NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

"Chris (Paul) wants to coach James (Harden)," a source familiar with the stars' dynamic said. "James looks at him like, 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'"

lmao.

both deserve their fair share of blame though much of their failure the past two years was juts bad luck (missed calls, 27 missed 3s in a row, CP3s injuries etc) but they are probably tied at hip bc of pauls contract. better figure it out.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not sure I view these as negative things. Irving's a nice player, but I don't think he and AD are good enough to push a team to a championship. And AD without Irving and without all of the younger talent Ainge has pulled in would be even worse.

I think this summer is an easier summer at this point. Focus on the draft, and plan on next year to be about playing the young guys and seeing how they respond. The summer after that is when I think some harder decisions would need to be made.

Losing a top PG is bad no matter how you want to spin it. He + AD along with some of the guys they'd still have after an AD trade would make them the best team (on paper) in the east. For a team that has one title in the last 30 years, you should take these types of risks.

Especially after all the talk of their "war chest" of assets and being connected to Butler (twice), PG, Kawhi & Davis. They've done zilch.

They kind of played the young guys this year and let them do their thing, none really developed all that much. Tatum is good but not what they expected him to be at this point.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Losing a top PG is bad no matter how you want to spin it. He + AD along with some of the guys they'd still have after an AD trade would make them the best team (on paper) in the east. For a team that has one title in the last 30 years, you should take these types of risks.

Especially after all the talk of their "war chest" of assets and being connected to Butler (twice), PG, Kawhi & Davis. They've done zilch.

They kind of played the young guys this year and let them do their thing, none really developed all that much. Tatum is good but not what they expected him to be at this point.

they blew it by saving assets for AD trade and not goin after butler, PG and the claw. and those assets have also depreciated in value quite a bit. but they can't take the risk of trading the kitchen sink for AD anymore when kyrie is pretty much gone.

Reactions: Voight

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

They were supposed to be a great team this year on paper. After the AD trade, I'd have still placed them behind Milwaukee, Philly, and Toronto this past season.

And they didn't really play the young guys this year and let them "do their thing." That was part of the issue this year, as players were pushed into smaller roles to accommodate vets (such as this point guard they are likely to lose).

The Celtics mistake hasn't been hanging onto assets, it's going to end up being bringing in Heyward and Irving.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure I view these as negative things. Irving's a nice player, but I don't think he and AD are good enough to push a team to a championship. And AD without Irving and without all of the younger talent Ainge has pulled in would be even worse.

I think this summer is an easier summer at this point. Focus on the draft, and plan on next year to be about playing the young guys and seeing how they respond. The summer after that is when I think some harder decisions would need to be made.
I think that Boston would have tried to pull the trigger on AD if they knew that Kyrie was going to re-sign, and if AD gave them any hope of re-signing with them.

Since neither are the case, I don't think Boston is too upset at missing out on AD.

Reactions: Winger98

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Conley would be a great fit on the Jazz. They need someone who can create and help Mitchell.

It'd be smart for the Grizzlies to get something for him now as well. It's hard to say what his value will be but they should get at least a 1st round pick for him. It wouldn't be high so the Grizzlies would probably want more than just the one pick.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Lowry out here pulling an Ovie. Neither of them seemed to have let go of the trophy for even one second since the nights they won it LOL. Gotta love these guys :thumbu:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

lmao.

both deserve their fair share of blame though much of their failure the past two years was juts bad luck (missed calls, 27 missed 3s in a row, CP3s injuries etc) but they are probably tied at hip bc of pauls contract. better figure it out.

I dont know if I'd call missing 27 straight 3's bad luck..... seems like a stretch.

Morey has 0 room to move. Harden is making mega millions (which is fine, he earned it) but while I guess they couldnt just let CP3 walk, that contract was going to be a problem from day one. There is nothing they can do to improve, I dont know how he thinks hes going to get a 3rd star.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Should have thought about that before you signed a deal that was clearly going to be un tradeable.

Funny he told them to choose between him and Harden like that was a hard choice :laugh:

There is 0 chance they get rid of this UNLESS they include someone like Capela who might be of interest to a rebuilding team with tons of cap room. But I doubt it.

I remember the articles linking CP3 to Houston, saying how Harden was really recruiting him hard and they were going to do everything possible to team up.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wonder where CP3 ends up. The guy's a great talent but he's an enigma and that contract is a big deterrent anyway, won't be easy to move.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know how they get off that contract. His play fell off across the board both in the regular season and playoffs. That's not a good sign for an older, smaller, and already injury prone guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad