Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season II - David Ortiz shot in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The Red Sox's bullpen is not any better. A bullpen that is run on the philosophy of closer by commission is not going to help Cora and company when the Red Sox need key outs in the playoffs at Yankee Stadium. And Dombrowski better not move Chavis to get the bullpen help either.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Red Sox's bullpen is not any better. A bullpen that is run on the philosophy of closer by commission is not going to help Cora and company when the Red Sox need key outs in the playoffs at Yankee Stadium. And Dombrowski better not move Chavis to get the bullpen help either.

The Red Sox bullpen wasn't good last year either, and Cora patched together the playoffs in a very forward-thinking way of using starters on their regular bullpen day. The fact that that worked I think led Dombrowski to treat the offseason like improving the bullpen wasn't a priority. And while it's true that investing in starters is more important than investing in relievers, you can't just ignore relievers. Joe Kelly proved to be our most consistent guy in the second half, and Kimbrel is a closer on a HoF trajectory. Letting both walk and putting the whole load onto the historically inconsistent Matt Barnes and a guy in Brasier coming off an out-of-nowhere successful rookie year is just foolish.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Dude's at 50 pitches through 5 and the Sox look completely inept. At this it would be more surprising to me if he doesn't throw a perfect game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chirinos the Rays pitcher has about as good of stuff tonight as I’ve ever seen

Where the heck did he come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad