2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Newhook, Turcotte, Dach and Hughes look to be standing above everyone here though. Especially Turcotte, love that kid.

Cozens might be my #2 right now.

I probably value Dach the least of the 5 because with the amount of playmaking wingers + Kotkaniemi and Poehling, we really need a C who can score 30+ (most likely playing with Drouin) and I think he's the least capable of the 5 at doing that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Cozens might be my #2 right now.

I probably value Dach the least of the 5 because with the amount of playmaking wingers + Kotkaniemi and Poehling, we really need a C who can score 30+ (most likely playing with Drouin) and I think he's the least capable of the 5 at doing that.
The real problem with Dach is that he seems to lack hands at time... He gets caught with the puck on his stick and his brain to hands connection seem to take him a few seconds, kinda like Galchenyuk.

Haven't watched a lot of them WHL kids though, mostly caught glimspes of them watching 2018 draftees.

Turcotte is just amazing with the puck, he's super impressive, reminds me of a guy like Duchene maybe.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
They are going to be strong up the middle for us right behind Hughes.

And if MTL are not lucky enough to get the 1st OV to draft Hugues, I want them to pick Kakko!

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Kakko
Domi-Poehling-Ylonen/Gallagher

I hope as well that we trade Patches for a young LD or a 1st round pick to draft that LD next year.

Reactions: GHJimmy

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
And if MTL are not lucky enough to get the 1st OV to draft Hugues, I want them to pick Kakko!

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Kakko
Domi-Poehling-Ylonen/Gallagher

I hope as well that we trade Patches for a young LD or a 1st round pick to draft that LD next year.

honestely kakko is amazing, but you can't scratch newhook... i don't get way he doesn't get hyped. the kid as literally everything.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte and Newhook are looking very promising. Would be thrilled to have a top 4 pick!

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
For what it's worth, I had a dream last night. We won pick #3 in the lottery (again). NYR picked #1 and BOS #2.

NYR picked Tyler Bozak II, little brother of NHL player Tyler Bozak, shocking the hockey world. BOS picked a projected 2nd rounder that got diagnosed with a life threatening condition. The SJWs cheered this heartwarming pick. MTL up next picks none other than Jack Hughes.
Oh man I couldn't stop laughing at this :laugh: good one tho it is a dream to actually draft a #1 centre in our era and actually be a contender for long time like Pittsburgh

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t forget Bowen Byram. Hopefully he can make some offensive strides this season. The Habs are desperate for LD and he’d be a nice consolation prize if they fall out of range of the top centres.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don’t forget Bowen Byram. Hopefully he can make some offensive strides this season. The Habs are desperate for LD and he’d be a nice consolation prize if they fall out of range of the top centres.
Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Turcotte, Newhook, Cozens, Byram is my top 7 for now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Krebs also is somewhat interesting.

Cozen looks to have a better skillset than Dach.
Turcotte and Newhook look to be battling for the 2nd spot in the draft.
Kakko is the clear cut best winger in the draft. Maybe Vasily Podz can challenge him ?
The defenders seem to be really disappointing. Ive seen nothing Ive like from Byram so far, need to watch more obviously.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Kakko is the clear cut best winger in the draft. Maybe Vasily Podz can challenge him ?
The defenders seem to be really disappointing. Ive seen nothing Ive like from Byram so far, need to watch more obviously.
I'd honestly bet a lot that Kakko goes #2. He may honestly be better than Svechnikov.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I’m really impressed with this Kakko kid. He’s a linemate of Kotkaniemi at the WJC. The guy is 6’4” elite skater and shooter. Should be a top 5 pick.

Kakko-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Olofsson-Scherbak
Hudon-DLR-Armia
Deslauriers

Pacioretty and Shaw trade for a top 4 LD.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’m really impressed with this Kakko kid. He’s a linemate of Kotkaniemi at the WJC. The guy is 6’4” elite skater and shooter. Should be a top 5 pick.

Kakko-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Olofsson-Scherbak
Hudon-DLR-Armia
Deslauriers

Pacioretty and Shaw trade for a top 4 LD.
He's not 6'4, has been discussed already. More like 6'1. Yes he's good, he's going to be a top five for sure.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know if Kakko goes #2 simply because of the quality of C prospects in this draft.

Turcotte I wouldn't be surprised to go in the Keller range of the draft. He's skilled but there's guys who are skilled and bigger.

I think Dach has more skill than Cozens, I still don't think Dach has caught up to his growth spurt yet.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, that might be premature. He has similar numbers to Aho and Pulljujarvi... He'll need to do a lot better than that before I put him on the same level as Svechnikov
All 2019 draft talk is premature. However, based on d-1 years, I really don't think Kakko is off from Svechnikovs talent.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
All 2019 draft talk is premature. However, based on d-1 years, I really don't think Kakko is off from Svechnikovs talent.
Svechnikov outproduced Tolvanen in the same league by like .20 points, thats just how good the kid was in his d-1. Outproduced all his comparables by .60 in the OHL too, thats just arcade numbers from Svechnikov. He's a type of kid that is almost once in a decade kinda good.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Svechnikov outproduced Tolvanen in the same league by like .20 points, thats just how good the kid was in his d-1. Outproduced all his comparables by .60 in the OHL too, thats just arcade numbers from Svechnikov. He's a type of kid that is almost once in a decade kinda good.
I agree that Svechnikov had the better d-1, but Kakko is pretty much right behind him imo. Nobody else even came close to him scoring wise on his team. Just flat out dominated, and honestly looked better than Kotkaniemi at the U18.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Watched Krebs this morning, and he's a tricky guy. He has excellent vision.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad