Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Makes sense for Bayern. Fits a need and continues their past transfer strategy of weakening their opponents in the Bundesliga to improve their own team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not really sure why Sarri wants Lukaku.

Sarri likes to play a false no. 9 so..... o_O

I actually think he will do very well at Juventus. Yes. It is easy to ridicule him when he has those moments tumbling over a ball being overweight etc., but fit and with confidence he is, even with his clear shortcomings, very good.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I actually think he will do very well at Juventus. Yes. It is easy to ridicule him when he has those moments tumbling over a ball being overweight etc., but fit and with confidence he is, even with his clear shortcomings, very good.

He’s a good goal scorer but can’t be relied on creating his own chances on a consistent basis. Playing on a team like Juve should help with that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He’s a good goal scorer but can’t be relied on creating his own chances on a consistent basis. Playing on a team like Juve should help with that.
Juve don't really have anyone besides Pjanic that can unlock defenses imo. They will struggle for goals in UCL.

It'll work vs the Serie A farmer teams though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sarri likes to use a false 9 (sometimes) which is why Dybala will stay, and Sarri will use him. Sarri is a good manager and he knows that Dybala is talented; there's no way he wants to go through with a Lukaku/Dybala swap. This is just posturing.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Juve don't really have anyone besides Pjanic that can unlock defenses imo. They will struggle for goals in UCL.

It'll work vs the Serie A farmer teams though.

Rabiot and Ramsey should improve them in that department.

Lukaku will get good support - if it works with Ronaldo. Not sure how it would work with Ronaldo though. Lukaku is hardly Benzema.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yeah, he'll produce there, just a weird style fit for Sarri.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sarri likes to use a false 9 (sometimes) which is why Dybala will stay, and Sarri will use him. Sarri is a good manager and he knows that Dybala is talented; there's no way he wants to go through with a Lukaku/Dybala swap. This is just posturing.
He probably views Lukaku as a prime Higuain.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Rabiot and Ramsey should improve them in that department.

Lukaku will get good support - if it works with Ronaldo. Not sure how it would work with Ronaldo though. Lukaku is hardly Benzema.
Ramsey can't unlock defenses either. His best quality is that he can make amazing runs to the box.

I don't think Rabiot is that type of player either.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ramsey can't unlock defenses either. His best quality is that he can make amazing runs to the box.

I don't think Rabiot is that type of player either.

I think you are underestimating both. Ramsey is key for Wales unlocking teams. Rabiot is also more than capable. They are not Pirlo, but it is not like all other top teams got a bunch of players unlocking teams left and right. Liverpool did just fine last year and they haven´t got a bunch of midfield players running around playing Pirlo-style passes for 90 minst

I would be more worried about how to fit Ronaldo and Lukaku into a Sarri-style 4-3-3. I honestly don´t see how that could work. A 22 year old Ronaldo sure, but not the old Ronaldo.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That would be weird given they are not alike at all.
I mean, they are both more of off-ball #9's, Lukaku is more physical though. It's weird, Sarri sometimes prefers the Mertens/Hazard type up top, and other times prefers the Higuain types, but it did seem like Hazard was more so forced into the position instead of it being his ideal situation.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Was United paying a fee really a sticking point? Seems that Dybala wanting the move is the only real issue and a lower fee ain’t gonna make him want it any more.

I guess it could let United offer a higher salary for the same fiscal impact, but that doesn’t seem significant.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can never understand how anyone can be such a fanboy of a single player in a teamsport... You should watch golf or tennis instead.

Don't insult golf like that. It's the best sport in the world, and those who criticize it usually are those who don't know the first thing about the sport.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ruhr Nachrichten is also reporting that Philipp might be on his way to Dynamo Moscow. This has been previously reported, but his agent denied it. I think it seems more likely than not though with Ruhr Nachrichten reporting it as nearly done. They haven't broken as many Dortmund stories recently, but their false info percentage is very low.

Pedrinho, a Brazilian winger playing for Corinthians, is once again rumored to be signing with Dortmund. This guy is linked with Dortmund so often that I can't imagine its completely false. The rumored fee is in the region of 40-50M, which would be a club record, but if a transfer goes through, I suspect its for the winter window and he'll be eased in for a few months before Sancho is sold next summer.

Also being linked today with Dortmund, as well as Bayern and Leipzig, was Nubel. He's not going to be sold to Dortmund, so thats only going to happen if its a free transfer. I don't see why he would go to Bayern. Neuer's not going to be dropped in the next few years. Neuer's too much of a legend to sit on the bench, even if he should. I think Nubel to Leipzig would be a good move. Gulacsi is a good keeper, but if you want to compete for the Bundesliga title, you have to bring in the highest caliber of players.

Bailey to Bayern is not a good move for Bayern. They were always going to sign someone. They couldn't get any of their top targets. Bailey had a really bad season a year ago, and might not be good enough for Bayern, if he continues that level of play. He's not going to start over Coman and Gnabry, so he's being brought in as a #3. Their winger depth is certainly weaker than Dortmund's right now. Leverkusen can afford this as they signed Diaby and they also are trying to bring Paulinho through.

I'm sure nobody will care, but Andre Schürle is on his way to Spartak (on loan). He's only 28 yo and has fallen apart after 2014. Never liked his play.

I'm thrilled with this transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad