Blow this team up already!

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I’ll take futures for any of these soft overpaid f***s. Take em I’m done watching this embarrassment on ice.

Blow this shit to smithereens! There are some people I’d want to keep but honestly I’d be totally fine rolling over 100% of this roster this summer. f*** em all.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Matthews has done nothing in the playoffs.

It's a fact.

Marchand and Pastrnak are literally showing him what it takes to be a player in this league who want to win.

Unfortunately Matthews just wants to get regular season points, Uber Eats commercials, and capspace.
He's the only reason we have 1 win in this series. Nothing lol

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
And he should be involved in potentially 3 other wins in the series too.

Imagine thinking you win one and you're done, maybe that's why the Leafs are the joke they are.
Maybe you'll figure out the real issue rather than singling the best player in the team by a mile.

No player can beat the Bruins by themselves.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Maybe you'll figure out the real issue rather than singling the best player in the team by a mile.

I will absolutely single out a player like Matthews who has never once stood out as the best player in any playoff series.

He's soft. He's not a leader. And he's never dominated.

Instead we defer that to Brad f***ing Marchand at age 35, it's a disgrace that he won't even try to man up against him.

Or whoever it was when Montreal or Columbus won.

Reactions: namttebih

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I will absolutely single out a player like Matthews who has never once stood out as the best player in any playoff series.

Don't you ever forget it.

He's soft. He's not a leader. And he's never dominated.

Instead we defer that to Brad f***ing Marchand.
While you carry on with your nonsensical meltdown I'll point out the real issues

We have a coach that can't coach.

We have and had shit goaltending.

A below average D Core.

A PK that can't PK.

Tavares and Marners who just aren't worth anywhere near their contracts.

The star Center isn't going to carry you to a series win with all that going on, you'll figure it out one day bud.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Curious what your real issues are. To speed this up mine.

Mgmt organizational decision making
Mgmt cap space
Mgmt Coaching
Mgmt training and sports science.
Plyrs MM JT Rielly Bro Sammy and some others laying eggs.

The only thing I care about is AM and an overpaid WN now I guess. The tougher guys weren't bad but took a few bad penalties. Especially Domi.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Curious what your real issues are. To speed this up mine.

Mgmt organizational decision making
Mgmt cap space
Mgmt Coaching
Mgmt training and sports science.
Plyrs MM JT Rielly Bro Sammy and some others laying eggs.

The only thing I care about is AM and an overpaid WN now I guess. The tougher guys weren't bad but took a few bad penalties. Especially Domi.
Coaching, Marner and Tavares contracts - not only because they aren't very good but limits how we fill out a thin squad.

There's a lot of other things too - Matthews isn't anywhere near the top of the list, that's for sure.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
While you carry on with your nonsensical meltdown I'll point out the real issues

We have a coach that can't coach.

We have and had shit goaltending.

A below average D Core.

A PK that can't PK.

Tavares and Marners who just aren't worth anywhere near their contracts.

The star Center isn't going to carry you to a series win with all that going on, you'll figure it out one day bud.

Another post-season meltdown by the Leafs and you keep blaming it on everything but the players who keep on underperforming.,,

Matthews has 1 goal in 4 games and the one he got he show-boated like he won the Cup...

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
We can't take this anymore.

The Leafs need to change everything about this team, starting from the top down.

FIRE Shanahan and go from there. Treliving. Keefe. Move Tavares, Marner and any players not named Matthewa or Rielly.

Let the new President change the GM, and let the new GM change the coach and the player personnel. The correct order of operations is important.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Everyone in this thread keeps saying move Marner. How is this supposed to happen? Asking him to waive his NMC? Is it realistic to think that he'd actually do this?

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Another post-season meltdown by the Leafs and you keep blaming it on everything but the players who keep on underperforming.,,

Matthews has 1 goal in 4 games and the one he got he show-boated like he won the Cup...
Are you even capable of reading?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Everyone in this thread keeps saying move Marner. How is this supposed to happen? Asking him to waive his NMC? Is it realistic to think that he'd actually do this?

Yes, other teams have gone to agents and facilitate a trade. Marner will agree to a trade if he wants an 8 year deal, otherwise he will be giving up 12-14 million. From a financial stand point it makes no sense for him to walk to UFA. His agent would advise him to also do a sign and trade. All NMC’s really are is for you as the player to control the situation. You get to decide where you are traded to.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The problem is shanahan. As long as he is leaf’s president, the most you’re going to see is a keefe firing. Shanahan is a political guy who coddles to his stars. Dare I say it, Brian burke would be a better president right now then shanny. Burke isn’t afraid to put on the a**h*le pants on

Burke is old as shit now, I don’t think he’d be able to work as president. But he would be a good option. I’d also see if you could pry Jim Nill from Dallas

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Burke is old as shit now, I don’t think he’d be able to work as president. But he would be a good option. I’d also see if you could pry Jim Nill from Dallas

Leave the position vacant. BT is the GM president. This layer cake of blame is causing half the problems and people want more layer cake.

Cut the bloat. The organization is a big salty whale.

Reactions: TMLife17

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
THIS is indefensible.

These guys are a bunch of gutless chokers. It's no longer plausible you can build around this core. The team has continued to stagnate.

From the President to the toilets the whole thing stinks.

The question now is how to fix the damn team. "We can and we will" has been the biggest waste of money in franchise history. Yet ownership doesn't have the stomach to make change at the top where the stagnation is oozing.

Zero accountability there.

They have four star forwards. One of whom is a three times Rocket Richard winner. And they STILL haven't won a damn thing yet.

If any of them try to get away with saying anything but apologize for the state of this team today it would be disgusting.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Yes, other teams have gone to agents and facilitate a trade. Marner will agree to a trade if he wants an 8 year deal, otherwise he will be giving up 12-14 million. From a financial stand point it makes no sense for him to walk to UFA. His agent would advise him to also do a sign and trade. All NMC’s really are is for you as the player to control the situation. You get to decide where you are traded to.
I get all of that. Do we have some examples of this happening though? Not disputing, just can't remember it happening.

Same with the sign and trade. They are so very rare in the NHL that it's barely worth disguising IMO.

Personally, I don't know if Mitch would agree to. I think that he's stubborn enough to think that he's calling their bluff. As little as I like him, it would be a huge blow to let him walk for nothing. He knows that too.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Are you even capable of reading?

Star centre

1 goal

Your bag of excuses notwithstanding I’m completely unimpressed by Matthews since pretty much every single other star in the game seems to produce at their usual rate into the playoffs except him.

His goals and points tank.

You blame it on nonsense of course. Real players don’t seem to let it affect them.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad