2019 OHL Draft Prospects

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I’ve added to it. Lol thanks though.

Particularly when Coughlin was out early on, McGlaughlin and Dixon were their top pairing, while dewbury and laszlo rotated with Strain. Not saying they were the better, but it’s something that will be noticed, particularly if even I noticed. Not sure about the all-star game, but every team has to be represented too, ends up knocking someone out that deserves to be there. I understand both were there and didn’t have to be, but I can’t make judgement on all-star game invites.

That said, Marko Sikic was not there and he’s considered a top prospect.

Sikic was there and dominated. I think he had a couple of goals.

Also, According to the stats Coughlin played every game while Dixon missed four....

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousHockey

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
567B3A88-6A8F-4D91-8DDF-6DD635F5558E.jpeg

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Sikic was there and dominated. I think he had a couple of goals.

Also, According to the stats Coughlin played every game while Dixon missed four....
That's actually really interesting. Maybe it was tournament play, but the first time I saw Coughlin I believe was in Whitby. There's a month before that I didn't see any Knights games. The Alliance Faceoff in September for example, he was not present for at all.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Fair. My Roster has 16 players on it. The 4 missing are the Ranger's players. Maybe added last?

The stats aren't always accurate. It's understandable too, sometimes it's hard to keep track. Somethings like games played however is a curious one. Im not sure what to tell you, but I do know he wasn't present for some games... Regular season, or tournament. Coughlin was missing at somepoint.

Edit for example. I kept track of the Don Mills goals in the first game of OHL Cup v YSE. There was a an assist given to Brandt Clark that should have been to Wright. There was also an instance (Of the 6 goals, it's the only one out of order from what I had in my book.) where assists were backwards. Clarke goal from Acuri and Wright, where game sheet stated Wright and Accuri. <--- Not a huge deal here, looks the same on the stats page. Those who watched, know Accuri directly set up Clarke, not Wright.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Fair. My Roster has 16 players on it. The 4 missing are the Ranger's players. Maybe added last?

The stats aren't always accurate. It's understandable too, sometimes it's hard to keep track. Somethings like games played however is a curious one. Im not sure what to tell you, but I do know he wasn't present for some games... Regular season, or tournament. Coughlin was missing at somepoint.

Edit for example. I kept track of the Don Mills goals in the first game of OHL Cup v YSE. There was a an assist given to Brandt Clark that should have been to Wright. There was also an instance (Of the 6 goals, it's the only one out of order from what I had in my book.) where assists were backwards. Clarke goal from Acuri and Wright, where game sheet stated Wright and Accuri. <--- Not a huge deal here, looks the same on the stats page. Those who watched, know Accuri directly set up Clarke, not Wright.

Oh I have no doubt stats are definitely screwed up especially assist stats and especially when they relate to defencemen. Stats don’t tell the whole story about individual players. Games played stats shouldn’t be screwed up!

Although each player posted by the many prospect websites has no doubt been observed at least once, I suspect that they haven’t been seen for a large enough sampling to provide a 100 percent ranking. The websites must rely on some stats. The real true rankings done by OHL Central Scouting will tell the real tale, and I’m willing to bet there will be some huge climbers from rankings and some big fallers. It happens in the NHL as well. The websites like PP do a good job though. I’m just saying they don’t have the same resources as OHL and central scouting.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Great! Seems like we have the Alliance well covered by cd89.

What about HEO and OMHA? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Oh I have no doubt stats are definitely screwed up especially assist stats and especially when they relate to defencemen. Stats don’t tell the whole story about individual players. Games played stats shouldn’t be screwed up!

Although each player posted by the many prospect websites has no doubt been observed at least once, I suspect that they haven’t been seen for a large enough sampling to provide a 100 percent ranking. The websites must rely on some stats. The real true rankings done by OHL Central Scouting will tell the real tale, and I’m willing to bet there will be some huge climbers from rankings and some big fallers. It happens in the NHL as well. The websites like PP do a good job though. I’m just saying they don’t have the same resources as OHL and central scouting.

I agree, they shouldn’t be. That’s why I’m not sure what to say. I personally have watched (live) London, Brantford and Kitchener in 45 games combined. With just over 100 games in Alliance. I realize it’s not all the games, but even scouts won’t watch every game. Enough to get an idea on what the player is all about, and a few spread to see improvement over the year.

That’s also it, OHLCS and ISS don’t release their rankings (they also work for the teams, maybe it’s a team thing) but regardless, teams will also build their own lists because in the end, their opinion on players may still yet differ from someone else’s.

Last edited:

Razor Mac

Mar 22, 2019
I agree, they shouldn’t be. That’s why I’m not sure what to say. I personally have watched (live) London, Brantford and Kitchener in 45 games combined. With just over 100 games in Alliance. I realize it’s not all the games, but even scouts won’t watch every game. Enough to get an idea on what the player is all about, and a few spread to see improvement over the year.

That’s also it, OHLCS and ISS don’t release their rankings (they also work for the teams, maybe it’s a team thing) but regardless, teams will also build their own lists because in the end, their opinion on players may still yet differ from someone else’s.

Snipe0816

Jul 25, 2018
Harrison was by far the best player in alliance. He dominated all season. Losing D'Intino majority of the season put a lot of pressure on him and he responded. My top 15 out of alliance would be...

1.Harrison
2.Greaves
3.McCallum
4.Way
5.Sikic
6.Goure
7.D'Intino
8.Hipkin
9.Callens
10.Hamlin
11.Burke
12.Laforme
13.Bowman
14.Sedley
15.Parsons

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Harrison was by far the best player in alliance. He dominated all season. Losing D'Intino majority of the season put a lot of pressure on him and he responded. My top 15 out of alliance would be...

1.Harrison
2.Greaves
3.McCallum
4.Way
5.Sikic
6.Goure
7.D'Intino
8.Hipkin
9.Callens
10.Hamlin
11.Burke
12.Laforme
13.Bowman
14.Sedley
15.Parsons

I’m interested how high you have Greaves. Would you mind telling me what you’ve seen in him? I haven’t been overly impressed over the games I’ve watched but many still have him high.

I do agree with you in Harrison, he is the best pick from Alliance.

Snipe0816

Jul 25, 2018
I’m interested how high you have Greaves. Would you mind telling me what you’ve seen in him? I haven’t been overly impressed over the games I’ve watched but many still have him high.

I do agree with you in Harrison, he is the best pick from Alliance.

Great skater with good size, great shot and made a good first pass. Played physical down low. His downfall IMO would be tends to rush the puck instead of making the safe play but that could also be due to trying to do too much. Cambridge was a very gritty team, so maybe his skill set stood out more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad