NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I could get behind a core of Ayton-Booker-Russell, though Russell would probably have to find his way as the third scoring option on that team after being the number one option for Brooklyn. I'm not sure how well he'd adjust to that.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I could get behind a core of Ayton-Booker-Russell, though Russell would probably have to find his way as the third scoring option on that team after being the number one option for Brooklyn. I'm not sure how well he'd adjust to that.

I don't think his ego is as fragile as say Kyrie's.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Perfect situation for Phoenix would be if Coby White is still there at 6. Build around White/Booker/Bridges/Ayton.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Leave a beautiful country where he’s built something special and is incredibly respected to go to Washington, DC? Especially around election time in that mess?

His charity is based there but why leave now when you could possibly win again next year? Plus lets just say Kawhi leaves, you can blow the team up and build from scratch. Clean slate, unlike in Washington.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Boston......

- will almost certainly lose Kyrie to free agency
- Lost out on AD
- Aren't really in the Kawhi, KD or Klay conversations
- Still have all those "trade assets" everyone likes to mention, but with nobody to trade for.

Going to be one tough off season. Maybe its time for Danny to step down.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Boston......

- Lost out on AD
- Aren't really in the Kawhi, KD or Klay conversations
- Still have all those "trade assets" everyone likes to mention, but with nobody to trade for.

tatum is the second coming of MJ so they'll be fine

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the Celtics are probably looking at this from the standpoint of "we made the ECF two seasons ago with this team, let's try it again without Kyrie but with Gordon Hayward added and see how we do".

They did take LeBron 7 games, after all.

That said, I do enjoy seeing the Celtics miss out on everything.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This hurts. Miami was #1 on his list when he asked for the trade and I bet they'd be #1 right now as well (unless the Sixers give him the full 5-year max) but they're not even in the conversation because they're currently paying Whiteside, Anderson, J. Johnson, and Waiters a combined $70M.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This hurts. Miami was #1 on his list when he asked for the trade and I bet they'd be #1 right now as well (unless the Sixers give him the full 5-year max) but they're not even in the conversation because they're currently paying Whiteside, Anderson, J. Johnson, and Waiters a combined $70M.

Does he want to get closer to Gab Union?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

It would shock me if Masai left, he achieved his ultimate goal and put in so much hard work, its typical human nature to want to bask in it now that its built... not take off immediately following a historic championship.

Yes, many would say what he built relies on the decision of Kawhi but even in the scenario that Kawhi does leave, this is Masai Ujiri we're talking about, he built the Raptors from nothing and I don't doubt his ability to some way pull some strings and compensate for his potential leaving. Without Kawhi the Raptors are still a playoff team, albeit a middle of the pack one.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I think the Celtics are probably looking at this from the standpoint of "we made the ECF two seasons ago with this team, let's try it again without Kyrie but with Gordon Hayward added and see how we do".

They did take LeBron 7 games, after all.

That said, I do enjoy seeing the Celtics miss out on everything.

Exactly. They lost the series to one player. Not something to write home about.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Boston......

- Lost out on AD

I'm not sure I view these as negative things. Irving's a nice player, but I don't think he and AD are good enough to push a team to a championship. And AD without Irving and without all of the younger talent Ainge has pulled in would be even worse.

I think this summer is an easier summer at this point. Focus on the draft, and plan on next year to be about playing the young guys and seeing how they respond. The summer after that is when I think some harder decisions would need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad