Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season II - David Ortiz shot in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I agree with above; this was not a robbery, it literally looked like an assassination attempt

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I agree with above; this was not a robbery, it literally looked like an assassination attempt
I think the person was just sick in the head. If he wanted to assassinate him I feel like it could have gone even worse for Ortiz

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I think the person was just sick in the head. If he wanted to assassinate him I feel like it could have gone even worse for Ortiz
I don't know, man. Life's not like the movies. Killing someone can't be easy.

There were actually two guys. They rode up on a motorcycle, one guy shot him, then they took off and fell. They caught the driver and caught up to the shooter later. This was planned

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't know, man. Life's not like the movies. Killing someone can't be easy.

There were actually two guys. They rode up on a motorcycle, one guy shot him, then they took off and fell. They caught the driver and caught up to the shooter later. This was planned

It seemed like it was a robbery of some sort. I'm sure they are aware of who David is in the DR and they know that he has money. They probably figured they could shoot him in the leg, empty his pockets, steal his jewelry and take off.

Glad to hear he's doing well, all the best.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So glad he’s expected to make a full recovery.

He’s dominating the news as are the Bruins

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Did not see video, but T&R made is sound horrible. Hope all is well with my Papi!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Sucks they beat his shooter so bad, now it’s going to be very difficult to get info out of him. It’s understandable...the impulse....but it’s selfish because it ultimately doesn’t help bring Ortiz the justice he deserves

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What kind of sick **** tries to kill Big Papi?
That's the number one question most of us have.

What he does for his hometown and country makes this all the more baffling.

Not going to lie, I broke down and sobbed last night. Guy is one of the sweetest, kindest, most generous man. Legit a giant teddy bear.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's the number one question most of us have.

What he does for his hometown and country makes this all the more baffling.

Not going to lie, I broke down and sobbed last night. Guy is one of the sweetest, kindest, most generous man. Legit a giant teddy bear.

There are some rumors out there that the guy worked for Papi, but those are unconfirmed at this point.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There are some rumors out there that the guy worked for Papi, but those are unconfirmed at this point.
I saw that and one where it was actually a cop that shot him.

Honestly, all I care about is that he's ok. We may never know why they did it but I suspect that several people were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->