Speculation: 2019 offseason thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You have to bet $130 doallars to win $100 is what the -130 means.

So if Fro bet $130 on the over and the BJ had 89 pts, he would make $100.

Do I understand it right that the bookies or whoever sets the bar at 83 pts, which is initially an even odds bet, but as people make bets the value goes up or down? And presumably if it's $130 to win $100 then that means that more people have put money on the over so far?

Also is there a way to calculate what the implicit even bet is now, if it's above 83 pts?

Also, just to make sure I'm getting it right, I'm presuming you get $100 winnings and the $130 back? And if you lose the bet you lose the $130?

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Turns out Jarmo wasn't playing this past summer - after his efforts to bring Panarin back fell short, turns out he presented an offer sheet to Marner.
CBJ were one of 2 teams to make an offer: Minnesota was the other.

Would be interesting to know what the CBJ offer was.
I think this means despite all of the happy talk about surprising people for the upcoming season, Jarmo knows we're going to struggle scoring goals this year. He tried for Gusev and struck out. Now he's offered Marner and I wouldn't be surprised if he's offered Laine or Connor from the Jets. Jarmo knows we need top end scoring.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think this means despite all of the happy talk about surprising people for the upcoming season, Jarmo knows we're going to struggle scoring goals this year. He tried for Gusev and struck out. Now he's offered Marner and I wouldn't be surprised if he's offered Laine or Connor from the Jets. Jarmo knows we need top end scoring.

As Jarmo has said (and done) MANY times in the past, he will improve the team any chance he can when the situation presents itself.

NOBODY says the team couldn't use a HIGH END player added to the roster. Same thing what was said before Panarin was added. What team wouldn't like to add a top line player? However, do not confuse use with need.

The games, long term Murray-Jones pairing and the Reign of Joonas can not start up sooooooon enough.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Sportsbetting.ag has the Jackets at 84.5 points with -110 over/under

+1400 to win the Metro

+5000 to win Stanley Cup

Yikes

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

"Tried and struck out" is apparently what it's called when you decide not to acquire a player because he isn't worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder to you.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How do you know what Jarmo thought Gusev was and wasn't worth?

If Jarmo thought Gusev was worth a 2nd + 3rd (or the equivalent), how do we have a situation where Jarmo and Vegas can't come together on a price, and then Vegas sells Gusev for a 2nd + 3rd to New Jersey?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys. Oilers fan here. How much interest do you have for Caleb Jones, Seth's brother? He played in the NHL last year and looked really solid, playing at a 30 point pace. The issue is that he is low on the depth chart on the left side, behind Nurse, Klefbom, Russell, and eventually Broberg and Samorukov.

How much would we have to add to land Borkstrand?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jarmo - Now offersheet Laine! Lockerroom-issues in Winnipeg, Laine disappointed in role and calling out Maurice in Finnish media. Now,s the time! 5yrs/8,5-9,5M - Get it done. :D

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hi guys. Oilers fan here. How much interest do you have for Caleb Jones, Seth's brother? He played in the NHL last year and looked really solid, playing at a 30 point pace. The issue is that he is low on the depth chart on the left side, behind Nurse, Klefbom, Russell, and eventually Broberg and Samorukov.

I understand Edmonton's thought but Columbus is supposed to trade a high potential breakout offensive player when they need offense for yet another defenseman because hes someones brother? Its not good and its not close

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa

The Jackets aren't really in a position to be trading forwards for defensemen right now, much less speculative prospect defensemen. The only way I can see someone like Bjorkstrand getting traded is for a genuine superstar forward.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

No interest in either:

-Trading for another dman (we have 9 NHL D on the roster right now)
-Trading Bjorkstrand

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Jarmo - Now offersheet Laine! Lockerroom-issues in Winnipeg, Laine disappointed in role and calling out Maurice in Finnish media. Now,s the time! 5yrs/8,5-9,5M - Get it done. :D

Don’t have the compensation for that exact deal. We’d have to do 5x$10.6M (or more), 6x$8.8M (or more) or 7x$7.6M (or more). I loved that we went after Marner (even if only a bit). Not sure if any of the guys left are worth the combo cap hit and 4 first round pick loss (though I think if you’re a playoff team all 4 years, that’s really overrated). Maybe Point but I think TB would match pretty much anything. Probably wouldn’t complain (and secretly deep down like it) if we were able to sign Laine for something like $9Mx6 though.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Laine wants to play with "top players, stars, the best ones" .. I'm not sure Jackets has enough star power for this prima donna.

Reactions: CPTN71

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
Laine wants to play with "top players, stars, the best ones" .. I'm not sure Jackets has enough star power for this prima donna.

This was my thought process on as well. Cam is good, but he is underrated in the league, and Dubois is still coming in to himself. I don't see him being happy with that line, even though its a very solid line. I would be happy to have him on their left side, but not if it amounts to any drama. Nothing is worth that right now after last season.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Posted this in the Laine thread on the mains:

If we can recoup some picks from Ottawa (2020 and '21 2nd) and Toronto (2020 3rd), we could pull off an offer sheet. I'd have to imagine Jarmo has had conversations with Dorian and Dubas to get those picks back now that the threat of a Marner OS is off the table.

I'd offer Toronto Milano for that third, and to Ottawa a guy like Nutivaara+prospect for those picks, then offer Laine a 6x8.75M deal. Compensation would be two firsts, a second, and a third. Would Winnipeg match?

Laine-Dubois-Atkinson
Nyquist-Texier-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Wennberg-Nash-Bemstrom

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Gavrikov-Kukan/Harrington

Reactions: Easternbull

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Posted this in the Laine thread on the mains:

If we can recoup some picks from Ottawa (2020 and '21 2nd) and Toronto (2020 3rd), we could pull off an offer sheet. I'd have to imagine Jarmo has had conversations with Dorian and Dubas to get those picks back now that the threat of a Marner OS is off the table.

I'd offer Toronto Milano for that third, and to Ottawa a guy like Nutivaara+prospect for those picks, then offer Laine a 6x8.75M deal. Compensation would be two firsts, a second, and a third. Would Winnipeg match?

So we want to trade around prospects/roster players, during training camp, to get back picks on the outside chance we can make an offer sheet that won't get matched? One of those players being Nutivaara. No thanks. It's out of the box to be sure, but not really in the realm of realistic.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

We've got an even bigger LD depth situation than Edmonton does, and in a Bjorkstrand deal CJones would be a throw-in, not the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad