GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
They have one cup win since 1972.. (sure, maybe two if they win now), not sure if that qualifies as championship blood..
I’m referring to their core that has one cup and are pushing for a 2nd compared to the Lightning core

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The most interesting team left is Blues, they were crazy hot at the end of the season and now playing with the heavy western favorite.

well. at least one participant of the final was expected. :(

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Gotta say I'm loving the tears from Boston over that non call.

Blues will still blow it somehow.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Honestly f*** Boston but this further reinforces my belief that this game is just completely random and putting any emotional weight into it is asinine.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Honestly **** Boston but this further reinforces my belief that this game is just completely random and putting any emotional weight into it is asinine.
Yeah it just makes me think we were still truly the best team in the league and that this is a bunch of meaningless bullshit. Sucks, the Cup is losing some of its value to me.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I want Blues to win but still hate to see games decided by awful calls (or non calls) like that. Even if it is the Bruins.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah it just makes me think we were still truly the best team in the league and that this is a bunch of meaningless bull****. Sucks, the Cup is losing some of its value to me.
I get where you're coming from but it doesn't really apply to our series. We got swept because our team was dominated and didn't earn the calls, not because hockey is random. As I've previously said, if the series is repeated with the same levels of effort and execution from both teams, we lose 9 times out of 10.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I get where you're coming from but it doesn't really apply to our series. We got swept because our team was dominated and didn't earn the calls, not because hockey is random. As I've previously said, if the series is repeated with the same levels of effort and execution from both teams, we lose 9 times out of 10.

I did think the refs sucked in our series too but we sucked more. I give Columbus credit because they stayed out of the box and stayed structured to their game plan. I just think we were so much more capable than what we showed. Even though its kind of pointless to say, we give a better effort and maybe coach a little bit better then we definitely dont get swept. At the very least. Just such a disappointing way to end a season that was really a blast.

Last edited:

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
The officials and non-calls. They've become the focus of the NHL playoffs and it's really a joke. Again, the Bolts were easily the most skilled team in the league and we somehow only had 6 power plays in 4 games. I don't know how they do it but the league must somehow make these officials call games the exact same way in the playoffs as they do in the regular season. The difference is so great that it truly has become a different game during the postseason when it should not be.

Or, call the regular season the same way as you do the playoffs (which I prefer) and allow teams to get used to it. Just be consistent.

Reactions: J T Money

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The officials and non-calls. They've become the focus of the NHL playoffs and it's really a joke. Again, the Bolts were easily the most skilled team in the league and we somehow only had 6 power plays in 4 games. I don't know how they do it but the league must somehow make these officials call games the exact same way in the playoffs as they do in the regular season. The difference is so great that it truly has become a different game during the postseason when it should not be.

Or, call the regular season the same way as you do the playoffs (which I prefer) and allow teams to get used to it. Just be consistent.

I saw the non call from last night. I saw worse non calls in our own series. Only reason why that was so bad is because they scored right after it happened. It was funny because Columbus was getting called for the same things they did to us in the Boston series that were non calls.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I did think the refs sucked in our series too but we sucked more. I give Columbus credit because they stayed out of the box and stayed structured to their game plan. I just think we were so much more capable than what we showed. Even though its kind of pointless to say, we give a better effort and maybe coach a little bit better then we definitely dont get swept. At the very least. Just such a disappointing way to end a season that was really a blast.

We get some powerplays and it's an entirely different series IMO. A few timely goals and a win and suddenly the team is playing with confidence and has adapted to playoff hockey.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Food for thought, what if since everybody has been complaining about the refs this playoffs they decide to call the playoffs a little more like how they do in the regular season next playoffs. We make changes to complement the game we are seeing this playoffs to be better next playoffs would back fire. Just seems like something that could happen. Maybe we dont want to make too many changes. I mean a team that won 62 games in the regular season was swept because they couldnt beat the trap that is pretty much illegal in the regular season. You guys dont think they will have a talk about this in the offseason?

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Food for thought, what if since everybody has been complaining about the refs this playoffs they decide to call the playoffs a little more like how they do in the regular season next playoffs. We make changes to complement the game we are seeing this playoffs to be better next playoffs would back fire. Just seems like something that could happen. Maybe we dont want to make too many changes. I mean a team that won 62 games in the regular season was swept because they couldnt beat the trap that is pretty much illegal in the regular season. You guys dont think they will have a talk about this in the offseason?
I've never felt like we should blow up this team. I do think we need to shore up our defense in front of Vasy quite a bit but, on the whole, I've never felt like a dismantling of a team that was historically good in the regular season was in order. I've felt all along that our failings in the playoffs were a direct result of poor defense in front of Vasy, Vasy not bailing them out like he'd done on a regular basis (in fact, I actually feel Vasy let us down the most out of everyone), and refs not calling the game like they've done all year. Our not winning a single playoff game was a fluke and I am still confident in this group... even if no changes were made. Winning 62 games, regular season or not, was not an accident.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I've never felt like we should blow up this team. I do think we need to shore up our defense in front of Vasy quite a bit but, on the whole, I've never felt like a dismantling of a team that was historically good in the regular season was in order. I've felt all along that our failings in the playoffs were a direct result of poor defense in front of Vasy, Vasy not bailing them out like he'd done on a regular basis (in fact, I actually feel Vasy let us down the most out of everyone), and refs not calling the game like they've done all year. Our not winning a single playoff game was a fluke and I am still confident in this group... even if no changes were made. Winning 62 games, regular season or not, was not an accident.

Agree. Especially about Vasi. Hurts to see how he played for us in the playoffs and then in the worlds hes back to form. I think that was also a fluke for him. Sometimes teams/players go on bad streaks of hockey and I'm not convinced that wasn't what happened to some of our guys in the first round. No excuse because its the playoffs but that definitely happens. They dont say the team that gets hot at the right time usually wins it for no reason. Especially when the talent is a lot closer among the league than people realize.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We get some powerplays and it's an entirely different series IMO. A few timely goals and a win and suddenly the team is playing with confidence and has adapted to playoff hockey.
Our power play kinda sucked as well in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hoek

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Our power play kinda sucked as well in the playoffs.

I dont know. Yea they werent good but neither was our PK. Both were really good during the regular season. Again so weird to see a team just not be good at it all the sudden. Also felt like we didnt really get enough opportunities on the PP. Felt like we got them when the games were either already out of reach or yea when we did have them at opportune times we didnt capitalize. They failed at what they do have control over yes but it still should be noted what we had to work with.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I dont know. Yea they werent good but neither was our PK. Both were really good during the regular season. Again so weird to see a team just not be good at it all the sudden. Also felt like we didnt really get enough opportunities on the PP. Felt like we got them when the games were either already out of reach or yea when we did have them at opportune times we didnt capitalize. They failed at what they do have control over yes but it still should be noted what we had to work with.
Yeah, it wasn't just that we couldn't beat the trap. Our play just fell apart in the playoffs. Every aspect of it. PP and PK, offense and defense, goaltending, they all sucked. The only players that get a pass from those four games are probably Cirelli and Cernak.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad