NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
At least this series further exposed Curry as a fraud. Thompson gets hurt with 4 minutes left in the 3rd and the supposed driver of their offense scores four points the rest of the way, half of which came on an imaginary foul where he tripped over his own feet.

The refs/NBA really wanted to get him a Finals MVP as they gave him 55 FTAs in 6 games, but sometimes the narrative doesn't go as planned.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
At least this series further exposed Curry as a fraud. Thompson gets hurt with 4 minutes left in the 3rd and the supposed driver of their offense scores four points the rest of the way, half of which came on an imaginary foul where he tripped over his own feet.

The refs/NBA really wanted to get him a Finals MVP as they gave him 55 FTAs in 6 games, but sometimes the narrative doesn't go as planned.

Yeah I disagree.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Kawhi's a completely different person when he has a buzz going. :laugh:

Reactions: PM

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
The NBA wanted GS to win so bad lmao they didn’t even bother hiding it. **** GS and their refs, so glad their time’s over. Next season doesn’t look too promising either right now eh? Particularly happy to see these whiny ******* Cousins and Green lose, always look like they’re about to throw a temper tantrum out there.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Toronto Blue Jays were established in 1977...it took them 15 years to win their first title.

Toronto Raptors were established in 1995..it took them 24 years to win their first title.

Nobody should ever attempt to claim Toronto is a cursed sports town ever again.

Toronto isn't cursed. The Leafs just suck.

In the same boat with the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians and others.

The NBA wanted GS to win so bad lmao they didn’t even bother hiding it. **** GS and their refs, so glad their time’s over. Next season doesn’t look too promising either right now eh? Particularly happy to see these whiny ******* Cousins ans Green lose lmao, always look like they’re about to throw a temper tantrum out there.

I guess that Toronto FC really didn't count. Some of you guys can't handle what just happened :laugh:

Reactions: NyQuil

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007

As someone who hasn't watched a basketball game in 20 years but tuned in to the last 3 games of this series, even I could tell that Curry is a special player. The guy can single handedly take over a game. Watching him and Leonard was a real treat.

Who hurt you?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

heh heh heh

Meh...I've seen the Pistons win three championships and reach the finals five times in my lifetime

More to the point, I don't believe Casey was the problem in Toronto with Nurse as a dramatic upgrade. The different was, duh, the trade for Kawhi Leonard.

Reactions: TB12

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Toronto Blue Jays were established in 1977...it took them 15 years to win their first title.

Toronto Raptors were established in 1995..it took them 24 years to win their first title.

Nobody should ever attempt to claim Toronto is a cursed sports town ever again.
Yeah it's just the wretched Leafs that are cursed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Meh...I've seen the Pistons win three championships and reach the finals five times in my lifetime

More to the point, I don't believe Casey was the problem in Toronto with Nurse as a dramatic upgrade. The different was, duh, the trade for Kawhi Leonard.
Nothing against the Pistons or their fans. Casey is just a dick.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Casey was the problem in Toronto but I also think he had run his course with that team. It was clear as day he had no ****ing clue what to do with Serge Ibaka, and who is to say whether or not he gives Pascal Siakam the rope and minutes that Nick Nurse did this season to allow him to flourish.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I guess that Toronto FC really didn't count. Some of you guys can't handle what just happened :laugh:

TFC winning was a great moment for the city, but this tops that.

A championship in the "big 4" will always mean more.

Hell, look at the Toronto Rock, our lacrosse team. Six titles over the last 20 years, and I can't even name one player on their team.

And I even went to a game in March. :laugh:

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Curry is a fraud? I think you’re on your own on that one.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Lol. A fraud? Seriously?

Game 1: 35/4/5
Game 2: 23/3/4
Game 3: 47/8/7
Game 4: 27/4/6
Game 5: 31/8/7
Game 6: 21/3/7

It's kind of hard to score when the entire team's defensive game plan revolves around you. You saw it for yourself if you watched this series. There were so many plays where the Raptors doubled Steph, he made a pass, and BOTH guys didn't even bother leaving Steph, instead choosing to allow a wide open look.

Get the **** out of here with that "fraud" nonsense.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I can't wait to watch all the American media reaction tomorrow on YouTube, haha makes it so much sweeter, especially Skip Bayless who is likely drinking his sorrows away right now, the same guy who refuses to call Kawhi Leonard by his name but only ever refers to him as "Number 2" F him.

How many asterisks next to the Raptors title?

Is it one or two? Or is it three?

Never mind the fact that the Warriors dynasty was built on facing opponents in the playoffs and NBA finals with key injuries to the teams they were playing.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Happy toronto won. Now all canadian kids will start playing basketball instead of hockey growing up.

Sorry canada :)

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I've determined that if you try to put asterisks and disclaimers on a Finals winner then you end up with approximately 0 legitimate titles

for the sake of convenience I say, Tronna won fair and square.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Nothing against the Pistons or their fans. Casey is just a dick.

Dude was bitter and had some right to be. It was the same roster failing time and time again. With the caveat of LeBron in the LEast. Which, as proven, he alone is good enough to win.

This year was definitely a perfect storm for Toronto. No offense to DeRozan but I have no idea what San Antonio was thinking there.

Reactions: BSHH

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

I couldn’t tell since I’m not from Toronto and don’t care about their other sports teams whatsoever. I just happen to like basketball, the Raptors as a team and seeing GS and their whiny antics go home empty handed despite the referees’ best effort to gift them the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad