2019 QMJHL Entry draft

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
Paquet is a Vlasic type of defenseman. Would be on My TOP 10 list if I was a Q Scout .

Beaudoin got black listed everywhere he went. Can skate but there is a lot more in a hockey game. Not even on my TOP 20 list. May be a good pick for Rivière-du-Loup or Amos.

Beaudoin is not in my top 20 either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got picked in the third or fourth round....Surprised he would even consider Midget AAA as Varsity level in stronger than midget aaa....he has been training with Jacques Gregoire for a while now and has all the tools

Wherever Paquet goes he will not disappoint....great shut down D and smart on and off the ice...class act...top 5 for me

Reactions: Progolf

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Beaudoin is not in my top 20 either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got picked in the third or fourth round....Surprised he would even consider Midget AAA as Varsity level in stronger than midget aaa....he has been training with Jacques Gregoire for a while now and has all the tools

Wherever Paquet goes he will not disappoint....great shut down D and smart on and off the ice...class act...top 5 for me

You wrote that you had Beaudoin on your TOP 10 D list. Your changing your mind.

I see that since someone train with Jacques Grégoire , he has the tools. Pretty simple, I guess that gentleman must be very popular. You train with him and you have the tools. I call it a magician ! :)

As for your goalies evaluation for Magog, you second guess one of the most respected goalie coach in Canada (worked with Hockey Canada on National Team). On the top of that, I would like to mention that the Head Coach had a great career as NHL goaltender. What's YOUR background and accomplishment?

Last edited:

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
You wrote that you had Beaudoin on your TOP 10 D list. Your changing your mind.

I see that since someone train with Jacques Grégoire , he has the tools. Pretty simple, I guess that gentleman must be very popular. You train with him and you have the tools. I call it a magician ! :)

As for your goalies evaluation for Magog, you second guess one of the most respected goalie coach in Canada (worked with Hockey Canada on National Team). On the top of that, I would like to mention that the Head Coach had a great career as NHL goaltender. What's YOUR background and accomplishment?

Top 10 D yes I thought you said 20 overall.......my bad for the poor communication, but yes top 10 D still in my view.

Gregoire is old school and has trained many kids in the area that have gone on to play Q, AHL, NHL....but yes he is good.....there is no such thing as magic so need to be a smart ass when sharing ideas and thoughts.

Carrier is the best goalie coach around, but not so sure how much say he really has....

Potvin great coach, I would say good NHL career not great (memorable goalie fight), but yes better than you and I. His son was the only over-ager to be allowed to play for the team....just saying money, politics and who you know go long way.

NCAA career turned lawyer and YOU?

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
OK. You're to good for all of us.
You have it all!
I am janitor in a crack house...

Politics, money , you're in the big conspiracy thing. I can confirm that there were 3 over-aged player on the team this yeah and it wasn't his son.

Last edited:

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
OK. You're to good for all of us.
You have it all!
I am janitor in a crack house...

Politics, money , you're in the big conspiracy thing. I can confirm that there were 3 over-aged player on the team this yeah and it wasn't his son.

I am not talking about this year....talking about when his son played years ago.....and when I say over-ager it means they are too old to go to high school (LA RUCHE), they go to CEGEP instead....the over-agers this year were still high school age.

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
I just respect decisions made by a good coaching staff who went to National Championship Final twice in the last two years with one of the youngest team.

Want to focus on fact...

As for your All-Star D, time will tell.

I never said they were not good..in fact I said they were very good coaches and best in the area........just questioning their past decisions when they didn't win and some decisions for the upcoming year...they will have another good team for the upcoming season....if they win it won't be because of their goaltending.

Never said Beaudoin was an all star D.......more of a sleeper pick that could end up being a top 10 D when their Q careers are over from this draft.....

Legault picked in USHL draft today

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
you can’t just post stats like that and imply they’ll get drafted..

I like him, I coached him but he’s playing Cadet D1 as a 3rd year bantam who played Minor and Major Bantam.... he’s also tiny and not so strong. Maybe inquire before posting stuff like this....

Players hardly get drafted out of Juvy let alone cadet... also, cadet isn’t a strong league, Gendron is going undrafted.

Cadet D1 RSEQ is a weak league.....he should have played juvenile if it was too easy for him
Speaking of the RSEQ....not so sure why everyone is raving about this league.....most of their games are during weekdays during school hours like 2:30........so much for education as one of their 3 pillars....plus nobody can watch the games

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Rankings are basically useless after top 10, teams just draft what is needed not so much "best available". I know some players in that 4-5 round range who are ranked in the top 25 in some teams eyes. A lot of talent in this 03 group that is for sure!

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
I never said they were not good..in fact I said they were very good coaches and best in the area........just questioning their past decisions when they didn't win and some decisions for the upcoming year...they will have another good team for the upcoming season....if they win it won't be because of their goaltending.

Never said Beaudoin was an all star D.......more of a sleeper pick that could end up being a top 10 D when their Q careers are over from this draft.....

Legault picked in USHL draft today

Beaudoin ranked #10 D by CSR and listed in the third round as I predicted....guess I know a little bit

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Beaudoin ranked #10 D by CSR and listed in the third round as I predicted....guess I know a little bit

Hockey IQ and character are not always considered as much as it should by CSR and other people claiming to know a bit.

Time will tell. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
Hockey IQ and character are not always considered as much as it should by CSR and other people claiming to know a bit.

Time will tell. Best of luck.

No matter where they are picked time will tell....no Triolet espoir goalies in the mix as predicted as they are small with no upside....I know a bunch of high school goalies better then them...Magog must have a plan as they will take Morin from Cascade Bantam AAA, but not the Triolet goalies if they want to win..they will look outside the region, but they cut two good ones...so interesting to see what happens

Reactions: Progolf

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Wouldn't be surprised if a Maritime team took a second round on him, Moncton for example has had a great crop of island players do well.

Yeah, all depends on a teams wants/needs, quite a few maritime picks around 28-35 where you could see Biggar,Squires land

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad