GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The Bruins winning the cup should be the final slap in our face. Our punks got punked and one of our arch rivals is going to win our freaking cup.

But we'll get some super weak response like...it was just their year.

Reactions: ultra63

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So EK finally scored. Twice even. Handpass though...

Should the league look into reworking their reviewable/non-reviewable distinctions in the rule book?

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I really didn't have a preference in the Sharks/Blues match up as both hadn't won a Cup. And there were missed calls on both teams the entire game. But damn it, the GWG in OT was NOT a good goal due to a blatant hand pass. Some Sharks fans justify it due to a missed call earlier that led to a Blues goal, but they had a chance to recover. And did. A missed call leading to the GWG in sudden death OT, is NOT the same thing, imho.

Go Blues!

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
So EK finally scored. Twice even. Handpass though...

Should the league look into reworking their reviewable/non-reviewable distinctions in the rule book?
I think any violation that would normally result in a stoppage of play, including a hand pass, should be fair game for review in the event of a goal. Definitely. It's kind of a no-brainer if you ask me because a hand pass is as much of a violation of the rules as being offsides or impeding a Goalie's ability to make a play on the puck.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Really hoping SJ doesn't make it with all the shit that has gone their way. The most ridiculous 5 minute major gifted them the first series. Then against the Avs the ridiculous offside rule saved their asses and now this shit.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Finally saw the clip and for it being so "blatant" I'm not really feeling it. I can see the refs thinking it went off his stick as he did swat at it and it bounced at the same time. Yes it should not have counted by the rules but it's far from the most egregious thing ever given it obviously wasn't intentional. People being too salty, imo. Please don't turn into the NFL with lengthy reviews for every goal just because of freak incidents like this.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Really hoping SJ doesn't make it with all the **** that has gone their way. The most ridiculous 5 minute major gifted them the first series. Then against the Avs the ridiculous offside rule saved their asses and now this ****.
Yeah but I feel they have the better chance to beat Boston so.....

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Yeah but I feel they have the better chance to beat Boston so.....

I agree with you on this. Both would be underdogs against the Bruins, but if it's 60/40 for the Bruins against the Blues, it's more like 55/45 against the Sharks. I can see San Jose winning that series. Blues are a little bit more lacking in the high-end skill department, though Berube and his staff have done a wonderful job with what they have to work with.

For the sake of my own sanity, whoever wins the WCF I'll pick to win the Cup just because I can't actually pick the Bruins.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So the Isles sweep the Pens to advance and play the Hurricanes. They get swept by the Canes though who advance to play the Bruins. The Canes then get swept by the Bruins. #sweepception

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So the Isles sweep the Pens to advance and play the Hurricanes. They get swept by the Canes though who advance to play the Bruins. The Canes then get swept by the Bruins. #sweepception

I think the NHL would have a meeting over this postseason if the Bruins got swept next round. Too weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: