GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
On one hand it would be great to see a team like the Canes win the Cup. On the other hand it would be ****ing depressing to see a team just come in and get it done on their first try, while we've had a roster capable of doing it for 5 years now and haven't been able to win it all.
The Canes being in the final four is really kinda silly. If they win it, I believe it’s a black eye for the NHL.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
The Canes being in the final four is really kinda silly. If they win it, I believe it’s a black eye for the NHL.

I am curious why you think it's silly? The Canes have the third best record of all teams behind you guys and the Blues since Jan 1st. The Canes also beat the defending champions. Is it because Aho is our only real star? Or because we focus on defense?

You have every right to your opinion and I won't try to change it because it wouldn't work. Just curious.

Your team is amazing and they will be dangerous for years to come.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I am curious why you think it's silly? The Canes have the third best record of all teams behind you guys and the Blues since Jan 1st. The Canes also beat the defending champions. Is it because Aho is our only real star? Or because we focus on defense?

You have every right to your opinion and I won't try to change it because it wouldn't work. Just curious.

Some of us are just in disbelief that this historically good regular season team sucked in the playoffs while teams that were supposed to be done in the first round are making long runs. :dunno:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Some of us are just in disbelief that this historically good regular season team sucked in the playoffs while teams that were supposed to be done in the first round are making long runs. :dunno:

Ah I understand. Thank you.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Fun fact: if Canes or Sharks win the Cup, we'll have won the same amount of games as them this season (regular season + playoffs). If Blues, Stars or Avs win it we'll have more wins than them.

Hell, if the Avs win the Cup we will have won 8 more games than them while getting swept in the first f***ing round.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016

My comments aren’t really meant to be directed at Carolina, more a general comment about how meaningless the NHL regular season has become. Just get in and draw names out of a hat.

Why watch?

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Fun fact: if Canes or Sharks win the Cup, we'll have won the same amount of games as them this season (regular season + playoffs). If Blues, Stars or Avs win it we'll have more wins than them.

Hell, if the Avs win the Cup we will have won 8 more games than them while getting swept in the first ****ing round.
Yet still losers

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Another reason to be pissed at our lovable losers. They left Boston a wide open path. We woulda beat them if Cooper had the troops ready. Instead, we are gonna see the Bruins lift a cup. We suck so bad. Those guys should be ashamed.

Reactions: berlin

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Another reason to be pissed at our lovable losers. They left Boston a wide open path. We woulda beat them if Cooper had the troops ready. Instead, we are gonna see the Bruins lift a cup. We suck so bad. Those guys should be ashamed.

Opportunity missed for sure. Feels like we have had a lot of that. Felt like we should have won the Cup in 15 but injuries did us in. 2017 felt like a year we could have beaten Pittsburgh had we gotten into the playoffs. Felt like an opportunity missed. Last two ECF we have the opportunity to move on to the finals. Nope. This year was definitely a much easier path had we gotten by Columbus. Not our time. Tough being a Lightning fan in this aspect. I would take it this way over being a perennial lottery team. At least the years havent been boring.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Opportunity missed for sure. Feels like we have had a lot of that. Felt like we should have won the Cup in 15 but injuries did us in. 2017 felt like a year we could have beaten Pittsburgh had we gotten into the playoffs. Felt like an opportunity missed. Last two ECF we have the opportunity to move on to the finals. Nope. This year was definitely a much easier path had we gotten by Columbus. Not our time. Tough being a Lightning fan in this aspect. I would take it this way over being a perennial lottery team. At least the years havent been boring.

I do not subscribe to the "not our time" BS. Opportunities are made. No such thing as luck. You make your own luck. It was complete organizational failure that starts with Cooper. His last three years in the playoffs are a HUGE indictment. No way should he have the reigns here. Terrible front office by JBB.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I do not subscribe to the "not our time" BS. Opportunities are made. No such thing as luck. You make your own luck. It was complete organizational failure that starts with Cooper. His last three years in the playoffs are a HUGE indictment. No way should he have the reigns here. Terrible front office by JBB.

Yes and no. Ive watched enough hockey to know that luck and momentum are a part of the game. Not the biggest reason why a team wins/loses but it plays a part.

Reactions: Hoek and berlin

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yes and no. Ive watched enough hockey to know that luck and momentum are a part of the game. Not the biggest reason why a team wins/loses but it plays a part.
Luck plays a huge factor in hockey. Arguing otherwise is nonsense. If you lose in 7 games, with a bit more luck you would've won.

The thing is, we lost in 4 games. If we had been luckier, maybe we would've lost in 5 instead. We were not unlucky this year. We sucked.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Luck plays a huge factor in hockey. Arguing otherwise is nonsense. If you lose in 7 games, with a bit more luck you would've won.

The thing is, we lost in 4 games. If we had been luckier, maybe we would've lost in 5 instead. We were not unlucky this year. We sucked.

Agree and to be clear me saying "it wasnt our time" isnt me saying oh shucks we werent lucky enough guess it wasnt our time. Just saying it wasnt our time to win. In that we just didnt win it.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Really hating the Maple Leafs right now for letting the Bruins wiggle off the hook. The city of Boston is going to win its third championship since October and cement this postseason as being the worst in my life.

Believe me, I'm rooting like hell for your boys against the Bruins, and don't f***ing let me down, but I'm also going to be saltier than the Dead Sea if we've made the ECF four times, the SCF once, with two other playoff trips, since your last playoff appearance at all, and you end up winning the whole damn thing on your first try.

At this point, San Jose or St. Louis are who I would like to see win it the most, and even that's not my favorite sentence to type. I don't like the Cardinals and I generally don't care much for St. Louis, but under the circumstances, I could live with that one. Either of them feel long overdue. As much as I'll always appreciate Ben Bishop, the Stars are the weakest team in the field and, kinda in line with @Lightning1995's point, it would just be silly for them to be the team who wins it all. This isn't quite like the 2016-'17 Predators who were about as dangerous a #8 seed as I can ever remember in the NHL; there's really nothing special about that Stars team. Their depth at forward tails off very fast and their best defenseman is a teenager. A bloody excellent teenager, sure, but, c'mon. That's not a Cup winning recipe in a normal year.

On one hand it would be great to see a team like the Canes win the Cup. On the other hand it would be ****ing depressing to see a team just come in and get it done on their first try, while we've had a roster capable of doing it for 5 years now and haven't been able to win it all.

Didn't even read this post before I wrote mine. Total agreement here.

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
If the Bruins win it all i’m staying away from all media platforms as well as t.v. pretending it never even happened. Guess i’ll be reading a lot of books, gross.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3