2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He could benefit from getting stronger and adding some weight, the easier schedule with the NTDP is more suitable than juniors in that sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It may be early and there is still a full year of hockey to be played, likely leading to a lot of movement between these rankings and where players end up at the end of next season, but still, let’s take a look and preview the 2019 NHL Draft. The 2018 class has been criticized for the lack of high-end centres available but featured an abundance of talented puck-moving defencemen. At this point, the 2019 draft class looks to be a reverse of that trend.

Early Look at the 2019 NHL Draft - Last Word on Hockey
Great, I always like to start getting to know the prospects early.

Reactions: Redux91

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm not sure what the rule is there exactly, even in Switzerland you see Austrian Marco Rossi having played in the NLB this year as a 16-year-old, but I believe he played with a Swiss Player License or something of the sort.
Yes it's for imports. Auston Matthews for instance could not play until he was 18. It's why he missed the start of the season.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
For what it's worth, I had a dream last night. We won pick #3 in the lottery (again). NYR picked #1 and BOS #2.

NYR picked Tyler Bozak II, little brother of NHL player Tyler Bozak, shocking the hockey world. BOS picked a projected 2nd rounder that got diagnosed with a life threatening condition. The SJWs cheered this heartwarming pick. MTL up next picks none other than Jack Hughes.

Reactions: tooji and Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He could benefit from getting stronger and adding some weight, the easier schedule with the NTDP is more suitable than juniors in that sense.
Yeah, that was my thought too. Kid needs to bulk in spades, and get stronger, if hes going to be effective in the NHL. I dont think USDP is bad for him at all, hes going to get to play with top cream talent again too.

Reactions: tooji

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, that was my thought too. Kid needs to bulk in spades, and get stronger, if hes going to be effective in the NHL. I dont think USDP is bad for him at all, hes going to get to play with top cream talent again too.

Yeah, he's gotta get fakin yoked like noted manimals Patrick Kane and Johnny Gaudreau.

Over/under Jack Hughes 150.5 points. Any takers for the under?

Reactions: Draft

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

No Europe or OHL for Hughes apparently. I still think it's almost a waste of a year of development but the kid knows what's best for him I guess.

I talked about this earlier but this is one of the big differences with Hughes vs Kakko& Laine vs Matthews.

Kakko should play against men this whole season where as Hughes is dominating in lower levels, the others are size difference& Kakko being more complete prospect than Laine.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
The Hlinka is possibly the only tournament where I think you could justify a "Rest Of Europe" team.

Players like Alexandrov, Alistrov, Seider should be represented, and since the only point of the tournament is for scouting/to gain exposure it's not like it ruins the integrity of the tournament

Last edited:

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I sincerely hope the Habs draft another skilled C and don't go for LD with their top pick. We finally have a chance at being respectable down the middle. Don't blow it.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
The most reassuring part is we don't need to pray for a bottom 3 finish or a lottery win to get one. Just need to miss the playoffs and you're getting a very high quality C prospect.

There's Hughes, Newhook, Cozens, Turcotte, Dach, Lavoie, Suzuki, Murray, Zegras.

Then there's probably Kakko, Krebs, Cajkovic, at least 2-3 Dmen that go in the top 15. Maybe Caufield, Kaliyev or Boldy.

We could easily be picking outside the top 10 and still get our pick of 2-3 really good Centers.

Obviously those first 5 names stand out the most and we'd probably need/like a top 7 pick to guarantee one; but regardless, we should come out fine as I don't think there's a world where Carey drags us to the playoffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The most reassuring part is we don't need to pray for a bottom 3 finish or a lottery win to get one. Just need to miss the playoffs and you're getting a very high quality C prospect.

There's Hughes, Newhook, Cozens, Turcotte, Dach, Lavoie, Suzuki, Murray, Zegras.

Then there's probably Kakko, Krebs, Cajkovic, at least 2-3 Dmen that go in the top 15. Maybe Caufield, Kaliyev or Boldy.

We could easily be picking outside the top 10 and still get our pick of 2-3 really good Centers.

Obviously those first 5 names stand out the most and we'd probably need/like a top 7 pick to guarantee one; but regardless, we should come out fine as I don't think there's a world where Carey drags us to the playoffs.
Newhook, Turcotte, Dach and Hughes look to be standing above everyone here though. Especially Turcotte, love that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->