NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Headsets shut off after a certain point in the play clock. I read an article earlier (don't remember where) that Taylor does use signals, much like McVay, after the play clock runs out on some plays, and considering the reports specifically noted that Bengals coaches were captured giving signals, I'd say that yes, the Bengals do use hand signals at times.

EDIT: Here's one article that says the Bengals (and most teams) still use hand signals:
The headset cuts off with 15 seconds on the play clock. The article is more speculating than reporting though about the hand signals. Bottom line is what I said earlier. The tapes need to be released.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They have a godly home record because at home they bug the play calling booths and other teams communications. Remember headsetgate?
Your evidence is Peyton Manning getting his ass thumped so hard by the Patriots that he became paranoid that the lockerroom was bugged?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, they beat the Browns a month ago. The notion that they would blatantly cheat in front of them and in front of Bengals personnel is absurd

And if it ends up being true (I have big doubts that it is) then they’re either the most arrogant or the dumbest ppl ever and I can’t really defend anything

Would be a lot more believable if they were facing a team that was actually worth worrying about

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Again, they beat the Browns a month ago. The notion that they would blatantly cheat in front of them and in front of Bengals personnel is absurd

And if it ends up being true (I have big doubts that it is) then they’re either the most arrogant or the dumbest ppl ever and I can’t really defend anything

Would be a lot more believable if they were facing a team that was actually worth worrying about

Well whether they did it or not, one thing I'm certain of is that BB had nothing to do with it. I dont think he could possibly be that stupid as to order some chumps in bruins gear to go the press box and film the sideline

Reactions: CDJ

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well whether they did it or not, one thing I'm certain of is that BB had nothing to do with it. I dont think he could possibly be that stupid as to order some chumps in bruins gear to go the press box and film the sideline
There's no way the guy in charge of a team repeatedly caught trying to cheat could be invovled in this. None.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
There's no way the guy in charge of a team repeatedly caught trying to cheat could be invovled in this. None.

upload_2019-12-10_18-0-6.jpeg

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The optics alone are enough to know he wasnt invovled. Seriously, two guys in Bruins gear just sitting in the press box with a camera. Its laughable to think BB would order that.

People are going to distort the truth on this just like they did spygate.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Browns/Patriots love affair has been detailed in this thread.

The optics alone are enough to know he wasnt invovled. Seriously, two guys in Bruins gear just sitting in the press box with a camera. Its laughable to think BB would order that.

These guys were recording the Bengals signals for 8 minutes. Where do you think that footage was going? Not to BB? Just recording it just to record it. Gotcha.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

They were probably just getting that footage for plays in Madden. That is the ONLY logical explanation that’s for SURE.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Police do it all the time!

As far as the documentary excuse not being believable, whatever you guys want to say. They’ve already released multiple episodes detailing random jobs within the organization. The league has the tapes. If there’s anything nefarious it would be obvious but people are gonna run with whatever they want to run with because they’ve had a foot jammed up their ass for 20 years. So yes, believe that they openly cheated in front of a team they recently beat and in front of personnel from the team they play next week if you want. That’s a brilliant, rational take. If the pats are that dumb then it’s a terrible look on the rest of the league for not being able to stop them for decades

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Browns/Patriots love affair has been detailed in this thread.

These guys were recording the Bengals signals for 8 minutes. Where do you think that footage was going? Not to BB? Just recording it just to record it. Gotcha.
If you had any clue with how the Patriots operated then you would know that its Ernie Adams that would deal with footage like that. If you want to tell me that someone.was messing around like Ernie, then I could possibly believe that. But BB even knowing footage like that existed would be enough for the league to drop a death sentence on him.

I mean what do you think, that the Patriots just break out a film like this during coaches meetings?

You are also taking a leap with suggesting whats on the film. So far I believe the league has said its sideline film. If the film turns out to be footage of the coaches box, then the Patriots might have a problem

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You are also taking a leap with suggesting whats on the film. So far I believe the league has said its sideline film. If the film turns out to be footage of the coaches box, then the Patriots might have a problem

They've already said its 8 minutes of the Bengals signals. Got to be the coaches box as well. You act like this footage will ever see the day of light? How will the Patriots keep fans like you? The truth is out there for who wants it but just enough doubt to keep you around. That's how this works. Footage will go with the Spygate footage. Slap on the wrist and we are all suppose to pretend like it never happened.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Why did the NFL destroy the original SpyGate film?

Why would the NFL not release the film form SpyGate and now this?

If they were cheating, show the whole world as opposed destroying it and expecting people to believe whatever the NFL wants to say it was.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If you were to ask most Pats fans, they've never cheated.

Despite their coach, starting QB, and best receiver being punished for cheating.

They would still be great without cheating though, to be fair.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They've already said its 8 minutes of the Bengals signals. Got to be the coaches box as well. You act like this footage will ever see the day of light? How will the Patriots keep fans like you? The truth is out there for who wants it but just enough doubt to keep you around. That's how this works. Footage will go with the Spygate footage. Slap on the wrist and we are all suppose to pretend like it never happened.
They said 8 mins of the sideline that included players running on and off the field and coaches calling plays and signaling. Again people just love distorting the truth.

Lol "8 mins of Bengals signals"

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why did the NFL destroy the original SpyGate film?

Why would the NFL not release the film form SpyGate and now this?

If they were cheating, show the whole world as opposed destroying it and expecting people to believe whatever the NFL wants to say it was.
You think the appropriate way to handle the Patriots cheating is to give their signal-stealing videos to the rest of the league?

member 157595

Antonio Brown going on another twitter tirade.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The guy is more self-centered than a freaking 13-year old yet has a total lack of self-awareness at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad