NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Mayfield thinks he's a Dr.

I predicted before the season the Browns and Raiders would miss the playoffs and no one agreed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Meh, definitely could be nothing but it's hard to give the Patriots of all teams the benefit of the doubt lol.
With their track record the Patriots needed to do everything by the book. Need to be asking for permission first not forgiveness afterwards.

key part is not informing the NFL beforehand.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They Would definitely blatantly cheat right in front of a team they beat a few weeks ago, that would definitely not raise any suspicion from the Browns. Good call everybody. They totally need to cheat against the worst team in football

ESPN is going to be pathetic with this, just like they were with the headsets against Pittsburgh. Can’t wait for the warm Gatorade story to come out again! This is so tiresome

Reactions: Elvis P

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
ESPN said:
A source tells ESPN's Dianna Russini that a Bengals employee was watching a videographer, who identified himself as a Robert Kraft employee. The Bengals employee alleges that the shot on the videographer's monitor was of the Bengals' coaches and staff on the sidelines for the entire first quarter.

The source told ESPN that the Bengals employee flagged media relations and Bengals security then interviewed the Kraft videographer. That interview was also taped. The videographer asked if the footage could just be deleted and it could all be forgotten, according to sources.

Definitely innocent sounding. LOL.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-bengals-browns-source-says-was-feature-shoot

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Browns granted NE permission. Sounds like they are ready to dump the current coaching staff, so what does it matter to them if NE films them. Bengals upset cause they were not informed and they seem like they will bring back their coaching staff.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
With their track record the Patriots needed to do everything by the book. Need to be asking for permission first not forgiveness afterwards.

key part is not informing the NFL beforehand.

did they need to inform the NFL tho? The Browns knew so IMO that’s all that really matters. Besides it was for a legitimate video series they do, not like they made up something.

They Would definitely blatantly cheat right in front of a team they beat a few weeks ago, that would definitely not raise any suspicion from the Browns. Good call everybody. They totally need to cheat against the worst team in football

ESPN is going to be pathetic with this, just like they were with the headsets against Pittsburgh. Can’t wait for the warm Gatorade story to come out again! This is so tiresome

Don’t forget that wonderful ESPN story from 2/3 years ago about how they wanted to keep Jimmy G and essentially kick Brady out the door! The same story that claimed Kraft thought he was done and Belichik didn’t want to coach him anymore. :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not going to lie, as a Pats fan, I'm tired of this BS. I don't think it's a non-story and I think they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I'll wait to see the fallout today but all I can do is shake my head.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
At first I thought this was a nothingburger and probably just a case of the Pats being careless. They certainly don't need to cheat to beat the Bengals, however the more that comes out about this, the more it seems like something fishy is going on.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not going to lie, as a Pats fan, I'm tired of this BS. I don't think it's a non-story and I think they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I'll wait to see the fallout today but all I can do is shake my head.

Props. I see a lot of realistic Patriots fans with this sentiment. There's no defending this.

At first I thought this was a nothingburger and probably just a case of the Pats being careless. They certainly don't need to cheat to beat the Bengals, however the more that comes out about this, the more it seems like something fishy is going on.

It's not a matter of needing to cheat to beat the Bengals this year. 1) It's an away game. The Patriots are clearly doing something very sketchy to cheat at home games. 2) Signals can stay the same for years. Lazy coaching, yes. Patriots have a big database of all teams signals.

They want you to believe it's some wizard in the sky predicting the teams next play, Ernie Adams. But it's really all this data they have on teams.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Browns have been helping the Patriots cheat for a long time. They paid Jamie Collins for them and gave him back. Browns gave them Gordon when they needed him. This topic deserves it's own thread. This is front page news.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Browns have been helping the Patriots cheat for a long time. They paid Jamie Collins for them and gave him back. Browns gave them Gordon when they needed him. This topic deserves it's own thread. This is front page news.

You realize they were taping the Bengals and not the Browns, right?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You realize they were taping the Bengals and not the Browns, right?

Yes. Where was the game played? Who gave them access? Who was the only team not informed of this bullshit doc? They don't need to tape the Browns because the Browns would let them win. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was going on for every Browns home game since Spygate.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
2018 is the most tainted playoff run ever. Pats beat the Chargers 41-28. Chargers played in Cleveland 3 months before. Then the Pats go on to beat the Chiefs 37-31. Chiefs played in Cleveland year before.

Only teams to do good against the Pats; Eagles and Falcons. Eagles changed coaches. Falcons hired Quinn 2015. Falcons didn't play Pats since 2013 and Browns since 2014. They had nothing on the Falcons. That's why they were getting owned.

2014. Pats beat the Colts 45-7 and played in Cleveland year before. Pats obviously have all the Steelers/Ravens stuff as they play in Cleveland once a year.​

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Patriots will always be under the mircoscope. Just throw out Patriots and video tapping and you have a story. Should be fun to see how badly this story gets distorted

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

and why on earth would the Browns help the Pats? There is 0 connection between Haslam and Kraft. The teams are in the same conference for Christ sakes.

Nobody cares about their foot soldiers. I wonder what happened to the fat aka deflator :rolleyes:

Cool post, but if you actually cared to research you’d see that this is a legitimate video series they do. I don’t know why you think they would film the Bengals who probably won’t make the playoffs again during Brady or Belichicks careers.

Man I was really waiting for these tinfoil hat posts.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
8 minutes of footage focused on the Bengals sideline before they were caught in the 1st quarter. That's way beyond the scope of a documentary of the advance scout. The simple fact is it's impossible to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt at this point. I suspect the NFL will be going through the credentials given out for games played the week before the Patriots played a given team, to see if the Patriots consistently have a videographer (or anyone working for "Kraft Productions") with their advance scout. It's tough to believe that this is the first week they've been involved in shenanigans.

Just too much shady stuff going on here to believe it's all on the up and up, from the Patriots "forgetting" to inform the NFL and the Bengals of the taping to the video guy immediately asking for the tape to be erased and "all to be forgotten". Let's not forget that the alibi they are currently using is reportedly one of the alibis they told their scouts to use during the first spygate.

This is, at minimum, extremely stupid and negligent from an organization that supposedly dots their i's and crosses their t's - the idea that they wouldn't inform their contracted cameraman not to film the sidelines during the game is ludicrous, considering how high profile the original spy gate was, and the advance scout certainly should know the rules and stop it himself when he saw it happening. The Pats are certainly going to face some kind of punishment - we'll see if it goes beyond that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad