too big, even after the recent departures of Philipp, Kagawa and Toprak. Schmelzer and Dahoud are the easiest candidates, but they don't want to go. Guerreiro is a definite candidate to leave, but he's injured for another 10 days and no one has put in an offer. Thats probably the most likely transfer out of the club between now and the end of the window. I suspect there will be a loan or two, as well. As for incoming transfers, maybe a CF like Schick, but thats likely it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Perisic to Bayern is almost done (on loan). He' s in Munich for his medical.

It is also reported that Bayern is interested in Coutinho.

And now something really strange. I read yesterday Bayern might also be interested in Bale. Can't believe that.

German link
Perisic zum Medizincheck in München - Interesse an Barcas Coutinho wird konkreter

They are going to bring in either Coutinho or Bale. I can’t see them failing to bring in one of the two. If Bayern only signs Perisic, who might not even be any better than Davies, it’s going to look really bad for their ambition for this season. They’ll get by at the position, especially considering Mueller can also be used on the wing, but they’ve missed on every winger signing this summer.

Coutinho and Bale signings/loans might not work, but they show some ambition that they’d be willing to bring in players on big wages that could be their best winger, if they find their form from a few seasons prior.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Robben was one of the best players I've personally seen, has to go down as one of the best dribblers of all-time he was that good. However, his legacy is tarnished due to his diving same with Drogba.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • According to the two most trustworthy sources here; De Telegraaf and VI, PSV will sell Lozano to Napoli within the next 24 hours. Rumored fee around 40M. Good riddance.
  • PSV will use some of that money to pry Calvin Stengs away from AZ. I think Stengs is too expensive for them. AZ will likely want 25M. PSV would be wiser to spend that money to improve CB and MF.
  • Sevilla made 3 official bids on Steven Bergwijn, but none came close to the 45M they want. Sevilla now backed out of talks. PSV in fact now close in extending and upgrading Bergwijn's contract.
  • Daniel Schwaab returns to PSV. Not a fan of that move. Slow, limited, stay at home defenseman, to speak in hockeyterms. Experience plenty, though.
  • Ajax being linked to Baba Rahman (Chelsea) according to AS. Not buying that at all. Ajax is stacked with Tagliafico, Martinez and Dest at that position.
  • There's talks Puig (Barcelona) might be loaned out this year. Lots of Barca fans would like him at Ajax then. I don't think Ajax should want loanies, but I would't mind him on a buy-back-option. I think this is all highly unlikely, though. Blind, van de Beek and Puig would be a lovely midfield.
  • Edgar Miguel Ié (Trabzonspor) was spotted in Rotterdam yesterday. He'll likely join Feyenoord on a loan.
  • Abdenasser El Khayati (ADO Den Haag), who was one of Eredivisie's best midfielders these past two seasons, had different abroad options to chose from this summer. He'll go to Qatar, which is a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Neymar to Barca is heating up, him leaving PSG was inevitable, made a quick buck but that's that. Wish Madrid would hijack the deal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Transfer is rumored to be Coutinho +Rakatic+100 million.
Since Barca don't care about money that's a pretty good move for them. Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez, Messi is absolutely insane. I'm pretty sure no team has ever had a better front 4 (on paper).

Suarez
Neymar - Messi - Griezmann
Busquets - de Jong​

Imagine.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Since Barca don't care about money that's a pretty good move for them. Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez, Messi is absolutely insane. I'm pretty sure no team has ever had a better front 4 (on paper).

Suarez
Neymar - Messi - Griezmann
Busquets - de Jong​

Imagine.
I would try to switch Rakitic for Dembele. I just feel like there really won’t be a place for him whereas it seems like Barca’s midfield is getting really thin.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would try to switch Rakitic for Dembele. I just feel like there really won’t be a place for him whereas it seems like Barca’s midfield is getting really thin.
No thank you.

Also read spurs would try for dybala again in January.sarri said he might not even register Dybala for the champions league. By January if his environment doesn’t get better dybala would be swimming anywhere to get out of juve.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If they're going to go with the 4 up top their midfield isn't that thin. Busquets, Arthur, de Jong, Puig, Vidal, Roberto etc. for 2 spots is decent. The depth in terms of quality isn't incredible but usually beyond your pegged on starters the depth isn't typically world class unless you're City.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Klopp seems to be taking the 'youth can cover' approach as he 'really believes' in the talent they have in the Academy or young players they've bought. van Dijk, Gomez, Matip supported by van den Berg and Hoever I guess. I think it's really gambling on health this season because even if those guys are great talents there's no way they're ready for anything substantial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad