May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Legit my face if we were to sign Maroon too

tenor.gif

The salt is gonna amazing if it was to happen

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just for the record, I don't think size matters either when we're talking about individual players, but I do think it matters when your entire team is that small. We got absolutely dominated up front by a bigger, stronger Columbus team and we didn't have anyone to counter it. When the refs start letting things go and the bigger guys can throw their weight around a bit more and not be punished for it, a bunch of 190lb speed guys isn't going to get it done.

I'm honestly a bit concerned about how this team is constructed.

PS: This isn't cause Erne is gone. Erne didn't do anything with his weight anyway. Neither did Miller. You gotta use it effectively and not just have it. Having a guy who's 6'4 220 doesn't matter if he's a cupcake.
Anderson was disruptive because he was hitting our big D and was excellent on the forecheck, and the BJs were disciplined as hell in the NZ.

I still don't think size is an issue. We outhit them big time in that series.

And I also don't really see the difference if a guy is 195 and hitting you versus 201.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Stamkos Cirelli Killorn

Gourde Point Kuch

Palat Johnson Jospeh

Volkov Paquette Stephens

This is what I would like to see as the starting 12. Obv line combos will get changed.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
If Volkov takes a spot, it's gotta be a top 6 spot. I don't think he can fit a grinding role.

Stamkos-Cirelli-Volkov
Johnson-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Joseph-Verhaeghe
Palat-Paquette-Martel

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Said it before and I will EVERY time this name comes up; Maroon is a "Cujo" type player. You do not know which personality he is going to have from one game to the next, let alone for an entire season. He had tons of incentive playing at home last season and he did well. Unless he opts to make the highly doubtful family move to Tampa Bay, he will have that distraction should he sign here. When he is motivated, I would welcome him to the organization. If he is going to be the Maroon that we saw more often than not in Syracuse when he was younger and have seen several times in the NHL, no way in heck do I want him to cause a CANCER to the morale of this team.
Due to CAP issues, our time for a Cup with this group is getting shorter; do we really want to take a chance on losing another year of opportunity by signing a potential fourth line head case to cause hate and discontent?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Said it before and I will EVERY time this name comes up; Maroon is a "Cujo" type player. You do not know which personality he is going to have from one game to the next, let alone for an entire season. He had tons of incentive playing at home last season and he did well. Unless he opts to make the highly doubtful family move to Tampa Bay, he will have that distraction should he sign here. When he is motivated, I would welcome him to the organization. If he is going to be the Maroon that we saw more often than not in Syracuse when he was younger and have seen several times in the NHL, no way in heck do I want him to cause a CANCER to the morale of this team.
Due to CAP issues, our time for a Cup with this group is getting shorter; do we really want to take a chance on losing another year of opportunity by signing a potential fourth line head case to cause hate and discontent?

If there is any doubt about any of that I doubt we would bring him on board. I think if we make any more moves it will be at or before the deadline imo. I think we go with what we have now to camp. See if there are some rooks who can stick.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Just for the record, I don't think size matters either when we're talking about individual players, but I do think it matters when your entire team is that small. We got absolutely dominated up front by a bigger, stronger Columbus team and we didn't have anyone to counter it. When the refs start letting things go and the bigger guys can throw their weight around a bit more and not be punished for it, a bunch of 190lb speed guys isn't going to get it done.

I'm honestly a bit concerned about how this team is constructed.

PS: This isn't cause Erne is gone. Erne didn't do anything with his weight anyway. Neither did Miller. You gotta use it effectively and not just have it. Having a guy who's 6'4 220 doesn't matter if he's a cupcake.
I share your concern about how this team is constructed and I also agree that neither Miller or Erne were a massive physical presence compared to power forwards like Wilson or Anderson. But you are looking at just one side of the equation… dishing out the hits. It is the other side of the equation – taking the hits – that bites us in the playoffs when the whistles are swallowed. No matter how tough our small forwards like Gourde are, eventually the laws of physics rule. I go back to the WSH series where our forwards literally got pounded into submission, not because they were mentally soft, but because of the cumulative effect of getting hit by guys 40lbs heavier repeatedly. To deny that it is a factor is just not logical. Heavier players like Brian Boyle, Miller, etc., even though they aren’t big hitters are much better able to withstand the hits. Size/weight does matter.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Maroon is a pretty similar player to Erne just a bit better. If we wanted someone like that we wouldn’t have traded Erne.

We don’t need size either. If Vasy plays average, Hedman is at 100% and we don’t choke the first game giving Columbus the mental advantage then we are the ones doing the sweeping.

You people remind me of Jim Rutherford with the way Wilson is still living in your head.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Maroon is a pretty similar player to Erne just a bit better. If we wanted someone like that we wouldn’t have traded Erne.

We don’t need size either. If Vasy plays average, Hedman is at 100% and we don’t choke the first game giving Columbus the mental advantage then we are the ones doing the sweeping.

You people remind me of Jim Rutherford with the way Wilson is still living in your head.

:laugh:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

o_O?

Reactions: Fudge

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Guys, it's worth noting if literally everything about our game was different in the playoffs, we would have had a different outcome.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bump that Maroon talk. Only move I want to happen now is Point getting signed. Anything else is going to be an annoyance.

That's where I'm at. We took a flyer on Shattenkirk. I'm fine with that. Now we'll have some fresh blood in the form of rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad