GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Karlsson gets on the scoreboard but holy hell is he a mess defensively, turnovers galore.

You can't have him and Sergachev on the same team, Karlsson would be fine with McDonagh. Can't understate his ability to get clean pucks to the net though, huge part in the Sharks comeback yesterday.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I'd be so hot if I were a VGK fan. I get that it's part of the game, and you shouldn't have given up 4 goals on the major, but that was a 2 minute call and it completely changed that series.

Reffing in this league is an absolute sham.

Reactions: berlin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd be so hot if I were a VGK fan. I get that it's part of the game, and you shouldn't have given up 4 goals on the major, but that was a 2 minute call and it completely changed that series.

Reffing in this league is an absolute sham.

My biggest problem is that there was no initial call on the play, they let it go until they realized Pavelski wasn't getting up, then saw that he was bleeding, then was like "oh shit we should call something."

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
My biggest problem is that there was no initial call on the play, they let it go until they realized Pavelski wasn't getting up, then saw that he was bleeding, then was like "oh **** we should call something."
They need to change the rules. They call the outcome of a play rather than the actual play.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
They need to change the rules. They call the outcome of a play rather than the actual play.

If something is missed in the middle of a play you can't retroactively make a call. Either make the call on the initial play or don't, yes Pavelski was hurt - stop the play and get him help, but to make a call after seeing the extent of injury is just stupid.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If something is missed in the middle of a play you can't retroactively make a call. Either make the call on the initial play or don't, yes Pavelski was hurt - stop the play and get him help, but to make a call after seeing the extent of injury is just stupid.
Vegas probably advances if Pavelski doesn't get cut while hitting the ice.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Might sound nuts but I would MUCH rather get swept then lose the way Vegas did. That’s just absolutely gut wrenching, that would take a seriously long time to get over (especially if it’s a finals game). It’s games like that which make me question if fandom is worth all the heartache. But who am I kidding i’m in too deep now, i’m sure a fatal heart attack lays ahead. Yay sports! Damn you! So anyway i’m for pretty much anyone but Boston and Washington. Go west coast teams!!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Might sound nuts but I would MUCH rather get swept then lose the way Vegas did. That’s just absolutely gut wrenching, that would take a seriously long time to get over (especially if it’s a finals game). It’s games like that which make me question if fandom is worth all the heartache. But who am I kidding i’m in too deep now, i’m sure a fatal heart attack lays ahead. Yay sports! Damn you! So anyway i’m for pretty much anyone but Boston and Washington. Go west coast teams!!

Eh yeah you're nuts. If I'm a Vegas fan I'm proud of that series or any fan of any team that goes out in a game 7 OT, you can hang your head high and expect the best for next year. Especially with the way Vegas controlled the game prior that play. Tampa on the other hand, you take nothing positive from our series, nothing - they live with that embarrassment for the next 82 games minimum. If Vegas play the Sharks again next year and you can expect the Sharks to be the one scared, the Sharks know they were 8 minutes away from elimination, they had no answer for that defense - you aren't going to luck out with a call like that every year. With Tampa? Everyone knows they're mentally fragile at this point and the blueprint to beating them is out.

Vegas knows they were the better team, they'll come out pissed - you can see it in their exit interviews, they aren't wavering in confidence. In Tampa's exit interviews everyone is in depression still trying to figure out what happened with stars around their head. Sometimes it's better to have something external to blame, Vegas is still united, Tampa players much like the fans are dissecting everything looking for answers.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think I'd rather not be the Leafs though. That has to be maddening. At least we're getting a gut check. They are just permanently almost there, and losing to Boston that many times in a row would piss me off so much.

Reactions: berlin

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think I'd rather not be the Leafs though. That has to be maddening. At least we're getting a gut check. They are just permanently almost there, and losing to Boston that many times in a row would piss me off so much.
It is an interesting world where Kyle Dubas gets criticized now. Babcock was already there, but at least this morning when I checked, a bunch of fans were calling on him to be fired.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Some outstanding series with heart, grit and determination.

But none to be found from our Tampa Bay Lightning. They just rolled right over.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Washington doesn't seem to have the gear they had last year. They look almost as flat as us out there.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
On one hand - wonderful game, and well deserved for Carolina. They were the better team in OT and hung around long enough to take control of the game.

OTOH - the Bruins are now the runaway Cup favorites. This nightmare postseason is only becoming more of a reality.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
On one hand - wonderful game, and well deserved for Carolina. They were the better team in OT and hung around long enough to take control of the game.

OTOH - the Bruins are now the runaway Cup favorites. This nightmare postseason is only becoming more of a reality.

I feel pretty good about Columbus vs them. Bruins scoring depth will be a problem. I have St. Louis as the favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->