Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Why assume cheap? Because that is Levy’s MO. His whole time as Chairman has been him being cheap and preferring to keep money in his pocket rather than have a little ambition to try and win.

He’s a rich mans Mike Ashley willing to do just enough to make himself rich off the team without actually caring about winning. We are lucky he realizes that being in contention for top 4 makes him more money than just surviving but if that changes Levy likely flips the switch and starts going to the bottom to line his pockets.

I don’t know what any of that really means. “He is a rich mans Mike Ashley”. Talk about being delusional. Read the annual report. NO MONEY is taken out of the club by the owners. So him being “cheap” you mean by not spending his own money on the team? If so fine, but I prefer owners that only spend the money the club generates.

Twitter is a better place for completely uniformed statements like this.

Reactions: Creed Bratton

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If it's true that Leicester are bargaining themselves out of selling Maguire for a massive fee I think that's a really dumb move. Cashing in on Maguire would be great for them; surely they could get someone in for relatively cheap to be his replacement that is just as good with more potential.
I think it was said earlier that they wanted to sign Lewis Dunk if they sell Maguire.

At this late in the window, I'm not sure if it'll happen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If the story is to be believed (and it's the sun, so that's a pretty sketchy premise, but we'll go with it for the sake of the argument), his ask is 350k/week with no clause to be lowered in the Europa.

If I'm United, I'd accept that in a heartbeat. *maybe* you try to negotiate for 300k/week in Europa, but ultimately you're getting the much better player in the swap so you should be fine with eating a bit more in wages.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'm sure nobody will care, but Andre Schürle is on his way to Spartak (on loan). He's only 28 yo and has fallen apart after 2014. Never liked his play.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If the story is to be believed (and it's the sun, so that's a pretty sketchy premise, but we'll go with it for the sake of the argument), his ask is 350k/week with no clause to be lowered in the Europa.

If I'm United, I'd accept that in a heartbeat. *maybe* you try to negotiate for 300k/week in Europa, but ultimately you're getting the much better player in the swap so you should be fine with eating a bit more in wages.

The rumors yesterday were that his agent was asking more than Lukaku was making but less than Pogba's making.

Metro was also running the same story about Dybala asking too much so that lowers it's credibility even more.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hoever is an outstanding defensive prospect. Hoping he and van den Berg can make Liverpool's first team someday.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The rumors yesterday were that his agent was asking more than Lukaku was making but less than Pogba's making.

Metro was also running the same story about Dybala asking too much so that lowers it's credibility even more.

Yea if he wants less than Pogba they should sign that without hesitation.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I saw on reddit he was asking for 10mil a year net, which is like ~192k a week. Seems a little low to me but if that’s true that would be an easy agreement.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don’t know what any of that really means. “He is a rich mans Mike Ashley”. Talk about being delusional. Read the annual report. NO MONEY is taken out of the club by the owners. So him being “cheap” you mean by not spending his own money on the team? If so fine, but I prefer owners that only spend the money the club generates.

Twitter is a better place for completely uniformed statements like this.

That is if you believe the annual report which there is no reason to especially when it comes to a guy like Levy.

And plenty of owners that want success are willing to spend their own money, but we have already seen Levy doesn’t care about success.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently United are looking to get Dybala+Mandzukic for Lukaku+Darmian.

Latest from Di Marzio:

'The dialogues between the agent of Paulo Dybala and Manchester United continue, in search of a definitive agreement that would then give the decisive impulse to the exchange with Romelu Lukaku. The Joya representative is still in England, while the Argentine has just started for Italy, where from tomorrow he will start training with Juventus again. Looking forward to reaching an agreement with the club that wants it.'

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This is going to fall apart. Reading between the lines, a lot of these reporters are repeating lines every day this week. "Today Dybala meets with Sarri to discuss his place in the team" has been the latest since Monday.

This has the strong-arm Inter feel to it.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Hoever is an outstanding defensive prospect. Hoping he and van den Berg can make Liverpool's first team someday.
Maybe I'm looking too much into it but I could have sworn van den Berg was wearing #16 at Yankee Stadium. That's a reasonably low shirt number. Unless it was #76 and my vision is worse than I thought.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Making zero signings for a season, constantly cheaping out on signing guys, alienating a great world class manager by being cheap with transfers, refusing to have any ambition at all.

Where did you expect the money for the stadium to come from?

His thriftness could just as well be seen as an asset.

Poch is alienated? Hardly.

I hardly always agree with his decisions, but you are completely misinformed. Our owners are absolutely not putting the clubs money in their pockets.

That is if you believe the annual report which there is no reason to especially when it comes to a guy like Levy.

And plenty of owners that want success are willing to spend their own money, but we have already seen Levy doesn’t care about success.

I agree with Havre. You would fit right in the cesspool known as football twitter.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Maybe I'm looking too much into it but I could have sworn van den Berg was wearing #16 at Yankee Stadium. That's a reasonably low shirt number. Unless it was #76 and my vision is worse than I thought.
Don't know how to tell you this, but according to google's match report, he wore 72

Reactions: kyle evs48
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad