GDT: 2019 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM EASTERN TV 8 AM NHLN, TSN, SN 2:30 PM NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Imagine the schadenfreude if Dorion is left holding the bag.

No way Calgary gives him all of that. If the Bs don't somehow work a deal out it would indeed be hilarious if summer hits and Stone goes somewhere else. Have to wonder if the interested teams are going to wait it out until the final moments of the deadline and watch the Sens get desperate and move him for a lower haul. If that happens there will be an absolute frenzy for the remaining players last second.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I could say the man has a point, or I could just point to the garbage fire that is their defense and goaltending.

Yeah, I mean that same argument could be used by Toronto fans (or really any insecure fan base with a great player) to say Matthews is better than McDavid. Conversely, anyone could shift the argument to "If Ottawa is so bad, how can Stone and Duchene still manage to be so good".

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I should go back to coloring and maybe a trade will get done lol
Sounds peaceful. I'm stuck in my apartment while they work on redoing our hardwood floors. We're moving into week three of the operation now, as the folks our management company sent are highly incompetent and move at a sub-snail pace.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think we have the player Ottawa covets most in Vaak. Tough choices to be made, he could potentially be McAvoy's partner for 10-15 years, but if we win a cup this year I wouldn't care about losing him.

It'll be a fun next 24 hours that's for sure.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They must have Charlie Moore reruns scheduled

9:00am Yoga Retreat!
9:30am Larry King Special Report
10:00am Larry King Special Report
10:30am The NEW BISSELL(R) CrossWave(R) Pet Pro
11:00am Have Thinning Hair?
11:30am Larry King Special Report
12:00pm NESN Sports Update REPEAT
12:20pm NESN Sports Update REPEAT
12:40pm NESN Sports Update REPEAT
1:00pm Wicked Bites
1:30pm Future Phenoms
2:00pm Behind the B
2:30pm 2019 NHL Trade Deadline Special LIVE
4:00pm 2019 NHL Trade Deadline Special REPEAT

Reactions: Chief Nine

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Any way to stream tsn or Nhl network on the phone without paying?? Will be at work so if anyone could hook a friend up with a stream in my pm it would be greatly appreciated

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm not saying 2:30 is the ideal time to start trade deadline coverage, and I certainly won't be watching The New Bissell(R) CrossWave(R) Pet Pro, but....

5 Simple NHL Trade Deadline Rules

Don’t expect anything to happen before lunch – If you tune into the trade deadline shows in the morning, you’re basically watching a hockey version of The View.

Morning coverage tends to be monotonous and frustrating at best, and outright annoying at worst. Nothing's going to get done at 9 AM. GMs and their staff in the West are probably barely getting up (remember, it's not just an issue of the literal GM and his crew - they have to book the trades in the NHL office, and then make travel arrangements, etc.), and even GMs in the East know that there's plenty of time until the 5 PM deadline. And, as usual, the final trades will probably still be dribbling out at 5:30 - IIRC, that's what happened last year.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ranger announcers are sure our friend Adam McQuaid to be dealt, both took time to mention him & wish him well wherever he lands

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm not saying 2:30 is the ideal time to start trade deadline coverage, and I certainly won't be watching The New Bissell(R) CrossWave(R) Pet Pro, but....

5 Simple NHL Trade Deadline Rules

A couple of years on deadline day Dale was anchoring from the sportsdeck and at 2:30 his laptop was on

upload_2019-2-24_15-24-8.png

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
From the Boston or Sweeney point of view on Stone...Sweeney hated not having a first round pick last year..So trading 2, and not having one for 3 straight years is a big hit to him...Big for any GM but especially Sweeney.

With our core aging, losing 3 firsts isn't a good way to refill the pantry...However I'd try to do anything I could to not pay TWO firsts...1 alright....the 2nd would probably be conditional he signed anyway...but if I could add a player that isn't DeBrusk McAvoy etc I would..

Stone is just too much....As DKH says 2020 or bust....Go for him July 1st. Don simply isn't going to pay that price..

Simmonds, massive NO..
Hoffman I'd like a lot..
Nyquist I'd be ok with.

Reactions: Trizz617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad