NFL: 2019 NFL training camp and pre-season games

Sep 19, 2008
Most camps get started around this week so makes sense to have a thread. Preseason in a few days (next month August)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's impressive. It only took him a year to show why he went undrafted while probably being a day two talent. He played really well as a rookie too.

Vikings go into camp with some questions about what should've been one of their deepest positions. Rhodes was injured a bunch last season and just didn't play up to his ability, Hughes is coming back from a torn ACL, and Hill is out at least the first 8 games and may not even be on the team. Could be a good opportunity for Kris Boyd, who was a late round pick this year and looked good in rookie camp. He's Hill's friend, former teammate at Texas, and was also suspended in college for breaking team rules so what could go wrong?

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
JJ Wilcox tire his ACL I think? Atlanta lost 2 guys on day 1

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mike Daniels joins a list of pretty well known names not signed yet.

(At this point i feel like Dez is done)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Here is my annual post about how it's stupid that camps start like 6 weeks before this season begins and we'll likely have 10+ players get seriously injured early in camp for no good reason.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What was the off-field incident in 2017?

The Bellevue, Was. prosecuting attorney did not pursue domestic violence charges against Seahawks DT Jarran Reed in 2017 because he felt there was "insufficient evidence to prove the crime occurred."
The Bellevue PD recommended a fourth-degree assault charge, but Reed was never arrested or charged. Washington law enforcement could not gather the necessary evidence, but the NFL's investigators apparently did. The league has not elaborated on the findings that led it to hand down a six-game suspension.

-Rotoworld (via the Seattle Times)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Doesn't surprise me. Drake doesn't have the tools to be an every down back.

I see his ceiling as a Dion Lewis type gadget back who can occasionally bust off big runs/catch out of the backfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad