NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
What salt? Wasn't prety much everyone cheering for the Raptors?

I remember seeing a map of the United Stated that showed that the entire country was rooting against Golden State.

Kawhi's entire season will have a big impact on the league. Expect "Load Management" to be something we'll hear a lot of starting next year. If teams have exceptions of making deep playoff runs, don't be surprised to see guys like Harden sitting out 15-20 games per year.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Does the league trophy presentation always go to the owner first, and then the players?

After watching the Blues parade it around, from captain to teammate and so on, it was interesting to see the NBA commissioner hand the trophy not to Lowry, or Kawhi, but to Larry Tannenbaum, who raised it up for what felt like a very long time before handing it off to the actual players. :laugh:

Gotta admit it was hilarious watching some pasty old Jewish guy celebrating like he did the whole thing himself while a team of pro athletes patiently waits for him to finish.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My daughters said it was easy getting to work today as a lot of people must have slept in. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They do the same in the NFL, no?

Adam Silver is one weird, creepy looking dude, that is for sure.

Oh no doubt, he looks emaciated.

And yeah, I was thinking the NFL was similar with the owner always front and center next to the commish.

I prefer hockey's process so much more.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Also, speaking of Tannenbaum, he had to have been pretty liquored up last night.

I'm pretty sure he told a sea of Golden State fans that the Raptors were "going to keep the trophy in Canada for many years", during his rambling interview response.

Probably not the best look. :laugh:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Does the league trophy presentation always go to the owner first, and then the players?

After watching the Blues parade it around, from captain to teammate and so on, it was interesting to see the NBA commissioner hand the trophy not to Lowry, or Kawhi, but to Larry Tannenbaum, who raised it up for what felt like a very long time before handing it off to the actual players. :laugh:

Gotta admit it was hilarious watching some pasty old Jewish guy celebrating like he did the whole thing himself while a team of pro athletes patiently waits for him to finish.

And it's interesting considering the whole owner title argument making the rounds in the NBA.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sep 19, 2008
Apparently Masai nearly decked a cop who didn't recognize him and was trying to keep him from going on the court after the game. :laugh:

Raptors president Masai Ujiri involved in altercation with police moments after Toronto clinches title

For what it's worth, I would've done the same thing had I been working security....I mean imagine some shmuck tries to pass himself off as upper management, then knifes one of the players. Not good.

Masai probably should've had his credentials more visible.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Apparently Masai nearly decked a cop who didn't recognize him and was trying to keep him from going on the court after the game. Raptors president Masai Ujiri involved in altercation with police moments after Toronto clinches title For what it's worth, I would've done the same thing had I been working security....I mean imagine some shmuck tries to pass himself off as upper management, then knifes one of the players. Not good. Masai probably should've had his credentials more visible.
:rolleyes: I would have known what both GMs in the Finals look like if I was security. I already did before the Finals.

Sep 19, 2008
He eventually got on the court without credentials

Recognize or not, you need to have those credentials visible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad