Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft, Day One | Podkolzin is our man

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
If we could trade Juolevi based on draft pedigree for a high second it would be interesting. I'd be on the fence about that.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
It’s like watching the draft in 1993 and nothing has changed.

SIZE!

GREAT KID!

GREAT INTERVIEW!

HE’S GOOD AT ANOTHER SPORT SO HE MUST BE GOOD AT HOCKEY TOO!

HIS DAD WAS REALLY GOOD!

It’s why @Melvin and his potato will crush all these idiots yet again.
110%. Character is good for deciding between a two players, but changing your entire rankings because of it is ridiculous when it comes to young kids. They need to put more stock into hockey and stop overthinking it. Potato for the win

Reactions: timw33 and MS

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Crazy how fast that place completely emptied out. Lots of talent still left on the board for tomorrow...who will probably mostly get scooped up before it gets to our pick. Because obviously.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Crazy how fast that place completely emptied out. Lots of talent still left on the board for tomorrow...who will probably mostly get scooped up before it gets to our pick. Because obviously.

Too many great ones still left. A few will almost certainly be gone (Kaliyev and Lavoie nearly certainly)... but man I could see Leason falling...

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Here's my interpretation of Kaliyev:

1. He's an introvert with an underbite and motor tics; idiot GMs interpret this as bad character

or

2. There were questions about age falsification and perhaps that's torpedoed his draft stock

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It’s like watching the draft in 1993 and nothing has changed.

SIZE!

GREAT KID!

GREAT INTERVIEW!

HE’S GOOD AT ANOTHER SPORT SO HE MUST BE GOOD AT HOCKEY TOO!

HIS DAD WAS REALLY GOOD!

It’s why @Melvin and his potato will crush all these idiots yet again.

You can correct me if I am wrong but I never understood the importance of the interview.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm most surprised with Lavoie. Figured a team would have taken him and convert him to wing which he has played if the defense wasn't up to snuff.

Ott, LA, Det, NJ, Car (via Buf), (Car via NYR), Edm, Ana, before us.

Who is willing to trade out?

I think you'd be looking at NJ (due to improving team for Hall), Carolina with their 2 picks.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Because he has a Russian-sounding name and isn’t working as hard as maybe he could while he pours in goals.

Again, exact same thing as Anthony Mantha.

that's not fair....

he had like 15 more assists than mantha.

Reactions: MS

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Sounds like Benning expects to see Podz play in the NHL right after his KHL contract is done

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
No because I’d care more about my dog than a lousy hockey team?
Then maybe you were never a great fan.

I've literally never been the same since 2011. Game 6 broke me. I broke down and cried, knowing that we weren't going to get it done. I don't allow myself to get too attached to the highs and lows of this team, I think because it would hurt too much to allow myself to get that invested again. And I bet that it's the same way for a lot of us.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm most surprised with Lavoie. Figured a team would have taken him and convert him to wing which he has played if the defense wasn't up to snuff.

It's not even the defensive side of the game with Lavoie. He's a winger either way. Plays more to his strengths and it's where he's played anyway. But it's the inconsistency of effort i think. He had a long stretch this year where his stock was just plummeting because he looked frankly...disinterested. Bored even. Didn't produce well during that stretch either.

But when he's engaged, he's a Top-10/15 player on upside for me. Just huge upside if you can keep him tuned in like he was through the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad