2019 QMJHL Entry draft

Marc052

Apr 9, 2019
Awhile back Roy’s agent said he wouldn’t, perhaps that has changed.

I think 2-3 LSL players will pick their spots and the others won’t report.

Roy is from QC city. I doubt he wouldn't report to Moncton, Val-D'Or (Michel and Guenette are from the same alma mater), Shawinigan (3 of 5 first 2018 SHA draft pick from same alma mater), Gatineau (Gosselin teammate is one of Gatineau prospect) and STJ has a teammate and prospect (C-A Dumont).

Marc052

Apr 9, 2019
Someone have a top-25 for the 2019 draft ?

Roy
Robidas
Reynolds
Whynot
Bolduc
L'heureux
Dean
Nadeau
Richard
Legault
Tinling
Greene
MacDonald
Pellerin
Plandowski
Guevin
Gaucher
Kidney
Huckins
Truchon
Nause
Boutin
Melanson
Hebert
Malatesta

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Roy is from QC city. I doubt he wouldn't report to Moncton, Val-D'Or (Michel and Guenette are from the same alma mater), Shawinigan (3 of 5 first 2018 SHA draft pick from same alma mater), Gatineau (Gosselin teammate is one of Gatineau prospect) and STJ has a teammate and prospect (C-A Dumont).
I know for a fact there was a time where he wouldn’t report to VDO, idk if that’s still the case.

Never had any doubt about him going to Moncton or STJ.

Teammates don’t mean a pick will automatically report.

Marc052

Apr 9, 2019
I know for a fact there was a time where he wouldn’t report to VDO, idk if that’s still the case.

Never had any doubt about him going to Moncton or STJ.

Teammates don’t mean a pick will automatically report.

I would be surprise to see him not reporting to VDO.

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
Well...

Following the draft lottery, here is the order of the first five teams that will step onto the stage next June:
  1. Saint John Sea Dogs
  2. Val-d’Or Foreurs
  3. Moncton Wildcats
  4. Gatineau Olympiques
  5. Shawinigan Cataractes

Thoughts ?

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
Well...

Following the draft lottery, here is the order of the first five teams that will step onto the stage next June:
  1. Saint John Sea Dogs
  2. Val-d’Or Foreurs
  3. Moncton Wildcats
  4. Gatineau Olympiques
  5. Shawinigan Cataractes

Thoughts ?
Sea Dogs will now draft a another top Euro , entice Jack Williams from last year's American draft and be a contender in 2 years. ( and the 2 years after that )

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
4F7ED287-B8F0-4C4E-AB0B-49A6CB1D3775.jpeg
The rookie depth on this team is insane. I can’t wait to see this team in 2-3 years!
ROSTER IN 2021
Maxim Cajkovic (19) NHL Prospect
Filip Prikryl (19) NHL Prospect
Joshua Roy (17) NHL Eligible
Brady Burns (18) NHL Prospect
Josh Lawrence (18) NHL Prospect
Charlie Desroche (18) NHL Prospect
Jeremie Poirier (18) NHL Prospect
William Villneuve (18) NHL Prospect
Alex Drover (18)
Dawson Stairs (18)
-
And more future draft picks and other players! The 2022 season would be even stronger as well!
Photoshop Cred: Andy LeHoux

Reactions: marti57

HockeyFan1976

Mar 4, 2019
With the Sea Dogs getting the first pick I could see them taking Cam Whynot 1st overall
Although I think Roy and Robidas are better players and the Sea Dogs already have 3 2002 top defense on their team and they could use an allstar forward like Roy or Robidas that there is still a very high possibility that they take Whynot #1.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
With the Sea Dogs getting the first pick I could see them taking Cam Whynot 1st overall
Although I think Roy and Robidas are better players and the Sea Dogs already have 3 2002 top defense on their team and they could use an allstar forward like Roy or Robidas that there is still a very high possibility that they take Whynot #1.

Cam Whynot is a tremendous hockey player and there is a Sea Dog connection with the team owner ( McCain) knowing Cam's parents. With Poirier and Sibley as 2 LD, it would appear that Cam would nicely fill the third LD spot.
Not expecting to pick anything but fifth, it is rumored that a deal is already in place for a significant, experienced LD. Things could change but based on securing the # 1 overall, the general consensus is that Mr. Roy is headed to the Port City.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
View attachment 217389 The rookie depth on this team is insane. I can’t wait to see this team in 2-3 years!
ROSTER IN 2021
Maxim Cajkovic (19) NHL Prospect
Filip Prikryl (19) NHL Prospect
Joshua Roy (17) NHL Eligible
Brady Burns (18) NHL Prospect
Josh Lawrence (18) NHL Prospect
Charlie Desroche (18) NHL Prospect
Jeremie Poirier (18) NHL Prospect
William Villneuve (18) NHL Prospect
Alex Drover (18)
Dawson Stairs (18)
-
And more future draft picks and other players! The 2022 season would be even stronger as well!
Photoshop Cred: Andy LeHoux

Sea Dogs will participate in the 2019 Import Draft ( choosing at # 6) as there is a possibility that Filip Prikryl will stay in Europe next year. The 2002 that they choose will fit in well with their core.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
no way they would take whynot 1st...you take BAP or trade down or draft the top guy and trade him but if they took a less talent just cause that is who they want that would not be smart on their case.

Reactions: marti57

BeautifulDay

Jul 10, 2018
Qc
Well...

1. Saint John Sea Dogs
  2. Val-d’Or Foreurs
  3. Moncton Wildcats
  4. Gatineau Olympiques
  5. Shawinigan Cataractes

Thoughts ?

Questions

Does this rank is the same for the following rounds?
And how the rest of the ranking is establish?

For exemple Baie-Comeau : big season but early elimination....

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Came here to find more info on Justin Robidas. 4G 5A in 5GP at the Telus Cup from a kid who just turned 16 is pretty eye popping. Not surprised to see how highly ranked he is.

Reactions: Progolf

Draft2000

Jan 5, 2019
Came here to find more info on Justin Robidas. 4G 5A in 5GP at the Telus Cup from a kid who just turned 16 is pretty eye popping. Not surprised to see how highly ranked he is.
He has a tremendous release and masks his shot very well - hard for goalies to read.

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
2003 Q draft is deep at forward position...I know the Quebec guys well, but only a few from the Maritimes, but Huckins is real good and should be a top 10 unless he decides to go USA route, Nause is good too.....Any order is possible in the Q...depends on which team is drafting

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
No....he would have probably been Top 5, but I don't think he would have been #1.

Legault is best D in the draft.....Paquet from Magog is real good and smart......Olivier Beaudoin (D) has come a long ways out of Ulysse Varsity. He was black listed by Triolet at a young age, but is big and can skate...will be interesting to see what Magog will do with him at camp. Whoever picks him up will not be disappointed as I have him as a top 10 D pick out of the Q. He will be a good sleeper

Reactions: Progolf and RBZ

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
Went to see school playoffs yesterday. Quality better than expected. Moncton in to see kuper goalie (choquette). Very solid.

Kuper's sachetti also great speed and grit. Don't know if he's 2002 or 2003?

There are some very good high school goalies out there with lots of upside that few scouts see....some are better than the espoir goalies like ......Fedemma (BCS), Trepanier (Mont St. Anne) and Fisk (Alexander Galt)...All 3 kids are 6'2" and athletic and better than Choquette.....Trepanier and Fisk just got cut from Magog yet they are better than the Triolet espoir goalies with way more upside.......they will play for their respective schools again, but I hear Stanstead signed Fisk.

Draft2000

Jan 5, 2019
Legault is best D in the draft.....Paquet from Magog is real good and smart......Olivier Beaudoin (D) has come a long ways out of Ulysse Varsity. He was black listed by Triolet at a young age, but is big and can skate...will be interesting to see what Magog will do with him at camp. Whoever picks him up will not be disappointed as I have him as a top 10 D pick out of the Q. He will be a good sleeper
Legault is the best D (and player) in the draft. I hear he is back on skates and doing very well.

Last edited:

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Legault is best D in the draft.....Paquet from Magog is real good and smart......Olivier Beaudoin (D) has come a long ways out of Ulysse Varsity. He was black listed by Triolet at a young age, but is big and can skate...will be interesting to see what Magog will do with him at camp. Whoever picks him up will not be disappointed as I have him as a top 10 D pick out of the Q. He will be l

Paquet is a Vlasic type of defenseman. Would be on My TOP 10 list if I was a Q Scout .

Beaudoin got black listed everywhere he went. Can skate but there is a lot more in a hockey game. Not even on my TOP 20 D list. May be a good pick for Rivière-du-Loup or Amos.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad