NFL: 2019 NFL training camp and pre-season games

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As far as meaningless preseason dress rehearsals go, that was just about as bad as it gets for the Vikings. First team offense (no Thielen) was brutal, Cousins was inaccurate, OL had issues, no WR stepped up for the wide open WR3 job, Rhodes looked bad after also being bad last season, and the new kicker they gave up a 5th for missed both FGs.

The main and most important thing is that all starters got out of there healthy. Also, Cook showed what he can do if he's healthy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Who? Trent Williams is out there. Laremy Tunsil has been speculated about after his name came up locally but that doesn't make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. Jason Peters is old and injury prone but still pretty good and Dillard has looked great in preseason but I don't know if either team considers that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Who? Trent Williams is out there. Laremy Tunsil has been speculated about after his name came up locally but that doesn't make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. Jason Peters is old and injury prone but still pretty good and Dillard has looked great in preseason but I don't know if either team considers that.

Lane Johnson may be someone to look at.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A WR?

Lane Johnson may be someone to look at.

Interesting. I didn't consider him. Eagles would be comfortable starting that guy with the really long name at RT or would they move Peters/Dillard to that side?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

A WR?

Interesting. I didn't consider him. Eagles would be comfortable starting that guy with the really long name at RT or would they move Peters/Dillard to that side?

They won a Super Bowl with Vaitai surviving at tackle, although he has moved to guard in camp. Either way, he’s done fine presuming he’s had the week to practice with 1’s. They have Jordan Mailata too who they like but I doubt to start week 1. I don’t think it’s likely they move Johnson but for a high-end pass rusher in a position they need help, I think they’d strongly consider it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like it wasn't the hit, it was his foot getting caught in the turf. He didn't play the first 2 games, and that's why guys aren't playing preseason games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All these injuries in week 3 of the pre-season probably means we are going to see the end of the "dress rehearsal" sooner than later.
By the same token, and it's really playing devil's advocate, Brady, Brees and Wilson were all out there in week 3. Those guys are Super Bowl champions, and you might want to think about preparing the way those guys prepare.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad