Speculation: 2019 offseason thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
848F1D52-7C4D-42BE-94B9-18401FDB8E30.jpeg
Isn’t it about time the jackets have a jersey refresh ? Maybe move towards the cannon as a primary with those colors , instead of the initial color palette that resembles the rangers . I think if the organization is going to stress the blue jacket identity , it would have been a good time .
If we’re going to change logos I’d like to suggest a different direction.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Jerseys are fine the way they are, no need to change anything.
However, if they are awarded an outdoor game (which I feel could happen soon), we'd see a new jersey then.
That being said, next season is the 20th anniversary of the CBJ, so I could see something in the way of a commemorative patch.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Man, I gotta say our division looks legit scary now.

NYR and NJD were trash last season but their additions have been immense. Both teams now have crazy fire power.

The rest of the division with the exception of the Flyers were a force in the league.

Going to be a tough year for us.

Our offense looks the worst in the division on paper.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Man, I gotta say our division looks legit scary now.

NYR and NJD were trash last season but their additions have been immense. Both teams now have crazy fire power.

The rest of the division with the exception of the Flyers were a force in the league.

Going to be a tough year for us.

Our offense looks the worst in the division on paper.

I think people forget how thin the Rangers are. Yes they're adding Panarin and Kakko, but they also just subtracted Hayes and Zuccarello, two guys who were great for them last year. Their 5th through 12th forwards are possibly the worst group in the league, them or the Oilers.

I think the Jackets offense should be better. Hell, centers, our weakest spot, is still probably better than the Rangers. They have Zibby followed by some combination of Ryan Strome, Chytil, Andersson, and Howden. None of those guys are even close to 2C quality.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jerseys are fine the way they are, no need to change anything.
However, if they are awarded an outdoor game (which I feel could happen soon), we'd see a new jersey then.
That being said, next season is the 20th anniversary of the CBJ, so I could see something in the way of a commemorative patch.

Reactions: CPTN71

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have $100 on is to win metro at 40/1....let's go!

As a rule, I don't bet, but honestly that's a great bet. At those odds I really want to put money in.

Even with somewhat pessimistic expectations, it's not inconceivable that enough random stuff goes right that the Jackets end up with 100 pts. And which Metro team is guaranteed to top that? None of them. It's possible that there's 5 teams up close to 99 or 100 pts, sort of like the top group in the Central last year (St. Louis, Winnipeg, and Nashville).

Dom's median expectation for the Jackets is just under 90 pts, and he still gives us a 5% chance of winning the division. If I understand it right, that's twice the chance implied by 40/1 odds.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Turns out Jarmo wasn't playing this past summer - after his efforts to bring Panarin back fell short, turns out he presented an offer sheet to Marner.
CBJ were one of 2 teams to make an offer: Minnesota was the other.

Would be interesting to know what the CBJ offer was.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Turns out Jarmo wasn't playing this past summer - after his efforts to bring Panarin back fell short, turns out he presented an offer sheet to Marner.
CBJ were one of 2 teams to make an offer: Minnesota was the other.

Would be interesting to know what the CBJ offer was.

The reports we had earlier in the summer were that Jarmo tried to get Marner to do a long term deal (7 years?) and Marner's camp only wanted to sign a somewhat shorter one (5 years?). The Jackets would have been on the hook for 4 1st rounders so a medium term deal like that wasn't pursued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad