GDT: 2019 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM EASTERN TV 8 AM NHLN, TSN, SN 2:30 PM NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It happens for sure.

But...remember when Iginla to Boston was a done deal? This guy could be legit, Calgary could be asking permission to talk to Stone, and another team could come in and top the Flames’ offer in the meantime.

It ain’t over until the ink is dry.

If you want to release insider info, doing it on reddit is about as confidence inducing as writing it on a bathroom stall wall.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I really want Simmons, only if the price is right though.

I think he's past his prime.

4d1fc6373d899592c4c61765d52a7d9a.jpg

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
My wife and I would routinely take TDD off; jammies all day, Bailey's in coffee, TSN and SN flicked back and forth repetitively, and checking the internet. Then it hit a year where it slowed down to practically nothing...and that was the last of that gratuitous day off.

Reactions: Trizz617 and TCB

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Examining the Stempniak signing with a fine tooth comb is like arguing over the color of the cup holders in a BMW. He's not making his way up into the playoffs - and if we got to the point where he did, we're probably fairly screwed anyway. He's an uber-depth signing, and possibly a good roster filler for Providence...they have to have a full team too.

I'd be much more willing to hear arguments about the Coyle/Donato trade, or about being angry if Sweeney can't get Stone. If Stone can't come to the Bruins, IMO Calgary's the second best option - get him far, far away from us.

If we do get Stone...I have a bad feeling the price will be pretty high....

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada

This would be a great move by TB. Man their D corp would be even more of a nightmare to play against. I hope Tor and TB get in a giant bidding war over him or something.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Lebrun in his article claims the bruins have assets the Sens are interested in and the Sens still haven't given anyone permission to talk to stone or his Agent.

MARK STONE
(Important note: as of Sunday morning, a source indicated the Senators had not given any team permission to speak directly with Newport Sports on Stone.)
I think Nashville and Winnipeg could live with Stone as a rental to start and worry about the rest later. I don’t quite know with Boston other than the Bruins have some assets the Senators really covet.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

This would be a great move by TB. Man their D corp would be even more of a nightmare to play against. I hope Tor and TB get in a giant bidding war over him or something.

What’s Buffalos’ motivation to move him? I’ve not followed this story.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Man would this be a good fit for Risto. He carried way too much weight in Buffalo for a long time, but a team like Tampa could more than cover for his weaknesses. man...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Prices seem to be going up.

I'm OK with what we have I want assets to move Backes and slot a UFA in his spot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Montreal columnist has some valid points

Jack Todd: Montreal Canadiens should ignore dreaded trade deadline

I hate the NHL trade deadline. Abhor it, detest it, despise it, loathe it — pick your verb.

The trade deadline brings together all that is worst about following professional team sports in the 21st century. Crazy rumours, bloated TV panels, pompous talking heads, hysterical fans, general managers under absurd pressure to deliver and columnists (at least those who have to write on deadline) downing a bottle of Johnny Walker before lunchtime to keep from flinging themselves off the Jacques Cartier Bridge over the sheer inanity of the entire exercise.

And at the end of the day, what do you have? Roughly as much actual news content as you could consume with your friendly daily newspaper in five minutes Tuesday morning.

Mercifully, I don’t have to write tomorrow, so I’ll be reading John Richardson’s biography of Pablo Picasso, clearing ice from my driveway, going grocery shopping or listening to the Kent Nagano recording of Anton Bruckner’s Symphony No. 4. Anything at all to avoid watching the sports networks or following along on Twitter as fans with the IQ of a turnip threaten to tar and feather the GM because he somehow failed to acquire Connor McDavid for Charles Hudon and a draft pick.

I’m really puzzled by all the interest in Ottawa’s castoffs. How do fans convince themselves that Matt Duchene, Mark Stone or Ryan Dzingel might be the missing piece that leads to a 25th Stanley Cup parade — when Duchene, Stone and Dzingel were all part of the worst-in-NHL Ottawa Senators? If they’re so good, why were the Senators so bad?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Montreal columnist has some valid points

Jack Todd: Montreal Canadiens should ignore dreaded trade deadline

I hate the NHL trade deadline. Abhor it, detest it, despise it, loathe it — pick your verb.

The trade deadline brings together all that is worst about following professional team sports in the 21st century. Crazy rumours, bloated TV panels, pompous talking heads, hysterical fans, general managers under absurd pressure to deliver and columnists (at least those who have to write on deadline) downing a bottle of Johnny Walker before lunchtime to keep from flinging themselves off the Jacques Cartier Bridge over the sheer inanity of the entire exercise.

And at the end of the day, what do you have? Roughly as much actual news content as you could consume with your friendly daily newspaper in five minutes Tuesday morning.

Mercifully, I don’t have to write tomorrow, so I’ll be reading John Richardson’s biography of Pablo Picasso, clearing ice from my driveway, going grocery shopping or listening to the Kent Nagano recording of Anton Bruckner’s Symphony No. 4. Anything at all to avoid watching the sports networks or following along on Twitter as fans with the IQ of a turnip threaten to tar and feather the GM because he somehow failed to acquire Connor McDavid for Charles Hudon and a draft pick.

I’m really puzzled by all the interest in Ottawa’s castoffs. How do fans convince themselves that Matt Duchene, Mark Stone or Ryan Dzingel might be the missing piece that leads to a 25th Stanley Cup parade — when Duchene, Stone and Dzingel were all part of the worst-in-NHL Ottawa Senators? If they’re so good, why were the Senators so bad?

I could say the man has a point, or I could just point to the garbage fire that is their defense and goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad