2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like to compare Cole Caufield to Aurele Joliat myself.
I'll admit, I had no clue who was the shortest player to ever play in the NHL. Laughed when I saw that it was a goalie, but my jaw dropped when I saw his stats.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
NTDP's pushing a shit ton of talent this year. Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras (watched a bunch lately), York, Boldy and Vlasic possibly all 1st rounders. Might be their best crop.

forgot Caufield

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
NTDP's pushing a **** ton of talent this year. Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras (watched a bunch lately), York, Boldy and Vlasic possibly all 1st rounders. Might be their best crop.

It'd be fun if Canada made their own NTDP. We'd have to make a few due to the geographical spread of Canada's junior leagues. Maybe this way Quebec could produce NHL players again.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It'd be fun if Canada made their own NTDP. We'd have to make a few due to the geographical spread of Canada's junior leagues. Maybe this way Quebec could produce NHL players again.
I always wondered why there wasn't a Canada team, I wonder if its because the CHL team have too much power there ? It would either mean 3 teams, one team that plays the three leagues or a single league that is unified or what ever.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I always wondered why there wasn't a Canada team, I wonder if its because the CHL team have too much power there ? It would either mean 3 teams, one team that plays the three leagues or a single league that is unified or what ever.

I'm not sure if the idea's even been considered yet. I would imagine that the draft system would greatly complicate the program, and CHL teams would be awfully butthurt about the development program soaking up all the best talent, the way the USNTDP does.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not sure if the idea's even been considered yet. I would imagine that the draft system would greatly complicate the program, and CHL teams would be awfully ******** about the development program soaking up all the best talent, the way the USNTDP does.
Making it u18 wouldn't be that bad though, rarely are u18 players the best in the nation, its usually 19s or exceptionals like Sid and Connor.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm not sure if the idea's even been considered yet. I would imagine that the draft system would greatly complicate the program, and CHL teams would be awfully ******** about the development program soaking up all the best talent, the way the USNTDP does.
The idea has been floated around several times over the years and yeah, It's basically a money thing. The CHL generates too much money in too many cities to risk putting a lot of the top talent in the same team. Junior hockey in Canada is a major business, with a lot of hands in the proverbial pie.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The idea has been floated around several times over the years and yeah, It's basically a money thing. The CHL generates too much money in too many cities to risk putting a lot of the top talent in the same team. Junior hockey in Canada is a major business, with a lot of hands in the proverbial pie.

I'm not really sure why the CHL has to be involved, if they don't want to play nice. The development teams could get games against Jr. A and CIS teams.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'd imagine some smaller Q markets wouldn't survive if a national team poached the top talents. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the product but a no-go revenue wise.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm not really sure why the CHL has to be involved, if they don't want to play nice. The development teams could get games against Jr. A and CIS teams.
They could in theory, the only real obstacle is CHL team owners putting pressure on local sponsors not to support or to downright oppose the idea. There's a real fear that a lot of the smaller markets would lose their teams without the star power.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
That would scare them into accepting the team for sure, but the appeal of the team wouldnt be great for players IMO.

I think the CHL is already starting to lose its appeal to top young players and will continue to do so. ''You can go play for the CNTDP or you can go play for...SUDBURY! Oh, and don't forget, they own your ass so it's either Nickel town or the NHL. Bitch.'' Yeah I'll take door #1 thanks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

who would they play, CHL and CIS teams I'm assuming if they want to model it after the USNDTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln