NFL: 2019 NFL training camp and pre-season games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles/Ravens called during the 4th due to lightning. Carson Wentz did not play, so he will go into Week 1 having not seen the field. Josh McCown looked good after a rough start.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The game in Winnipeg was a complete joke. This has been planned for a while, would have thought they would have figured out the logistics of the field.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The game in Winnipeg was a complete joke. This has been planned for a while, would have thought they would have figured out the logistics of the field.
I'm dumbfounded at how poorly the field was planned out. How did neither team's officials or the event organizers let things play out the way they did. It's like if you rented out a wedding spot and showed up the day of to realize it's a mess.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That six teams passed on Josh Allen is going to look awfully silly awfully quickly. He's destroying whoever the Dolphins attempt to put in front of him tonight.

Also if you play even half point PPR fantasy, take a look at Dede Westbrook. Foles looks for him first, second, and third
He likely should have went to the Raiders at 4. I don't think Jets are regret taking Quinnen, or the 49ers Bosa if Bosa can stay healthy (big question at this point). Two others are pure QB gambles if your QB turns into a good starter they are worth that draft slot due to positional value. The big ones to watch are going to be Clellin Ferrell and Devin White. 4 seemed too high for Ferrell, and 5 is awfully rich in this era for an off-ball linebacker. I wonder if JPP's injury/car accident would have lead the Bucs to take Allen, who seems built for a 3-4 D.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
69014328_10167535144902037_3322374301167910912_o.jpg

Reactions: ecemleafs

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Pathetic showing by the NFL and promoters in Winnipeg. Botched ticket prices, botched the field, fans paying $30o to watch 3rd stringers. What a joke. I feel terrible for the people who paid to watch that garbage.

Reactions: sipowicz

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
why is trubisky not playing at all? he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy that you hold out to avoid injury and he doesnt need live action to keep improving.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Why? If they were dumb enough to buy the tickets, why should they be felt sorry for? They knew what they were getting into.
Not really? It's the 3rd pre-season game, which traditionally has been the dress rehearsal of sorts where teams play starters for about a half.

Now, I keep up with the NFL very regularly and have seen the pattern of teams playing their starters less and less but I can't blame people who thought they might have got to see AB/Carr/Rodgers/Adams for a half and instead got treated to a f***ing div 2 college game on a fake field.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Why? If they were dumb enough to buy the tickets, why should they be felt sorry for? They knew what they were getting into.

Raiders were okay with the field it was the crybaby Packers who didn't want to play because there was a round patch the size of a small pail where the CFL goal post (CFL goal post is on the goal line) usually sits, guess the Packer players were a lot tougher years ago when games were played on dirt and grass at the old Brewers ballpark!

ECnVFCuXkAA9aF7

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At least people in Winnipeg had a hope of seeing Rodgers. Once they didn't like the field, then they sat him. More teams are working out and practicing with each other. There really doesn't need to be any more than one pre-season game given the work starters get, and if they want to run neutral sites, that's fine with me. Maybe bring in 4 teams to play one half each.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders were okay with the field it was the crybaby Packers who didn't want to play because there was a round patch the size of a small pail where the CFL goal post (CFL goal post is on the goal line) usually sits, guess the Packer players were a lot tougher years ago when games were played on dirt and grass at the old Brewers ballpark!

ECnVFCuXkAA9aF7
Has Winnipeg never taken out the goal posts before for a soccer match?

Bc lions and whitecaps share bc place and it’s not an issue and they have the same turf.

One bad patch and the nfl wines about it? Like playing on the athletics dirt field for 2-4 regular season games is perfectly fine for them though.

Rest of the field is turf. Is it really much different than what Detroit or Minnesota uses in their domes? Around 13 nfl stadiums use turf so it as if players are not used to it plus many colleges use it too.

Not talking European football where they always play on grass for the most part.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

ECnVFCuXkAA9aF7

Wow, imagine that. The Packers don't want to unnecessarily risk injury to their players in a game that means dick. How awful of them.

Sep 19, 2008
At least people in Winnipeg had a hope of seeing Rodgers. Once they didn't like the field, then they sat him. More teams are working out and practicing with each other. There really doesn't need to be any more than one pre-season game given the work starters get, and if they want to run neutral sites, that's fine with me. Maybe bring in 4 teams to play one half each.
As recommended on Reddit two preseason games and two joint practices would be ideal. Course the NFL owners wouldn't willingly lose two preseason games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As recommended on Reddit two preseason games and two joint practices would be ideal. Course the NFL owners wouldn't willingly lose two preseason games
It's the TV time they're most worried about. All they have to do is find something more compelling than what they're doing.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, imagine that. The Packers don't want to unnecessarily risk injury to their players in a game that means dick. How awful of them.

Please, a 10” diameter hole filled with turf on top of it is a huge risk?

The NFL did the field and deemed it playable, Gruden even laughed and said there was nothing wrong with the field, Packers used the field excuse to sit starters and rip off the fans in Winnipeg (well those dumb enough to pay higher than NFL regular season prices to watch exhibition football).

Go Vikings!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Please, a 10” diameter hole filled with turf on top of it is a huge risk?

It's not a huge risk but it's a risk and there's no point in risking your starters in a game that means dick. And they didn't rip anybody off, the promoter did, your problem is with him. If they have an issue, take it up with him and take some time to reflect about how dumb you were to pay those prices for an exhibition game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It's not a huge risk but it's a risk and there's no point in risking your starters in a game that means dick. And they didn't rip anybody off, the promoter did, your problem is with him. If they have an issue, take it up with him and take some time to reflect about how dumb you were to pay those prices for an exhibition game.

No argument with any of your post! And yeah I’m still a Packers fan!

Promoter is a douche!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Eh i don't blame the Packers for being careful especially with Rodgers coming off an injury last season. No reason to even take the smallest risk for a preseason game.

It's all the NFL's fault. IG Field hasn't been in use since like Monday night. They had a full 48 hours to get that stadium ready, but instead them and the promoters ****ed around and screwed over fans even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad