NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Another thing I have to say, even though I'm a fan of his, is Steph Curry kinda folded there after Klay went down. He wasn't even a top 3 Warrior in the game last night as Dray, Klay and Iggy all had far better games than he did. He had the chance to do something great there in the 4th and simply put, he couldn't sink his shots. I know the raps defense has been clamping Steph all series but great players get clamped on D all the time and still manage to produce at a very high rate (i.e. Kawhi, LeBron and KD)

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyThoughts

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
He eventually got on the court without credentials

Recognize or not, you need to have those credentials visible

Pretty sure he has them in his hand. This was seconds after the altercation when Kyle pulled him onto the court.

7b46ab26-7234-416a-9401-cd7979e3efdd-USP_NBA__Finals-Toronto_Raptors_at_Golden_State_Wa_5.JPG

Reactions: jasonleaffan

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs have never ever looked worse than they do today
What are the Leafs? :laugh:

Masai Ujiri is a Boss. Starts his playoff runs with “**** Brooklin” ... Now he’s assaulting cops in Oakland before he goes to celebrate the championship on their floor. :laugh:

Reactions: WillNy29

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Another thing I have to say, even though I'm a fan of his, is Steph Curry kinda folded there after Klay went down. He wasn't even a top 3 Warrior in the game last night as Dray, Klay and Iggy all had far better games than he did. He had the chance to do something great there in the 4th and he couldn't sink his shots, simply put. I know the raps defense has been clamping Steph all series but great players get clamped on D all the time and still manage to produce.

Klay and Steph both just benefit so much from playing with each other. Adding two guys with such great distance shooting means they can space the floor and get better looks so much easier since the D need to respect both.

Curry became a lot easier to contain and suffocate last night when Klay went down.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Pretty sure he has them in his hand. This was seconds after the altercation when Kyle pulled him onto the court.

7b46ab26-7234-416a-9401-cd7979e3efdd-USP_NBA__Finals-Toronto_Raptors_at_Golden_State_Wa_5.JPG
According to reports the visiting team needed an additional pass to get on the court for the trophy presentation and he didn’t have it.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Klay and Steph both just benefit so much from playing with each other. Adding two guys with such great distance shooting means they can space the floor and get better looks so much easier since the D need to respect both.

Curry became a lot easier to contain and suffocate last night when Klay went down.
Oh yea for sure. They're as dynamic of duo as a duo can get. I hope they can remain together on Golden State till they retire as I can't them not being on the same team as one another.

I've said this a few times already, but separating Curry and Klay from the Warriors would be like separating Crosby and Malkin from the Penguins, it simply doesn't feel right at all.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Some random questions:

Would Portland have been a tougher matchup for the Raps?

Who would have won between the 76ers and the Bucks? Would either of them have beaten the Warriors?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
What are the Leafs? :laugh:

Masai Ujiri is a Boss. Starts his playoff runs with “**** Brooklin” ... Now he’s assaulting cops in Oakland before he goes to celebrate the championship on their floor. :laugh:

The Toronto Maple Who's ?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Some random questions:

Would Portland have been a tougher matchup for the Raps?

Who would have won between the 76ers and the Bucks? Would either of them have beaten the Warriors?

76ers would have gotten past the Bucks, when you look at it Philly was actually the team that gave us the most trouble, hell of a team. I think they would have pushed the Warriors too.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah.. I also find it odd a cop working court access at the finals wouldn’t know who Masai Ujiri is?

It’s not like this was Bobby Webster. :laugh:

Who? :sarcasm:

Was he even there last night or is this guy kept locked up somewhere in a bunker, chained to a work station?

#FREEBOBBYWEBSTER

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Who? :sarcasm:

Was he even there last night or is this guy kept locked up somewhere in a bunker, chained to a work station?

#FREEBOBBYWEBSTER
:laugh: I’ve watched all kinds of stuff this morning and I honestly don’t recall seeing him anywhere.

Can’t even think of the last confirmed sighting? :laugh:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I believe in 1992, Bobby Hansen of the Bulls had some trouble getting on the podium because security didn't believe he was on the team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So, what, the scuffle started over nothing? Or just some officer on a power trip?

Who knows. I don't believe Masai or the Raptors have commented yet and there's no video of the actual incident out there.

Good job by Lowry getting Masai away from whatever was going on. It was cool to see them embrace after everything that happened the last year.

Reactions: donghabs98

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Kelly said that rather than arrest Ujiri on international television, the department decided to take the "high road" and file a misdemeanour complaint to local prosecutors. He said the officer was not seriously injured in the alleged incident, but did complain of pain in his jaw.

Asked about the appearance of a well-known executive being held back from celebrating a historic win with the team he built, Kelly said optics were of no concern.

"There is a credentialling policy that the NBA has in place. Everybody from the top executives all the way down ... know that you must wear credentials to get on the court," he said.

Well gosh, mister Kelly! Thank you so much for choosing not to arrest the Raptors' team president mere moments after his team won the NBA championship, over such a flagrant flouting of the security rules! You truly are a beacon of morality! :handclap:

I wonder what his next quote will be now that there's video of Ujiri clearly holding his credentials in his hand and eyewitness testimony stating he never touched the cop or gave him anything to cause "pain in his jaw". :laugh:

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad