Feb 16, 2012
Lol. A fraud? Seriously?

Game 1: 35/4/5
Game 2: 23/3/4
Game 3: 47/8/7
Game 4: 27/4/6
Game 5: 31/8/7
Game 6: 21/3/7

It's kind of hard to score when the entire team's defensive game plan revolves around you. You saw it for yourself if you watched this series. There were so many plays where the Raptors doubled Steph, he made a pass, and BOTH guys didn't even bother leaving Steph, instead choosing to allow a wide open look.

Get the **** out of here with that "fraud" nonsense.
He put up a good scoring numbers while shooting 41% from the field and 34% from 3.

Also, he put up those scoring numbers while the officials sent him to the charity stripe over and over despite him almost never getting fouled. Think about it logically, why would you risk a foul on a 90% free throw shooter?

And yes they doubled Steph. He wasn't able shred the remaining 4 on 3 because he simply doesn't process the game well enough to see the play developing in advance. I watched the game. But there is a difference between seeing something with your eyes and comprehending what and why things happen. There is a reason someone like Lebron is basically never double-teamed, and when he is the other team quickly realizes the mistake they just made.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Curry is a fraud? I think you’re on your own on that one.
Yeah. lmao. There's so many metrics out there that shows that Curry is effective/productive regardless if Draymond/Klay/KD are sharing the court with him. The same does not apply to them. If you look purely at advance stats in his career Curry is probably the offensive GOAT.

Once Klay left it was Curry, Draymond and Iggy + an infirm Boogie Cousins vs one of the deeper teams of the last few years. It's not even a knock on Steph, the dude hasn't looked 100% all playoffs either.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yeah. lmao. There's so many metrics out there that shows that Curry is effective/productive regardless if Draymond/Klay/KD are sharing the court with him. The same does not apply to them. If you look purely at advance stats in his career Curry is probably the offensive GOAT.

Once Klay left it was Curry, Draymond and Iggy + an infirm Boogie Cousins vs one of the deeper teams of the last few years. It's not even a knock on Steph, the dude hasn't looked 100% all playoffs either.
Curry and 3 former all stars. Carrying them is just too much to ask for the "offensive GOAT." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
3 1/2 years ago ESPN ranked him as the 4th best PG ever after winning 1 ring in 2015 w/o Durant. He's won 3 rings losing only to LeBron and Kawhi and gone to 5 straight finals. He averages 6.6 APG for his career. Consistantly getting open jumpers despite being the best shooter ever takes a good understanding of the game. He processes the game just fine.

Reactions: NyQuil

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
3 1/2 years ago ESPN ranked him as the 4th best PG ever after winning 1 ring in 2015 w/o Durant. He's won 3 rings losing only to LeBron and Kawhi and gone to 5 straight finals. He averages 6.6 APG for his career. Consistantly getting open jumpers despite being the best shooter ever takes a good understanding of the game. He processes the game just fine.
"Just fine" is nowhere near good enough to be the 4th best PG ever. I don't know who they had on the list, but the 3 best offensive PGs ever are in the top 5 of all time in reading the game.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Curry and 3 former all stars. Carrying them is just too much to ask for the "offensive GOAT." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
vs Kawhi, Ibaka, Lowry, Van Vleet, Siakam and Gasol?? It's pretty obvious which side has more talent there. Cousins at 40% flat out doesn't count. Cousins at 100% completely different ball park, if you really want to go that route.....but I don't. I'm happy the Raptors won and I think it's karma purely for GSW taking out Kawhi when they were down by 20+ in game 1 a few years ago.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He put up a good scoring numbers while shooting 41% from the field and 34% from 3.

Also, he put up those scoring numbers while the officials sent him to the charity stripe over and over despite him almost never getting fouled. Think about it logically, why would you risk a foul on a 90% free throw shooter?

And yes they doubled Steph. He wasn't able shred the remaining 4 on 3 because he simply doesn't process the game well enough to see the play developing in advance. I watched the game. But there is a difference between seeing something with your eyes and comprehending what and why things happen. There is a reason someone like Lebron is basically never double-teamed, and when he is the other team quickly realizes the mistake they just made.
Oh god. Give me a break. Who else on the Warriors is going to be taking the shots that Curry is taking?

And seriously? "Shred the remaining 4 on 3"? I honestly don't even think you watched the games if you're going to bash Steph Curry for this series. He was the least of Golden State's problems.

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"Just fine" is nowhere near good enough to be the 4th best PG ever. I don't know who they had on the list, but the 3 best offensive PGs ever are in the top 5 of all time in reading the game.
So he was top four, three and a half years ago, you offer absolutely nothing to support your controversial opinion, but he doesn't read, process, or understand the game. :laugh: Good night all. I'm out. :cool:

Reactions: Roman Fell

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Holy F*** what a win, what a team, and what a moment! Ngl, I was pessimistic about this team on several different ocassions throughout the postseason and I was unsure whether they'd really have it in them to do the thing and go all the way. And I know it's been a couple hours since it ended but I'm still tryna soak it all in. I can't believe the Toronto Raptors are actually NBA champs it still feels surreal that it actually happened. What an awesome team win tonight, just like the rest of the season, it was a fantastic team performance and everyone stepped up and chipped in when they needed to. I'm not old enough to remember the Jays chips in the 90's so this is my first experience with Canada winning a major sporting title, and to do it with such an amazing team and against one of basketball's greatest dynasties made it 10x more special.

Also, my prayers go out to KD and Klay. It absolutely SUCKS so much seeing two world class players succumb to such horrific injuries and I wish them nothing but a fast and successful road back; I'm 100% sure they'll both come back stronger than ever before!

Last edited:

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
These are Kawhi's career accomplishments....keep in mind, he's still a very young man at just 27 years old!

2x NBA Champion
2x NBA Finals MVP
2x DPOY
3x All Star
3x All-NBA Selection (2 First Teams)
5x All-Defensive Selection (3 First Teams)
Steals Leader
Two top 3 MVP finishes
Won Canada the NBA championship
Beat the Heat and Warriors (two teams who were deemed as unbeatable) to win both titles

His numbers (both basic and advanced) in the reg season and playoffs are through the roof, everyone knows he's the best two-way player in the league, and with a RS MVP or two (to go along with more rings/elite seasons), he's on pace to go down as potentially a top 10 player ever (maybe even greater who knows what his ceiling is at this point). Bottom line, Kawhi's legacy is looking ideal at the moment and a part of me feels that he hasn't even hit his peak yet.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
DD35DCBE-67E3-4AED-AD9A-46650A6897AE.jpeg

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Why are players wearing ski goggles while celebrating?????

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
A fun fact only to me. For the 5 Warriors finals I was either in the Bay Area or the PNW for their wins, in relative proximity. And I was in Michigan for their losses, in relative proximity to Cleveland and Toronto.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just like the bay area hockey team, if the Warriors are healthy, they win.

But they weren't so they didn't.

Well yeah. They have a stupidly amount of all stars on their team. Even with the few injuries they still had more all stars on their team at the end of the day. lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
zero chance toronto wins this game if klay doesn't go down. but god knows the warriors benefited from injuries to their opponents numerous times the past few years

congrats to the raptors and their fans. you guys deserve it after all those years of heartbreak. and on a side note, jeremy lin is now an NBA champ and awesome that he won it in his backyard. oh and pat mccaw has now won 3 straight titles

i wonder how derozan feels

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wouldn't say "zero chance" the Raptors win if Klay stays in the game. Granted, the Warriors had a lot of momentum at that point in time and Klay was on fire, but it was still a very tight game that could go either way.

One thing I'm extremely satisfied seeing is Boogie Cousins losing. **** that guy for signing with the Warriors and thinking he was getting a free ring. It was hilarious watching that last Warriors offensive possession and seeing just how utterly useless he was. Not only did he completely miss VanVleet on the high screen, but he got boxed out by Kawhi and was easily beaten to the rebound.

That's one guy I believe will be hard pressed to find a max long term contract from any team this summer.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I wouldn't say "zero chance" the Raptors win if Klay stays in the game. Granted, the Warriors had a lot of momentum at that point in time and Klay was on fire, but it was still a very tight game that could go either way.

One thing I'm extremely satisfied seeing is Boogie Cousins losing. **** that guy for signing with the Warriors and thinking he was getting a free ring. It was hilarious watching that last Warriors offensive possession and seeing just how utterly useless he was. Not only did he completely miss VanVleet on the high screen, but he got boxed out by Kawhi and was easily beaten to the rebound.

That's one guy I believe will be hard pressed to find a max long term contract from any team this summer.
How dare Cousins chase a ring after 9 years of no playoffs instead of chasing a payday.

People will hate him no matter what he does.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Must really suck for the Dubs to have lost their last 3 home games at the Oracle, with one of them ending in another teams celebration.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I don't have any connection to Toronto or Canada, but like I said in one of these threads, I have a mild fondness of the Raptors for some reason. I guess a combo of liking the logo/name as a kid and never got into either of the NY area teams.

Happy for the team. Congrats, Raptors.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad