NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pop is calling it quits after next season. The only reason he hasn't retired yet is he's got the Olympics to coach next summer & wants to study every one of the candidates up close & personal.

Speaking of... I don't think he is that petty but imagine if he excludes Kawhi..... :facepalm:
Load management for Kawhi May lead him to request not to play.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
?

How was he a reserve most of his career? He was a reserve during his first tow seasons and he has been a starter on a pretty damn good Pacers team, and their offensive leader when Vic went down.

He fits the team better, that's why they are going after him. They need someone to stretch the floor but can also put the ball on the floor and drive. he is one of the best shooters in the game and this will help stretch the floor for their slashers and Aldridge.
He was a starter his last two seasons in Indiana. He was a reserve his first three seasons in Brooklyn/Washington.

I don't think he fits the team better at all. He and Aldridge in the front court is just asking to get pounded on the glass on a nightly basis.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He was a starter his last two seasons in Indiana. He was a reserve his first three seasons in Brooklyn/Washington.

I don't think he fits the team better at all. He and Aldridge in the front court is just asking to get pounded on the glass on a nightly basis.

I disagree. The Spurs badly need shooting and I think Bojan would be a great fit there. Defense/rebounding might be an issue but it's not like DeRozan is a good defensive player. I think ideally Bojan plays SF with Poeltl and Aldridge up front and potentially the best defensive backcourt in the league in White and Murray. Bojan wasn't great in the playoffs but he was also being asked to do way too much with Oladipo out. He should probably be the third option in an offense.

Even if you take Bojan out of the equation, moving DeRozan makes sense if he really is looking for a big extension this summer. I don't think you want to be tied to him and his style of play heading into his mid 30's because his entire offensive game is built around the mid-range and getting to the line. Not only is he a poor three point shooter but he also went back to barely taking them this past season. In 77 games he was 7-45 (16%) from three this season, which just can't happen in today's NBA unless you're making up for it in a big way in other areas (Bojan was 43% on 386 3PA). Getting a decent young piece or two for him and then using some of his money on Bojan or a different shooter would be a win IMO.

Reactions: Ivan13

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I disagree. The Spurs badly need shooting and I think Bojan would be a great fit there. Defense/rebounding might be an issue but it's not like DeRozan is a good defensive player. I think ideally Bojan plays SF with Poeltl and Aldridge up front and potentially the best defensive backcourt in the league in White and Murray. Bojan wasn't great in the playoffs but he was also being asked to do way too much with Oladipo out. He should probably be the third option in an offense.

Even if you take Bojan out of the equation, moving DeRozan makes sense if he really is looking for a big extension this summer. I don't think you want to be tied to him and his style of play heading into his mid 30's because his entire offensive game is built around the mid-range and getting to the line. Not only is he a poor three point shooter but he also went back to barely taking them this past season. In 77 games he was 7-45 (16%) from three this season, which just can't happen in today's NBA unless you're making up for it in a big way in other areas (Bojan was 43% on 386 3PA). Getting a decent young piece or two for him and then using some of his money on Bojan or a different shooter would be a win IMO.
I don't disagree that the Spurs should move on from DeRozan, I just don't think Bogdanovic is the guy they should look to spend that potential money on.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Durant should take his $31 million option with GS. They may offer him a max deal, but I hope the other teams are too smart to do that. No one has ever come back 100% from this injury.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Durant should take his $31 million option with GS. They may offer him a max deal, but I hope the other teams are too smart to do that. No one has ever come back 100% from this injury.

There's a whole lot of teams who have never had a player the calibre of KD or haven't for a very long time who will never even sniff getting a player of that magnitude unless they win the lottery and even then most years a prospect the calibre of KD is not going to be available. The injury is obviously a big risk, but Durant is such an elite player that I think many teams would line up to take the risk because the potential reward is so extreme.

With the names available this off-season, there's also a lot of pressure on many teams to secure an elite name. If you strike out on a Leonard or Irving or trading for AD, the incentive to sign KD to give your fans that big name signing strengthens.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kyrie signing with Jay-Z's agency a few weeks before free agency when the Nets will have two max slots? Must be a coincidence.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Celtics kill the Nets in the Pierce/KG trade..... but now the Nets are in pole position to take their best player away & were nearly as good as them this season. :laugh:

Reactions: HisIceness

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Man I really hate the media. I know Woj is just doing his job but that report went up less than five seconds after the final buzzer.

Reactions: Voight

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Man I really hate the media. I know Woj is just doing his job but that report went up less than five seconds after the final buzzer.
Agreed. The offer doesn't make sense either. With Wall's max deal escalating every year, they can't win w/o dumping his contract. Same with Chris Paul and the Rockets.

After this final won by a team with no lottery picks, maybe fans will start realizing that champs are built by drafting picks 4-30 intelligently. Anyone can draft picks 1-3.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Masai ain’t leaving. They’ll pay him whatever they need

He’s built this team. If we re-sign Kawhi this could be the start of Raptor dominance in the East with LeBron gone.

Honestly, why would he even want to go to the States in the current climate when he’s a hero in Canada?

Reactions: Peiskos and Voight

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Masai ain’t leaving. They’ll pay him whatever they need. He’s built this team. If we re-sign Kawhi this could be the start of Raptor dominance in the East with LeBron gone. Honestly, why would he even want to go to the States in the current climate when he’s a hero in Canada?
Agreed. He's the Olujuwon of GMs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Agreed. He's the Olujuwon of GMs.

Leave a beautiful country where he’s built something special and is incredibly respected to go to Washington, DC? Especially around election time in that mess?

Reactions: Wrigley

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leave a beautiful country where he’s built something special and is incredibly respected to go to Washington, DC? Especially around election time in that mess?

And even more so a potential back to back situation, also with Kahwi lol he isn’t leaving either, he’ll be here for another season minimum.

Reactions: Wrigley

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why would Masai leave? Easy. There's going to be an opportunity for him to take an ownership stake of the Wizards moving forward if he accepts that deal, something he will never get the opportunity to do with the Raptors.

No doubt about it the Raptors are the better situation from a managerial and organizational standpoint, but from a financial standpoint being given the opportunity to get an ownership stake does not come often.

As for the Brooklyn Nets, I just have one question: why? Why are you targeting Kyrie Irving when D'Angelo Russell did what he did last season? Wouldn't you rather build around the 23 year old instead of the 27 year old with supposed knee issues?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Why would Masai leave? Easy. There's going to be an opportunity for him to take an ownership stake of the Wizards moving forward if he accepts that deal, something he will never get the opportunity to do with the Raptors.

No doubt about it the Raptors are the better situation from a managerial and organizational standpoint, but from a financial standpoint being given the opportunity to get an ownership stake does not come often.

As for the Brooklyn Nets, I just have one question: why? Why are you targeting Kyrie Irving when D'Angelo Russell did what he did last season? Wouldn't you rather build around the 23 year old instead of the 27 year old with supposed knee issues?

Raptors as an organization would no doubt match the salary he’d get in Washington or at least come very close to it. Idk is it possible he leaves? Sure but I think Masai isn’t ready to leave Toronto immediately after he achieved glory here.

Reactions: Wrigley and Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Raptors as an organization would no doubt match the salary he’d get in Washington or at least come very close to it. Idk is it possible he leaves? Sure but I think Masai isn’t ready to leave Toronto immediately after he achieved glory here.
I don't think the reported salary of 10M will get Masai to leave because Toronto will easily match that. It's the fact that the Wizards are prepared to offer him an opportunity to acquire ownership equity - something I don't believe the Raptors would ever do for Masai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad