Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Since Barca don't care about money that's a pretty good move for them. Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez, Messi is absolutely insane. I'm pretty sure no team has ever had a better front 4 (on paper).

Suarez
Neymar - Messi - Griezmann
Busquets - de Jong​

Imagine.

Too much overkill and I fear we will start winning games 6-3 instead of 4-0, not sure that will work in latter stages of CL

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Klopp seems to be taking the 'youth can cover' approach as he 'really believes' in the talent they have in the Academy or young players they've bought. van Dijk, Gomez, Matip supported by van den Berg and Hoever I guess. I think it's really gambling on health this season because even if those guys are great talents there's no way they're ready for anything substantial.

Aren't they both 17 years old?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I read it wrong thought he said best dribbler of all time. I agree with what he said
I would say he belongs in the top 3 of all-time, which is something you might not agree with.

Since Barca don't care about money that's a pretty good move for them. Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez, Messi is absolutely insane. I'm pretty sure no team has ever had a better front 4 (on paper).

Suarez
Neymar - Messi - Griezmann
Busquets - de Jong​

Imagine.
Not that impressive simply because age is starting to creep on some of those players like Suarez and Busquets. Additionally, I see too many egos in that line up who can potentially butt-heads multiple times for our enjoyment.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would say he belongs in the top 3 of all-time, which is something you might not agree with.

Not that impressive simply because age is starting to creep on some of those players like Suarez and Busquets. Additionally, I see too many egos in that line up who can potentially butt-heads multiple times for our enjoyment.
Too many egos? Such as Suarez and Neymar who played together and proved they can win? Lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Too many egos? Such as Suarez and Neymar who played together and proved they can win? Lol
- Suarez: nothing needs to be explained here.
- Neymar: nothing needs to be explained here.
- Greizmann: nothing needs to be explained here.

You lot just have the talent to cover up the cracks in the lockerroom.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Neymar and Griezmann maybe...but Suarez? His teammates love him.

Also really...'not that impressive'? Geez.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

JamesFranco.gif
how-dare-you-james-franco-gif-7829182

G0Ti.gif

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Come to think of it, didn't Brazil once had a period they played with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka? Might have been Adriano instead of Rivaldo, but it sure was impressive.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Suarez already on the team for many years been a model teammate. Neymar see Suarez. Greiz is a basket case but ego? That’s a far reach.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Suarez already on the team for many years been a model teammate. Neymar see Suarez. Greiz is a basket case but ego? That’s a far reach.

I don't think it's far fetched to say that Griez has a pretty big ego. But chances are he will be able to keep it in check around his teammates.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Robben was one of the best players I've personally seen, has to go down as one of the best dribblers of all-time he was that good.

I wouldn't describe him as a 'dribbler' in the classical sense. But few players have ever boasted such a devastating change of direction, particularly at speed - and so often his initial movement seemed almost lateral rather than forwards.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think his big ego comes out/causes issues on the pitch. Off the pitch he does seem to think of himself pretty highly though.
If it’s not effecting anything on the pitch why would be an issue when he’s in Barca? I have raved about Greiz for years then trashed him. Any big incident he’s had is well documented but on the pitch he’s fine

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If it’s not effecting anything on the pitch why would be an issue when he’s in Barca? I have raved about Greiz for years then trashed him. Any big incident he’s had is well documented but on the pitch he’s fine

I never said it was going to be an issue on the field. But it's clear the dude has a big ego, but every elite athlete does in some way or the other so it's not a big deal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don´t think Suarez is especially good these days. Not sold on Griezmann´s consistency either.

Not even close to being the best front 4 at Barcelona during Messi´s time there in my opinion - other than Barcelona not really having played with 4 forwards/AMs before. In that sense it is probably their best front 4.

Still - that says more about what they have had in the past than the "weakness" of that front 4. Clearly a special group of players.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m glad Lovren will be sold so that our youth can play a little more. van den Berg had already played a lot last season, I think he can handle a few games.

The fans -

“Give the youth more minutes”

“BUT DONT SELL THE #4 CB WHO BARELY PLAYS”

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I never said it was going to be an issue on the field. But it's clear the dude has a big ego, but every elite athlete does in some way or the other so it's not a big deal.
If it’s not an issue on the field who cares then? Read what the op said. Too many egos in the lineup for it to work. The other stuff is irrelevant for us

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't describe him as a 'dribbler' in the classical sense. But few players have ever boasted such a devastating change of direction, particularly at speed - and so often his initial movement seemed almost lateral rather than forwards.
I feel like this is the bread and butter of most of the most effective dribblers in history though. I think dribbling is often confused for trickery or fancy footwork ala Ronaldinho, Neymar, young R7 etc. but it often seems like the most effective/best dribblers are just players that can change direction very quickly and keep the ball close or burst into the space they create.

I’m glad Lovren will be sold so that our youth can play a little more. van den Berg had already played a lot last season, I think he can handle a few games.

The fans -

“Give the youth more minutes”

“BUT DONT SELL THE #4 CB WHO BARELY PLAYS”

Who's saying that?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If it’s not an issue on the field who cares then? Read what the op said. Too many egos in the lineup for it to work. The other stuff is irrelevant for us

I'm not saying what SEPH is, in that it won't work because of the egos. I'm just saying that it's not outrageous to say that Griez has an ego if you see how he acts off the field. Clearly he's a world class player and can put his ego aside when it matters.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think selling Lovren also relates to the respect Klopp has for players. He could keep him on the bench and in the stands for the whole season. But he knows he rather play and respects that.

The club also know that getting a fee for him is a plus.

Reactions: YNWA14

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What is the depth at D then? Matip and two 17 year olds you can´t even buy on Fantasy?

Milner - van den Berg - Gomez - Fabinho

Looks good to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad