GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If people say we choked against the Caps in the ECF, you could make a strong case that the Capitals did the same against the Canes.
No kidding.

We have officially reached the point of lunacy this year with these upsets. We f***ed up BIG this year but at this point it might as well be added to a long list of upsets and choke jobs.

I really hope we make changes so this never happens to us again

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Btw, in retrospect, great job wasting a great opportunity by our boys here, because the Capitals were the one team that I would've favored to beat us, straight up, and it turns out that neither the Caps nor the Penguins were going to be there in the ECF.

So that's a comforting thought.

Btw, in response to that little discussion above - the Capitals won the Cup last year. That softens the blow of this series, if just a little bit. Just a reminder that this group of players hasn't won anything so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison here.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Made a poll with and you can vote for two just in case you got trouble choosing.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
vTONtvC.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
My playoff bracket has one survivor.

St. Louis. So them.

Out of the east I hope it's Columbus.

I am running a Playoff bracket at work similar to the NHL one and the highest number of picks from the first round was 4. out of 49 entries only 2 have potential winners. One SJ one Boston. Of course living in Calgary over 90% picked the Flames so that was a big factor.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Vegas probably advances if Pavelski doesn't get cut while hitting the ice.
He didn't get cut, he got body slammed and was bleeding out his f***ing ears, man. That shit is scary. The hit... yeah, maybe not worthy of a major, but its a penalty. I know, "it happens all the time and never gets called!!1", but the second hit wasn't needed and was done in a vulnerable spot.

Reactions: Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope Bishop can do something with Dallas that he was never able to do here. Have a healthy playoff run.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll always have a soft spot for Bishop, and I'd love to see him win. At the same time, I'm also a softy for older players who can't seem to get over the hump (I grew up an Yzerman fan, remember), so I'd be happy to see Jumbo Joe get his cup. I feel like we underrate just how good he was throughout his prime, in hindsight, because he's now "that guy who never won a cup."

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Trotz not looking like a super genius coach right now. On the verge of getting swept by another inferior team like Cooper.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
On one hand it would be great to see a team like the Canes win the Cup. On the other hand it would be f***ing depressing to see a team just come in and get it done on their first try, while we've had a roster capable of doing it for 5 years now and haven't been able to win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00