GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah it just makes me think we were still truly the best team in the league and that this is a bunch of meaningless bull****. Sucks, the Cup is losing some of its value to me.
The Cup is like a coin toss. Completely random. This years playoffs is showing this more than ever.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Why is everyone talking as if Boston is done, lol. It's 3-2.

I don't think they're necessarily done, but throughout this entire series they have been unable to score at 5 on 5. Their top line, supposedly one of the top lines in the NHL, has been thoroughly shut down so far along with their other top players.

The Bruins have only been deadly on the PP but even that hasn't gone that well over the last couple of games.

Now they're traveling back to St. Louis where fanbase and team will be fired up to win with the Cup itself in the building and to make history.

Sure, the Bruins can NEVER be counted out as they tend to play well in elimination games when their backs are against the wall. But in a possible Cup-clinching game, it's a good bet that the whistles will probably be put away (even more so than previously) which favors the Blues since they've been so much better at 5 on 5 hockey than the Bruins this entire series.

IMHO, of course. :DD

Reactions: Hoek

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Don't care who wins now - won my money bracket against 173 others. Only 1 person could tie me if Boston won in 6 (which isn't going to happen now).

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
WTF that's insane.

I nailed every round (including number of games) for the western conference and had all of the eastern conference nailed as well...with exception to the Lightning going all the way.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Part of me hopes the Blues lose now since the newspaper ordeal...but man it would suck to have Boston win (family are for hard Boston fans).

I'd have to deal with them winning on top of the Lightning sucking it up this year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Part of me hopes the Blues lose now since the newspaper ordeal...but man it would suck to have Boston win (family are for hard Boston fans).

I'd have to deal with them winning on top of the Lightning sucking it up this year.

The guy(idiot) who published the newspaper should be fired, but I bet both sides have something ready to go even before last nights game.

Reactions: J T Money

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wait why are people so pissed about that headline? I thought it was fun.

Edit: oops just noticed it was another thing

Reminds me of how the Tampa Tribune published a column saying how proud we were of the Lightning even though they "lost" in the final in 2004. At least it was the opposite way and not a jinx lol.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Wait why are people so pissed about that headline? I thought it was fun.

Edit: oops just noticed it was another thing

Reminds me of how the Tampa Tribune published a column saying how proud we were of the Lightning even though they "lost" in the final in 2004. At least it was the opposite way and not a jinx lol.

Didnt know that happened. Now I think next year before the playoffs the trib needs to write an article about how we are proud of our team even though all of our scoring went dry and lost. All we needed this whole time was some reverse jinx work by the trib. :ha:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The Cup is like a coin toss. Completely random. This years playoffs is showing this more than ever.

This year seems like a one off year but like someone pointed out...St Louis was one of the hottest teams since Jan 1st and Boston had that ridiculous streak. What was jacked was all 4 division winners losing in the first round. We are all mad because we choked. That historic season is worthless. What bothers me is our team has adopted that stupid gum smacking idiot's demeanor. Instead of seeing angry pissed off players...we get some stupid unlucky crap..it's just not our year. Awful. Disgusting. They have peaked with Cooper. JBB isn't instilling much confidence either.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Didnt know that happened. Now I think next year before the playoffs the trib needs to write an article about how we are proud of our team even though all of our scoring went dry and lost. All we needed this whole time was some reverse jinx work by the trib. :ha:
Well it happened the day after we won so it wasn't a reverse jinx either. It was weird because the front page and a ton of articles was about us winning and then I read the editorial section and was like wtf??

A championship gaffe in media history

Tampa Tribune Struck By Lightning

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->