2019 QMJHL Entry draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
If a player isn't on the CSR list, teams have to ask CSR to put them on the list for them to be able to draft them. Since this is the final list, I'd guess that a player not on the list won't be drafted.

Reactions: marti57

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
If a player isn't on the CSR list, teams have to ask CSR to put them on the list for them to be able to draft them. Since this is the final list, I'd guess that a player not on the list won't be drafted.
Oh!
It's special...because our best Midget Espoir forward (I'm part of the Chevaliers coaching staff) is not on the CSR list...

Thanks for the info!

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
Oh!
It's special...because our best Midget Espoir forward (I'm part of the Chevaliers coaching staff) is not on the CSR list...

Thanks for the info!
Would that be Vincent Gagnon ? He his pretty good indeed, better than several on this list.
Don't know how he could be missed as he is pretty noticeable on the ice...

Loilalty9799

May 4, 2019
Would that be Vincent Gagnon ? He his pretty good indeed, better than several on this list.

Very skilled player when I saw him play the one time (made plays almost every shift).......no idea why he would not be on the list.....lots of penalties I see, but that can easily be corrected

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
More than that...Gagnon is a Late! It's common to see a late DOB made a 1st year Midget Espoir and get a lot better when the maturity is coming.

But I was speaking about C-E Hébert.

Anyway, I checked with a friend (scout) and it's right. The player have to be on the CSR list to be drafted

Reactions: marti57

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Oh yeah, didn't notice that Hebert wasn't on the list, would have had him in the 10-14 range. Think Larose is a superior prospect by far though going forward, especially considering his progression since Bantam.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012

I’m not convinced it’s the final list. Generally there are additions to it for players added by the teams, as well as a list of Americans. Unless this year is different, there will be more additions to it before the draft, it happens every year so I would suspect it will happen again.

Reactions: Progolf

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Americans are now drafted in a separate draft I believe and are not listed with the other QMJHL prospects.

It's entirely possible that players could be added before the draft!

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
lol, ok, I figured that one out myself.

Still seems to me the US born players are already on the list, in the alphabetical section.

VRedsRule

Aug 26, 2008
Interesting that Peter Reynolds was passed over in USHL draft despite being considered one of the top prospects for that draft. Could this mean that teams fully expect he is Q bound despite committing to BC?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Interesting that Peter Reynolds was passed over in USHL draft despite being considered one of the top prospects for that draft. Could this mean that teams fully expect he is Q bound despite committing to BC?

He wasn’t passed over, he was drafted by the Chicago Steel in the 12th round.

Mtlhockey

Mar 15, 2019
Good luck to all the midget players for the LHJMQ draft. Honestly, the Q draft is the most exciting one for the kids. Congrats for the Q

Reactions: buzzer beater

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Good luck to all the midget players for the LHJMQ draft. Honestly, the Q draft is the most exciting one for the kids. Congrats for the Q

With a real draft the Q makes the OHL and WHL look like second tier leagues... such a great event taking place in Quebec City good luck to all.

Reactions: rinkrattt111

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Malatesta not even drafted and it's already 6th round? Is he going to USHL/NCAA? Same for Tinling not picked till #41?

Edit: Malatesta picked up in 7th round by Remparts.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->