NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Congrats to the Raptors. Happy to see guys like Lowry, Gasol, Masai, and Nurse get a ring.

Kawhi's run in the playoffs is one of the best ever. Regardless of what happens in the next two weeks, he'll be a legend in Toronto and Canada for what he did.

Siakam and FVV came up huge once again tonight. Their depth was one of their biggest advantages over other teams so it was great to see so many guys step up to clinch it.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
FVV was huge, Lowry was huge, Siakam and Kawhi both had strong nights as well.

Green and Gasol? I'm happy they won but they weren't very good out there, sorry to say. Kept hoping for Nurse to swap Gasol for Ibaka, since whenever he did Serge would go off for a few baskets or at least a rebound. Gasol wasnt hitting anything. And Green's pass to Siakam late in the game nearly sank the Raps completely. He's lucky Curry clanged that late three attempt.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully Klay's injury isn't as bad as it looked on slow motion replay. The Warriors losing another player to injury was disappointing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Fun Guy.......

giphy.gif

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wanted to see Curry get another ring, but that meant Durant and Green get one.

Happy for Kawhi and Lowry, that's about it. This was basically a lose-lose final for me.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Only sore losers will bring up injuries, injuries are the name of the game. It doesn't devalue Toronto's title.

No one is taking anything away from Toronto, but I mean....injuries is a pretty valid REASON, not excuse.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think you spelled Finland incorrectly there:

getty_nuoretleijonat20190106kulta-1024x658.jpg

original.png

Lol

Canada has won what 9 of 13 best-on-bests? Not including the 1972 Summit Series victory.

Don’t brag about the Skoda’s. Best-on-best are all that matters.

Say Hey Kid

They met at the crossroads.
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
NBA champions are NOT world champions! ...
The top international players play in the NBA, because the money is the best. Dominique, Olujuwon, Ewing, Dirk, the Gasols, Nash, Parker, Ginobli, Embiid, are all from other countries. How is it not the world championship of professional basketball leagues? :huh:

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
No one is taking anything away from Toronto, but I mean....injuries is a pretty valid REASON, not excuse.
The Warriors won because of injuries as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a championship team that didnt benefit from injuries. This game looks much different with Thompson in there. That being said, that's not an excuse for the Warriors. They still had some great players without Durant and Thompson. The Raptors had an injured Leonard and Lowry as well. And those are the injuries we know about publicly. Both sides were banged up for sure.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Wow. Thus is nuts. I’m on my porch about 10 KM from the down town core and all I hear is horns honking all around me. Yonge street is congested from Front all the way to Steeles!

This city is rocking right now.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Toronto Blue Jays were established in 1977...it took them 15 years to win their first title.

Toronto Raptors were established in 1995..it took them 24 years to win their first title.

Nobody should ever attempt to claim Toronto is a cursed sports town ever again.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad