Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Might actually be Erne with a deal in place, but we can't have Erne's contract take us to 50 with Point left unsigned.

I agree that the Shattenkirk signing means we're pretty confident about where Point will land, but I doubt it's done.

You could be right but it's good for all of us to be this confident in the process these days as opposed to sitting on tacks with Stamkos. I'm curious to if we are going to try to move out another contract with Dom too so we can sign someone else. Not to get too far off subject but I don't think the Lightning want to risk someone like Walker leaving for nothing

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Huh. Not one forward on the team over 200 lbs now. We're really buying into that size doesn't matter thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Huh. Not one forward on the team over 200 lbs now. We're really buying into that size doesn't matter thing.
We've been drafting bigger forwards lately though. Going back 3 or 4 years now, we seem to have a bit of emphasis on drafting size up front.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Our biggest forwards are 6'1 (Stamkos, Killer, Paq and Joseph) and not a single one is above 200 lbs.
In our pipeline at forward we have Shalagin at 6'4, N. Foote at 6'3 and then Volkov, Raddysh, Verhaeghe, Katchouk, Huntington, Yan and Somppi at 6'1.

That's a lot of smurfs. Who are also blue. Like our new jerseys. #whoosh

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Our biggest forwards are 6'1 (Stamkos, Killer, Paq and Joseph) and not a single one is above 200 lbs.
In our pipeline at forward we have Shalagin at 6'4, N. Foote at 6'3 and then Volkov, Raddysh, Verhaeghe, Katchouk, Huntington, Yan and Somppi at 6'1.

"LightningStrikes murders Sunny's liver"

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Patrick Marron anyone lol ?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Fringe roster players not waiver exempt:

L Danick Martel *
L Cory Conacher
C Gemel Smith
C Chris Mueller
C Carter Verhaeghe
R/RD Luke Witkowski *

LD Cameron Gaunce
LD Dominik Masin
LD Daniel Walcott

RD Luke Schenn *
RD Jan Rutta *
RD Ben Thomas

* currently listed on NHL roster

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

L Danick Martel *
L Cory Conacher
C Gemel Smith
C Chris Mueller
C Carter Verhaeghe
R/RD Luke Witkowski *

LD Cameron Gaunce
LD Dominik Masin
LD Daniel Walcott

RD Luke Schenn *
RD Jan Rutta *
RD Ben Thomas

Verhaeghe will make the team they kept Martel up alllast season then resigned him so they will have him make the team as well.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

L Danick Martel *
L Cory Conacher
C Gemel Smith
C Chris Mueller
C Carter Verhaeghe
R/RD Luke Witkowski *

LD Cameron Gaunce
LD Dominik Masin
LD Daniel Walcott

RD Luke Schenn *
RD Jan Rutta *
RD Ben Thomas

Masin IDK I could see them trading him like Erne for a 3rd or a 4th rounder if they get someone to bite

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Martel will serve as the extra forward. I think Stephens might make the team as a 4th liner, and then a bunch of more scoring oriented guys will rotate between TB and Syracuse until somebody sticks in the top nine. Lots of candidates.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Just for the record, I don't think size matters either when we're talking about individual players, but I do think it matters when your entire team is that small. We got absolutely dominated up front by a bigger, stronger Columbus team and we didn't have anyone to counter it. When the refs start letting things go and the bigger guys can throw their weight around a bit more and not be punished for it, a bunch of 190lb speed guys isn't going to get it done.

I'm honestly a bit concerned about how this team is constructed.

PS: This isn't cause Erne is gone. Erne didn't do anything with his weight anyway. Neither did Miller. You gotta use it effectively and not just have it. Having a guy who's 6'4 220 doesn't matter if he's a cupcake.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lol if we sign Maroon too. Gilbert Arenas made a point about Vince Carter always coming back in that the coach is always going to give him a spot on the team but that means some other young player is gonna have to be left out because Carter wants to play the most seasons of any NBA player in history. This could be one of the most wide open camps we've had in years and if we did sign Maroon then that poor prospect man. He's just gonna have to wait a 4th year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad