Reactions: smithformeragent

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Aren't you a day early Fenway? ;)

@Dom - OHL I don't think so.

A year ago the Bruins pulled the trigger a day early and the sense I have is they will do it again. The vibe I am getting is they want everything in place before the team practices on Monday.

We have to assume Panarin is off the board as Columbus seems to be in a Cup or Bust mode.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Toronto = McQuaid, Simmonds
Boston = Ranger player, swap of underperforming draft prospects
Montreal = Nyquist
Penguins = Stone
Blue Jackets = Simply annoying nothing team

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Toronto = McQuaid, Simmonds
Boston = Ranger player, swap of underperforming draft prospects
Montreal = Nyquist
Penguins = Stone
Blue Jackets = Simply annoying nothing team

CBJ has a loyal but fragile fanbase. They have never won a playoff series and could lose 2 stars to free agency. It appears they are going all in and there is a good chance they could meet Tampa in Round 1.

Torts would love revenge :popcorn:

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Just landed back in the states after 9 days in Chile. Ready to hunker down and refresh the forum every 5 minutes between now and tomorrow afternoon.

Thoughts so far:
-Like the Coyle trade
-Confused by Columbus going all in, but I kind of admire their confidence in their squad to make a run
-Dallas intrigues me as well, love the structure of the Zuc trade. More rental deals should look like that

Want list (in order):
-Stone
-Nyquist
-Surprise RW we didnt know was available
-Ferland
-Kreider
-Depth RD that's better than Kampfer
-Simmonds if he's dirt cheap. Like no more than a 3rd.

Reactions: Dabruins

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't wanna get my hopes up, but on the other hand I really wanna get my hopes up

I don't wanna see Donny sell the farm but on the other hand I really wanna see what this team can do with a solid top 6 addition
It's a conundrum isn't it? I'm glad I don't have the pressure of making this decision or having to do the negotiation.

Reactions: TCB and BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
@Pia8988
While 6 of those picks are conditional the conditions do not erase the picks , they just alter them. They are still in the top 3 rounds over the 3 year. They are still 16 picks in the next 3 years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

A year ago the Bruins pulled the trigger a day early and the sense I have is they will do it again. The vibe I am getting is they want everything in place before the team practices on Monday.

We have to assume Panarin is off the board as Columbus seems to be in a Cup or Bust mode.

I’m not convinced that CBJ won’t move Panarin now.

The thought process could be:

Duchene + Dzingel>>>>Panarin

You move Panarin and try to extend at least one of the two guys you acquired.

Reactions: Estlin

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I think it could go either way. I think they positioned themselves so that they assure a very good return or else they keep him for a Cup run.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

As I said it is a fragile fanbase - this year they have picked up viewers in Cleveland as the Cavs are now unwatchable.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

I would like to know what happened between the Sens and CBJ to split those deals in two with daylight in between. Either CBJ was chasing someone other than Dzingel and came back when it didn’t pan out, or they initially thought the ask on Dzingel was too high and later came back and caved, or the Sens were still shopping Dzingel and eventually came back to the last best offer on the table.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Is there any reason Kreider is not more of a big target for Boston? I ask out of ignorance. I don't know his contract or anything like that. I do know I wanted him in Boston awhile back and still think he'd help Krejci and Debrusk out, being another shooter. I realize he's not Stone but I'm worried Don's not gonna go after that man - being too much of a huge gamble for him

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Is there any reason Kreider is not more of a big target for Boston? I ask out of ignorance. I don't know his contract or anything like that. I do know I wanted him in Boston awhile back and still think he'd help Krejci and Debrusk out, being another shooter. I realize he's not Stone but I'm worried Don's not gonna go after that man - being too much of a huge gamble for him

I think it’s more NYR doesn’t want to move him if they don’t have to.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I sure hope you’re right.

I’m in a conference tomorrow from 12:00 to 5:00.

Good luck!

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I joined the "user group" and figured out that I then needed to undo its automatic change to sorting threads Z through A, but now when clicking to view the "live" version of the thread, I am shown the same joining page and the option to leave. there is an ad and nothing more to do. it is in no way intuitive and is in at least one real way broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad