NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lmao. Down go the Celtics from here on out.

Also heard on NBA Radio today Justin Termine mention that the Pelicans are interested in Bradley Beal, and would put the #4 pick + other picks in play to attain him.

Reactions: Voight and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Celtics deserve this with how arrogant the team and the fans have been acting over the last few years. Credit where credit is due because no doubt they made some really smart moves. However, the non-stop talking **** and rubbing it in the faces of the Nets, Cavs, Sixers, etc was a bit much.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kings will give him good money, verify @Clowe Me
They have to spend since they were already at the floor before Barnes declined, but I hope they don't go crazy throwing it at Harrison. He's a decent player, but a complementary one.

I'd rather they just backed up the truck to Vucevic.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Lmao. Down go the Celtics from here on out.

Also heard on NBA Radio today Justin Termine mention that the Pelicans are interested in Bradley Beal, and would put the #4 pick + other picks in play to attain him.
Aladyyn on HFBoards today mentioned that the Wizards are not interested in trading Bradley Beal, considering they still don't have a GM and this draft is complete trash.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
They have to spend since they were already at the floor before Barnes declined, but I hope they don't go crazy throwing it at Harrison. He's a decent player, but a complementary one. I'd rather they just backed up the truck to Vucevic.
Agreed, but if they give $25 mil to a guy who averaged 16, 4, and 1 it would be pretty funny.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

My conspiracy theory is that they did plan on making an offer to Ujiri until his scuffle with the police officer. True or not, can't have that kind of record on an executive coming into Washington DC.

Fate keeps Masai and the Raps together.

Reactions: Voight

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So many moving pieces right now.

KD, Kawhi, Butler, Kyrie, Horford, Russell, Beal, Walker, Paul, Conley, Wiggins.

This summer is going to be absolutely ridiculous. Looking forward to it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Idk if Horford will get $30 mil next year.

He wanted term, which I believe the Celts didnt want to give much of. He's looking for 4 years, secure his financial future. Or could be leaving the Titanic as its sinking.

The Celtics deserve this with how arrogant the team and the fans have been acting over the last few years. Credit where credit is due because no doubt they made some really smart moves. However, the non-stop talking **** and rubbing it in the faces of the Nets, Cavs, Sixers, etc was a bit much.

It was tiring hearing about this "war chest" of assets for the last 356 years only for them to not trade for anyone (Thank God). "Trader Danny" was linked to every free agent / star who wanted out, yet got zilch. (Yes he signed Hayward but that was entirely due to Brad Stevens being the coach.)

Hilarious they rob CLE of Kyrie and its the Cavs who make the finals. Now they are going to lose him and really have nothing to show for it. They use poor IT for all he's worth, now he may not even have a job next season yet it looks like karma is catching up to them. The cherry on top if going to be if the Nets are better than them next season after being pillaged of their draft picks.

What bad luck? Haywards injury was almost 2 years ago. They hookwinked the Sixers into taking Fultz. They got Kyrie for peanuts, worked IT to the bone and killed BK in the Pierce/KG trade. They have had nothing but good fortune.

it was always a smokescreen

Masai would never leave Toronto for a tire fire in DC

Take out Wall's contract and its a lot more appealing.

Oh well, too bad.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
damn you guys have no faith in jayson tatum aka mj 2.0 to lead boston to the finals?

i mean him and jaylen brown are basically jordan and pippen

Reactions: Voight

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
damn you guys have no faith in jayson tatum aka mj 2.0 to lead boston to the finals?

i mean him and jaylen brown are basically jordan and pippen

Wow - you sure are edgy and cool. :clap: If you're any older than 12 you really should be embarrassed by how you act on this board but I'm guessing you probably aren't.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Wow - you sure are edgy and cool. :clap: If you're any older than 12 you really should be embarrassed by how you act on this board but I'm guessing you probably aren't.

oh look someone's salty as usual. how's the celtics offseason going?

UnsteadyEthicalFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Only way I see CP3 leaving.

1) Rebuilding team is super desperate to sell some jerseys and fill the stands, still unlikely as he clogs up the cap sheet for 3 more years at an absurd number
2) Rockets include a ton of picks, however those picks wont be very high, even with just Harden they will be a playoff contender as long as he plays at an elite level
3) They go super desperate mode and include Capela.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

1) Rebuilding team is super desperate to sell some jerseys and fill the stands, still unlikely as he clogs up the cap sheet for 3 more years at an absurd number
2) Rockets include a ton of picks, however those picks wont be very high, even with just Harden they will be a playoff contender as long as he plays at an elite level

I think he'll be traded for a contract that's similarly horrible (Wiggins/Hayward). I also read that there are scenarios where Miami could trade for him and still have a max slot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't think including Capela will entice teams for Paul. He was bad last season, but seems tailor made for the Rockets' system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad