2019 Season Discussion Thread

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know Jackson has had 2 really easy matchups, and he'll have another easier one against KC, but he could be close to where Mahomes was last year, where it's not worth trading him for the value. That offense is setup perfect for him and he's been smart and efficient with the ball, and they are letting him throw it more than expected.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know Jackson has had 2 really easy matchups, and he'll have another easier one against KC, but he could be close to where Mahomes was last year, where it's not worth trading him for the value. That offense is setup perfect for him and he's been smart and efficient with the ball, and they are letting him throw it more than expected.
He's looked excellent but there is nowhere near that level of certainty with him. Last time we saw him play before these 2 games was in the playoffs against the Chargers where it looked like he was completely in over his head as a passer at the NFL level, let alone as one of the better QBs out there. It really does look like he's worked on his passing considerably, but I still think there's an element of doubt there.

I suppose his running ability gives him a high floor though. I was high on him as well this year as an excellent later QB pick, but I just can't trust him being THIS good.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's looked excellent but there is nowhere near that level of certainty with him. Last time we saw him play before these 2 games was in the playoffs against the Chargers where it looked like he was completely in over his head as a passer at the NFL level, let alone as one of the better QBs out there. It really does look like he's worked on his passing considerably, but I still think there's an element of doubt there.

I suppose his running ability gives him a high floor though. I was high on him as well this year as an excellent later QB pick, but I just can't trust him being THIS good.
Yeah, there is 0 chance he remains this good, and I suppose we need to see him against a good defense to get a sense of what his actual floor is. It'll really be about him limiting turnovers in those games. I think Vick from 2010 is a realistic outcome.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga

It's clear that he and the coaching staff have taken a big step forward and learned how to best utilize his talents.

With that said - I believe we are definitely seeing his ceiling at the moment and the KC game should further feed into the hype.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Just lost Big Ben for the year. I have Carr on my bench but really don't want him to be my guy, especially next week vs Minnesota. Who's the best waiver wire pickup from this group?

Jameis Winston
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Case Keenum
Marcus Mariota
Jacoby Brissett
Joe Flacco

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lamar is the real deal folks.

The rushing floor helps so much too. He won't be Mahomes level but he's must start every week no matter the matchup and you might as well drop any other QB you have if it's 1QB league.

7-0 (3 leagues you play against the average and your opponent) this week for me is a nice change after a tough week 1

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Add Stafford or Dalton for an injury-ravaged squad?

Stafford

Just lost Big Ben for the year. I have Carr on my bench but really don't want him to be my guy, especially next week vs Minnesota. Who's the best waiver wire pickup from this group?

Jameis Winston
Andy Dalton
Mitch Trubisky
Case Keenum
Marcus Mariota
Jacoby Brissett
Joe Flacco

Play the matchups

I haven't looked at the schedule yet.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Went 4-0, feels good. Had 2 squeakers tonight, needed 24 ppr points from Landry and Bell (thanks a lot landry...) but was also only up 20 against Bell and an IDP Jamaal Adams and all I had left was Browns LB Schobert. Bell actually got him the lead when my IDP Schobert forced the fumble, took away 2 points from Bell, got me 3.75 and Bell didnt touch the ball again

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went to bed sweating over the possibility of Njoku having a monster game and beating me, then woke up to see the poor fella got injured :laugh:

Gonna try and replace Big Ben with Kyler Murray as for some reason he's on waivers - even if I never use him (I've got Jackson), nice trade bait - but if not, think I'll just go one QB and try targeting some sleeper WRs/RBs.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Kicker question.

I drafted lutz earlier than I ever draft kickers, but with Brees injured, is he worth dropping for Joey Slye? Do we trust Teddy B to get the NO offense into field goal territory consistently?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kicker question.

I drafted lutz earlier than I ever draft kickers, but with Brees injured, is he worth dropping for Joey Slye? Do we trust Teddy B to get the NO offense into field goal territory consistently?
I'm sort of viewing it as a positive. He had 3 field goals against the Rams, and a couple that were 40+. The offense has the talent to move the ball, but they'll have less touchdowns, and that means more field goals. I want to see how it plays out first. Between Thomas, Kamara, and Murray, they should be able to get into field goal range plenty.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now if Bridgewater sucks and they really can't move it, then don't be attached to where you drafted Lutz.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Daniel Jones takes over for Eli. Shouldn't impact fantasy, but if he's efficient like pre-season, he might go into the long list of streamers.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
How far off am I on this trade:

I give: Hopkins, Gurley, OJ Howard
I get: Barkley, Kelce

Standard scoring with 5 point bonuses over 100 yards running/receiving

14 team league:

My team

Qb Wentz
RB Gurley, Jones
WR Hopkins, Godwin
TE Howard
Bench Samuel, Davis, Njoku, M. Brown, Drake

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kicker question.

I also wouldn't fault anyone for picking up Slye for Lutz, since Carolina is in that same situation of plenty of talent to move the ball, but struggles to get TDs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

14 team league:

My team

Qb Wentz
RB Gurley, Jones
WR Hopkins, Godwin
TE Howard
Are you offering or was it proposed to you? I'm taking the Barkley side. If the other guy is really hurting at WR, then you might get him to bite on something around that, but it might take more.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Are you offering or was it proposed to you? I'm taking the Barkley side. If the other guy is really hurting at WR, then you might get him to bite on something around that, but it might take more.

I was thinking about offering it, but wanted an opinion on if I was in the ballpark.

His receivers are Diggs, Metcalf, Pettis, Green, MVS, Desean Jackson

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was thinking about offering it, but wanted an opinion on if I was in the ballpark
In the ballpark, but if I had Barkley and Kelce, I don't think I'd move them for anything realistic. You draft Kelce to have an advantage over everyone else at TE, but knowing that you'll have ground to make up at WR or RB. If they made proper waiver moves, he should be good enough at WR.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

14 team league:

My team

Qb Wentz
RB Gurley, Jones
WR Hopkins, Godwin
TE Howard

I think you're pretty far off. Howard has been a huge bust so far, and you never know how Gurley's knee will hold up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was thinking about offering it, but wanted an opinion on if I was in the ballpark.

His receivers are Diggs, Metcalf, Pettis, Green, MVS, Desean Jackson

It's smart to target him with Hopkins, but you won't get Barkley and Kelce in a deal.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just traded DJ Moore for Kittle. I want no part of OJ Howard anymore. Kittle owner has Olsen so easy trade target

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Is it time to drop Cam Newton? He's lost me two straight weeks on the back of his performances.

On the other hand, my alternatives are:
Rivers
Stafford
Garoppolo
Dalton
Keenum
Trubisky (yuck)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is it time to drop Cam Newton? He's lost me two straight weeks on the back of his performances.

On the other hand, my alternatives are:
Rivers
Stafford
Garoppolo
Dalton
Keenum
Trubisky (yuck)
No, but I'd might pick up Rivers. Newton still threw 2+ touchdowns in 11 straight games last year. He'll get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad