NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Curry could win a Gold at the Olympics for diving.

In my opinion, he's simultaneously the most over and under called for fouls. He gets mugged constantly and gets nothing called, but then every so often he's flopping and getting calls against TO.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hope I'm wrong but I think GSW just fired their last shot.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If Lowry wasn't in the event, sure.

Chef Curry baby. Toronto gonna do what they do best, choke.

Let's Go GS

Chef Curry is overdue to go cold. GSW at some point can’t keep living by the 3. When you live by the sword, you eventually die by the sword.

The Warriors seem to have more lives than Freddy Krueger, but at some point, the expiration date has to be due.

And I think TOR at some point is going to have a game where they shoot like 40-45 percent from 3

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Chef Curry is overdue to go cold. GSW at some point can’t keep living by the 3

lolwut

they've done it the past 4 years and would be going for their 5th straight title right now if it wasn't for kyrie's 3 pointer

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
lolwut

they've done it the past 4 years and would be going for their 5th straight title right now if it wasn't for kyrie's 3 pointer

4 years of shooting 50% from behind the arc?

Wow!

Literally just 1 less 3 pointer last night and the title is Toronto’s.

The Warriors shot better from beyond the arc than they did in overall field goals 48% - 46%

Reactions: Roman Fell

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Until last night GS was about as reliant on the 3 in this series as they have been the last 5 years.

Last night was abnormal and they both made a crazy number of 3s (only a couple shy of the all time finals record and I think 4 more than any other game during this 5 year finals run for them), and made them at an abnormal rate (48% on 42 shots is insanity)

GS needed that, plus a super efficient 1st quarter by Durant to squeak out a win over a Raps team that shot brutal from deep. They either need to play significantly better overall, hope Toronto chucks bricks for a couple more games, or they won't win.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the Raptors win Game 6. They came so close last night to winning it but came up 1 point short that was with Durant starting. Durant's injured now again. I think him being out now for the series seals the deal for the Raptors in Game 6.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yup. Some pretty embarrassing things from Torontonians this series. All the attention/success has brought out the worst in this city.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup. Some pretty embarrassing things from Torontonians this series. All the attention/success has brought out the worst in this city.
Desire for a championship has clouded all sensibilities.

Normal course of action after the whistle blows for an injury is to not make noise. Let the doctors and trainers attend to the player so that they can communicate with them.

When player leaves the playing surface you should show some support.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Until last night GS was about as reliant on the 3 in this series as they have been the last 5 years.

Last night was abnormal and they both made a crazy number of 3s (only a couple shy of the all time finals record and I think 4 more than any other game during this 5 year finals run for them), and made them at an abnormal rate (48% on 42 shots is insanity)

GS needed that, plus a super efficient 1st quarter by Durant to squeak out a win over a Raps team that shot brutal from deep. They either need to play significantly better overall, hope Toronto chucks bricks for a couple more games, or they won't win.
You do know that Steph and Klay are two of the best 3pt shooters in NBA history, right? They shoot 43.6% and 41.9% respectively from 3 over their careers.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I knew this wasn't going to be easy. This is still the Warriors team that won a chip before Durant and they weren't going to go down without a fight.

Losing KD for good and potentially Looney (although he does want to play) will hurt badly. The Raps needs to come out pissed off in game 6 and shut this down.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
You do know that Steph and Klay are two of the best 3pt shooters in NBA history, right? They shoot 43.6% and 41.9% respectively from 3 over their careers.

The Warriors shot well above their average clip and the Raptors shot well below their average clip and it was still only a 1 point game. However, a 2 game sample size is small enough that it's feasible that the Warriors could do this two more times. Even still, the Warriors are thin on offense outside of Steph/Klay. I trust what happened in the first 4 games much more than what happened in game 5, but then again I'm a biased fan.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

OK?

Steph/Klay combining to go 12/27 (44%) isn't crazy, although 27 attempts between them is significantly higher than any other game this series.

The rest of the warriors combining to go 8/15 (53%) isn't remotely sustainable. Even excluding Durants 3/3 it's still 5/12 which is above the rest of the team's average considering basically everyone else is a mid 30s 3 shooter. The non-Curry/Klay Warriors have averaged above 40% 3s in only 5 out of 21 games and 3 of those were with a fully healthy Durant who not only helps those numbers but also opens up a lot of room for others, also they were against teams whose defense isn't as good as the Raps.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad