NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I'm telling you that Leonard is not going to re-sign w ith Toronto. Why would he.

"He can make a name for himself in the east"

Most of the talent remains in the West though including LeBron

Durant maybe goes East. Kyrie could go West. Kyrie, Zion, Leonard and LeBron on the Lakers. Mercy. :eek:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God I'd love to watch Durant and Kyrie go to NYC like the rumors are saying.

Those two mental midgets would get eaten alive by that media

Reactions: WillNy29

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
my predictions

KD-NY
Kawhi-LAC
Kyrie-LAC
Walker-NY. but something tells me he could end up on the lakers
Klay-GS
Butler-PHI

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
NBA salary structure and free agency is a joke.
No way guys like Tobias Harris should get paid similar to Durant or Irving.
This whole max contract deals and players wanting to join super teams has messsed up the landscape.
Harris may re-sign with Philly for a lot of cash.
I would bet that the Pelicans and Hornets would offer more.

Reactions: Voight

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I don't understand why anyone would want to play for that god awful franchise aka the Knicks. I think KD either goes somewhere like LAC or maybe Miami, while Kawhi is a lock for LAC and Klay is gonna be a Warriors as well. Boogie is the interesting case since it'll be tough for him to get the max deal given his injury history the last 1.5 years.

Reactions: Wrigley and Voight

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want to play for that god awful franchise aka the Knicks. I think KD either goes somewhere like LAC or maybe Miami, while Kawhi is a lock for LAC and Klay is gonna be a Warriors as well. Boogie is the interesting case since it'll be tough for him to get the max deal given his injury history the last 1.5 years.

Nobody is going to the Knicks, I think it's wishful thinking from long suffering fans lol.

If KD comes off the books, I figure Boogie stays in Golden State.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Nobody is going to the Knicks, I think it's wishful thinking from long suffering fans lol.

If KD comes off the books, I figure Boogie stays in Golden State.
Realistically suggesting that multiple superstars in the prime of their careers are actually gonna "team up" and sign with that laughing stock franchise known as the Knicks is just as delusional as the long suffering Leafs fans a few years ago who actually believed that they could land Doughty and Stamkos LOL

And yea I agree, I think Boogie will sign another 1-yr deal with GSW if KD really decides to leave, and in that case, if Boogie returns to full strength next year and the Warriors use the remaining $ on improving their bench depth, I can definitely see them as title favorites once again

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Durant to the Knicks makes plenty of sense. The other max contract could be either Walker or Irving. Other Knick options are Tobias Harris and Butler.
I would say Cousins is a long shot unless he agrees to a reduced deal. To me
Durant and Kemba would be ideal.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Realistically suggesting that multiple superstars in the prime of their careers are actually gonna "team up" and sign with that laughing stock franchise known as the Knicks is just as delusional as the long suffering Leafs fans a few years ago who actually believed that they could land Doughty and Stamkos LOL

And yea I agree, I think Boogie will sign another 1-yr deal with GSW if KD really decides to leave, and in that case, if Boogie returns to full strength next year and the Warriors use the remaining $ on improving their bench depth, I can definitely see them as title favorites once again
You are going to be proven wrong this year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Players simply dont want to play for Dolan. He's a control freak and all around arse, he treats his ex players like crap and cant even take a little heckling from paying fans. Remember when the Knicks were the favorites to land the Miami 3? Lolz they got Stoudemire. Then they gave away all their depth for Melo, who wanted to live in NYC more than he cared to play for the Knicks. So its not like he said "I want to play for the Knicks..." - he wanted to live in NY year round.

Then there was the time he took the biggest contract possible and killed any chance his team had at signing a 2nd star.

Reactions: Wrigley

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Knicks will miss the biggest names and end up blowing their wad on someone like Harris and then overspending on someone else because they missed out on all the big names.

They'll have some decent start, all the Knicks fans will be boasting about how it's their year, they're returning to the playoffs. Then they'll fade out and be trash as usual.

Hopefully Jimmy goes there because it will be hilarious.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ummm can you say tampering?

but its not the lakers so lol @ thinking the league will do anything

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->