NFL: 2019 NFL training camp and pre-season games

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Dolphins trading for Clowney would be so Dolphins.

You finally commit to the full on rebuild for the first time post Marino, and then do a 180 and go "This player will likely do nothing to help us when we're ready to compete. Let's trade valuable draft capital and/or players for him!" I sure as hell wouldn't be trading Tunsil for him like the Texans seem to want an LT.

Don't get me wrong. Clowney is a beast, but it makes no sense for Miami to be in on him. I'll fly down to Miami and smack the idiots responsible should it actually happen.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I honestly had no recollection of who Ryan Russell was outside of this tweet

Late round pick of Cowboys who played a little over 3 years in NFL and was cut by Bills after last years preseason

Seems like random story about a guy who is likely XFL/CFL material at this point in his career

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Dolphins trading for Clowney would be so Dolphins.

You finally commit to the full on rebuild for the first time post Marino, and then do a 180 and go "This player will likely do nothing to help us when we're ready to compete. Let's trade valuable draft capital and/or players for him!" I sure as hell wouldn't be trading Tunsil for him like the Texans seem to want an LT.

Don't get me wrong. Clowney is a beast, but it makes no sense for Miami to be in on him. I'll fly down to Miami and smack the idiots responsible should it actually happen.

Your best hope is that Clowney doesn't change his mind because Jay Glazer says the Dolphins made the best offer but he needs to agree to the deal and sign his tender before it can happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Falcons done playing games with the kickers. Matt Ryan and Julio aren't getting younger.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Your best hope is that Clowney doesn't change his mind because Jay Glazer says the Dolphins made the best offer but he needs to agree to the deal and sign his tender before it can happen.

I don't want the deal happening at all, but i suppose if it must, Tunsil better not be the piece going back.

Don't make an already bottom 5 O-line worse.

If Houston is so damn set on getting a LT i don't understand why they don't knock on Washington's door, inquire about Williams. Washington is going to have to do something with him sooner or later;

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't want the deal happening at all, but i suppose if it must, Tunsil better not be the piece going back.

Don't make an already bottom 5 O-line worse.

If Houston is so damn set on getting a LT i don't understand why they don't knock on Washington's door, inquire about Williams. Washington is going to have to do something with him sooner or later;

Tunsil shouldn't be included for plenty of on the field reasons and here's another reason it might not be a smart idea:

It could just be posturing but Washington doesn't appear to be in a rush to trade Williams.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Well, I think Dan Bailey's job is safe. Vedvik will probably be the punter and that might only be because they don't want to look like complete idiots for trading a 5th for him.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Dolphins are a disaster of a franchise these days so who knows what this means for Rosen. But it's probably not good, especially since they'll probably be bad enough to draft a franchise QB this year or next (Trevor Lawrence).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Clayton Thorson was hideous once again. Got the whole game against 4's and 5's of the Jets. 12/16 for 84 yards. Jets only won 6-0. Woof.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dolphins first 4 games are Baltimore, New England, Dallas, LA Chargers.

Fitzpatrick starts.

Hopefully he's in there when the Eagles play them so he can start against them for an 8th team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hate seeing this happen to him. I really liked him on the Vikings and he would've been awesome in Shanahan's offense. I guess the one good thing is that he got paid before his injury and should collect ~$18M even if he never plays a down for the Niners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad