2019 OHL Draft Prospects

AvgJoe

Oct 4, 2017
Harrison was by far the best player in alliance. He dominated all season. Losing D'Intino majority of the season put a lot of pressure on him and he responded. My top 15 out of alliance would be...

1.Harrison
2.Greaves
3.McCallum
4.Way
5.Sikic
6.Goure
7.D'Intino
8.Hipkin
9.Callens
10.Hamlin
11.Burke
12.Laforme
13.Bowman
14.Sedley
15.Parsons

Will be interesting to see next week. A lot of these players padded stats against weaker teams and didn't produce against the top half of the league

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Do top players attend? Perhaps a chance for teams to get a closer look at later round kids?

There are a few first round kids at the combine. I think in the write up for last years combine 7 of the kids went in the first round.

Would be interesting to look at last years players in the combine and place their corresponding draft position beside their name.

Does anyone know how these kids got invited to the combine? What the process was for choosing the players?

GMoney40

Mar 31, 2019
I can’t find anything on HNO players for this year. Is it that they don’t play enough in southern Ontario to be evaluated or that scouts don’t feel as they have any draft worthy players this year?

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
2019 OHL Draft Ranking

With the 2019 OHL Draft now less than a week away, we've unveiled our final Draft Ranking of the 2018-19 season. In this final edition, we've expanded our ranking to cover the top-300 prospects eligible for selection and have provided links to more than 50 individual player profiles.

Click the link below to read our Final Top-300 Ranking:

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
2019 OHL Draft Ranking

Alongside our Final Top-300 Ranking released earlier today, we're also revealing our Final Goaltender Ranking ahead of the 2019 OHL Draft. In this final edition, we've taken the time to rank the top-20 goaltenders eligible for the upcoming Priority Selection and have listed 15 honourable mentions to keep an eye on as well.

Our Final Goaltender Ranking can be found by following the link below:

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
It's Mock Draft time!

With the 2019 OHL Priority Selection looming later this week, we've taken the time to assemble a first-round Mock Draft for the event. In predicting the first-round, we took team strengths and weaknesses into account in order to make the most accurate selections possible. While there will certainly be some surprises within the first-round, we're expecting the initial 21 picks to look very similar to those outlined within our Mock Draft below.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It's Mock Draft time!

With the 2019 OHL Priority Selection looming later this week, we've taken the time to assemble a first-round Mock Draft for the event. In predicting the first-round, we took team strengths and weaknesses into account in order to make the most accurate selections possible. While there will certainly be some surprises within the first-round, we're expecting the initial 21 picks to look very similar to those outlined within our Mock Draft below.

Well put together list Prospect Pipeline, should make for a interesting template to follow Saturday, will be interesting to see how close to the mock draft the actual results will turn out. The 1st overall should be almost a given but 2-21 will be interesting to see if teams actually go for the players listed. There always seems to be a surprise here or there come draft day.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

Blackadder70

Apr 1, 2019
I can’t find anything on HNO players for this year. Is it that they don’t play enough in southern Ontario to be evaluated or that scouts don’t feel as they have any draft worthy players this year?

Have barely seen any thing on the HNO kids. Hockeyprospects.com had a draft report, but it was... interesting -the kids they talked about and the ones they didn't.

TheScout.ca gave an Honourable Mention to two of them, that was it.

bardownNorth

Apr 1, 2019
Have barely seen any thing on the HNO kids. Hockeyprospects.com had a draft report, but it was... interesting -the kids they talked about and the ones they didn't.

TheScout.ca gave an Honourable Mention to two of them, that was it.

I watched a ton of Northern games this year and your picks are accurate or close to it. As for the Hockeyprospects.com Picks....they are real interesting....Im guessing a paid site with no effort. Shame really

Blackadder70

Apr 1, 2019
I watched a ton of Northern games this year and your picks are accurate or close to it. As for the Hockeyprospects.com Picks....they are real interesting....Im guessing a paid site with no effort. Shame really

When you say Northern games - do those include the Thunder Bay Kings (HNO)?

Mar 12, 2009
Hockey Prospect is apparently one of the more well regarded independent scouting outfits.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Gavin Chiasson

Jan 15, 2019
They really are @Torgo they did an amazing job this year and were probably the most active for publishing OHL prospect articles. TheScout was really good last year, but hardly did much this year, and other sites make you pay to see something so...well, not worth paying for. I like looking at OHL prospects, but I'd never pay to see it.

