NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't think the reported salary of 10M will get Masai to leave because Toronto will easily match that. It's the fact that the Wizards are prepared to offer him an opportunity to acquire ownership equity - something I don't believe the Raptors would ever do for Masai.

Does Masai wanna leave tho? I Mean he did bring the team a 'chip so the main goal is completed. I did read earlier this year that DC would be a place he'd consider because he wants to expand his charitable stuff he does in Africa.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
With Golden State falling apart with injuries, things suddenly look much better for Lebron next year. If they can pull off the Anthony Davis trade, the Lakers have to be favorites to come out of the West.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
With Golden State falling apart with injuries, things suddenly look much better for Lebron next year. If they can pull off the Anthony Davis trade, the Lakers have to be favorites to come out of the West.
Agreed. Vegas has the Lakers and Clippers as top 6 favorites to win it all.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
I don't think the reported salary of 10M will get Masai to leave because Toronto will easily match that. It's the fact that the Wizards are prepared to offer him an opportunity to acquire ownership equity - something I don't believe the Raptors would ever do for Masai.
Please post a link about the Wizards offering him ownership.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

That doesnt surprise me. The Clippers were always the top contender, question is if this run has changed anything for Kawhi to stay. Ordinary I'd say winning a championship would be enough and having an entire country go head over heels for you is also enticing. But Kawhi is someone who likely doesn't care about any of that.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
John Stockton
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Carlos Boozer
Rajon Rando
Danny Granger
Monta Ellis
David West
Zach Randolph
Gilbert Arenas
Kyle Kuzma

The Raptors had no lottery picks on their team. Intelligently drafting non-lottery players such as them and the players listed above leads to talent.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Wizards are a worse job than the Raptors even if Kawhi leaves. Your first order of business is likely trading Beal and still having one of the worst contracts in the NBA on your roster. I'd have faith in Masai eventually fixing that mess but it won't be easy.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Funny how fate works.

Yesterday night Woj breaks a story about the Wizards preparing a huge offer for Masai. And Woj is basically the Bob McKenzie of the NBA.

Then Masai gets into the incident with the police officer and the next day, the story is that there is no offer being prepared.

Raps and Masai are destined to be together for a while yet...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Funny how fate works.

Yesterday night Woj breaks a story about the Wizards preparing a huge offer for Masai. And Woj is basically the Bob McKenzie of the NBA.

Then Masai gets into the incident with the police officer and the next day, the story is that there is no offer being prepared.

Raps and Masai are destined to be together for a while yet...
That police story seems overblown. Sheriff was doing his job but how in the heck down the raptors gm not have the right credentials? Key word being right from the story. Did he get 2 different credentials and forget the one somewhere or did he not receive the proper credentials?

Masai however should not be pushing an officer doing his job.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That police story seems overblown. Sheriff was doing his job but how in the heck down the raptors gm not have the right credentials? Key word being right from the story. Did he get 2 different credentials and forget the one somewhere or did he not receive the proper credentials?

Masai however should not be pushing an officer doing his job.

There's a report that a fan who witnessed the incident said that Masai didn't push the officer at all and that the PD are lying about it to save face.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So basically the Warriors reign of terror is halted for a year since those guys will almost likely to be back to the regular selves in 2020. Fun.

In a related story with the news about Kyrie and now KD, the Knicks have once again struck out on every big name they coveted.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel for Russel. He had such a great year and made the Nets fin to watch and now he is getting shipped out of town

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wouldn't mind seeing Russell in Indiana paired with Oladipo. Boy would that be a fun back court to watch.

Also lol @ Chris Paul. Sure, ask out. But you won't find a better situation than the one in Houston, because no team with Championship aspirations is going to want that guy at his age and his contractual obligations remaining.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If the Nets sign Kyrie and renounce Russell's rights then the Suns make a lot of sense. They might have to make a smaller move or two or just renounce their own free agents to make it work but they badly need a PG. Russell and Booker are also really good friends so that could help with their pitch. They might be one of the worst defensive back courts in the league but they'd be fun to watch at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->