Reactions: Gondrex
Mar 12, 2009
They really are @Torgo they did an amazing job this year and were probably the most active for publishing OHL prospect articles. TheScout was really good last year, but hardly did much this year, and other sites make you pay to see something so...well, not worth paying for. I like looking at OHL prospects, but I'd never pay to see it.
TheScout.ca lost their head scout one year to Owen Sound and then lost the guy who took over for him to London a couple years later. I'd imagine those departures have a lot to do with it.

Blackadder70

Apr 1, 2019
Well draft on Saturday, followed by the OHL Gold Cup the beginning of may. Will be interesting to see who's predictions pan out better!

Reactions: hockeynorth

AlKradd

Apr 3, 2019

TheScout.ca has had by far the best content this year and the past few years. Tons of accurate content, very active on twitter. Looks like they have upwards to 40 or so interviews with players too which no other site has. You must not be looking in the right spot.

Reactions: Blackadder70

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Well draft on Saturday, followed by the OHL Gold Cup the beginning of may. Will be interesting to see who's predictions pan out better!

there’s going to be a lot of ‘woah, his name was never mentioned’ or ‘he was suppose to go way later’ posts I’d bet.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
TheScout.ca’s Mock draft I can get on board with a bit more than most. Namely mid way through with Johnston going 10th, and again at Guelph, and their requirement for a center over a defenseman in Guryev. I think a couple players like Connor Punnett will not be first rounders when others like Jack Matier and Logan Mallioux (not even HM) would have been available.

I have my own personal list, and other situations beg questions. Many have London convincing some sort of NCAA commit to coming to the OHL, why is Dylan Gratton or Luke Hughes not involved in those same discussions then?

Clarke is by far the best defenseman (offensive) available, as I have 3 of the top 5 D going NCAA at this time. (Guryev being the other OHLer)

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
TheScout.ca’s Mock draft I can get on board with a bit more than most. Namely mid way through with Johnston going 10th, and again at Guelph, and their requirement for a center over a defenseman in Guryev. I think a couple players like Connor Punnett will not be first rounders when others like Jack Matier and Logan Mallioux (not even HM) would have been available.

I have my own personal list, and other situations beg questions. Many have London convincing some sort of NCAA commit to coming to the OHL, why is Dylan Gratton or Luke Hughes not involved in those same discussions then?

Clarke is by far the best defenseman (offensive) available, as I have 3 of the top 5 D going NCAA at this time. (Guryev being the other OHLer)

given the history of the family, why on earth would anyone think that hughes was going to the ohl. if any hughes was going to come, it would have been the other two. going to the program worked so well for the first two, why would they change course now?

i think the london ncaa stuff is overplayed, at least in the 1st round. they have taken ontario kids almost always. its been 5 years since they took an ncaa kid in jones, and he wasnt even a true ncaa kid, he wasnt committed anywhere. i dont think theyve ever taken a true ncaa kid in the 1st round? after the 1st sure, but not in the 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
given the history of the family, why on earth would anyone think that hughes was going to the ohl. if any hughes was going to come, it would have been the other two. going to the program worked so well for the first two, why would they change course now?

i think the london ncaa stuff is overplayed, at least in the 1st round. they have taken ontario kids almost always. its been 5 years since they took an ncaa kid in jones, and he wasnt even a true ncaa kid, he wasnt committed anywhere. i dont think theyve ever taken a true ncaa kid in the 1st round? after the 1st sure, but not in the 1st.
London picks 20. Basically a second round pick. Everybody is saying their are fewer "elite" players this draft (first rounders), but then a deeper pool of "very good" players (rounds 2-6). If London's only option at getting an "elite" player in the first round is tapping the list of commits, I think they are more likely to this year than any other year. Even if it doesn't work out, they're next few picks are all picking from same same "very good" pool of players.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
London picks 20. Basically a second round pick. Everybody is saying their are fewer "elite" players this draft (first rounders), but then a deeper pool of "very good" players (rounds 2-6). If London's only option at getting an "elite" player in the first round is tapping the list of commits, I think they are more likely to this year than any other year. Even if it doesn't work out, they're next few picks are all picking from same same "very good" pool of players.

but the odds are that they will get the guy they get in the 1st will be there in the 2nd. they waited for stranges last year.

the best indicator of the future is past performances and information. london doesnt over draft guys with commits, they wait for them later on. why would they change that, there have been less 'elite' guys this year, but there have been drafts like that in the past and london still picked someone that was going to be there in september. theres truly no reason for them to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad